• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sense it? I smell Turk! Maybe you Romans should consider a Kingdom of the Serbs before reforming the Empire after the Seljuk smackdown?

I'm with BT here, Kingdom of Serbia sounds like a safer bet! ;)

Chapter 3 - They Are Coming! 1071 - 1081

Well, what can I say? Roman life is boring, someone sent me a fosterling, I forged a claim on the county of Rum and so on, so forth.

My laws put my vassal in such a place that each month his loyalty lowers every month. Due to this fact I changed my ruling law to Traditional Custom.

NewLaws.jpg

This law also presents much more desirable soldiers for use.

More stuff happens, I built a mine, then a library, get insulted by the duke of dioclea and get a free claim.

In 1079, the independant Duchy of Bavaria offers to create an alliance which I gladly accept.

Yumanallie.jpg

More stuff happens. Then... war comes. The Seljuks resume their conquest of Asia Minor and Thracia. My liege quickly takes Thrace back into Roman rule using the large host in Byzantion. However, after reinforcements arrive from Persia, much of Asia Minor is taken into the hands of Islam. The reinforcements continued to storm up Turkey.

A messenger ran into my palace, panting.
"My lord, Byzantion has fallen all hope is lost."
"Are you sure?" asked I, finding it hard to believe the capital of civilization had fallen to barbarian nomads.
"Aye sir, I saw the Muslim hordes storm the streets myself."
"Thank you." I said, dismissing the man.
All hope is lost? Well, am I still alive? I think so. Hope is not lost.

Ohno1.jpg

For now.

Chapter 4 - All Good Things Must Come To an End. 1082

My father never did anything to anyone which would have caused them to carry out the event that happened that night. The man crept into my fathers palace, unnoticed by the guards. He carefully weaved his way through the corriders of the villa.

NOOO.jpg

The knife went through his throat so quickly, a cough was the only sign of disturbence created. None of the guards found fathers fate until the morning. And as for the assassin, he was never seen again. The only trace of him was the gossip of a foreign man in the hamlets of Vidin.

I now must lead Vidin. But first I should finish school.

Blimey - that came out of the blue! What's the new ruler like?

My guess: Young, likely to need to learn Turkish, hopefully luckier than his father.

Chapter 5 - New Begginings 1082 - 1086

I was quite young when I came to power so I had little power and my regency did not make any siginificent decisions or changes. Towards the end of the regency though, the Duke of Dioclea mobilized his troops.

Diocleawar.jpg

They were marching towards an Italian count. After half of their armies had departed, I moved in my entire force. My kind emperor chose to help me by raising his soldiers and marched upon the Duke's holding.

Theyhelpedme.jpg

After a year of seiging, Dioclea's Duke was at the mercy of the Romans. I demanded that he pay me a tribute and recognize me as Duke of Dioclea and my sovereignty over the count of Hum. Emperor Michael demanded nothing of the Duke. Now that I controlled Hum, I should have been the Duke of Rashka but the ex-Duke of Dioclea still retained that title. War was inevitable.

Peace.jpg

My recent gain brought my control over 4 provinces. This brought me equal to the power of the Prince of Achaea. This meant that I was now 2nd in the line of succession.

Succesion.jpg

One more province could make me heir to the throne.

hmm.jpg

The tribe of Olivia only sat only 2 provinces away from the edge of the Empire. It had a minute amount of soldiers to defend it. It was an single province. One that could easily be annexed. It's a race against time. I need to gain that power. Before Michael dies.

Is there anything you could do to discredit/remove the chap who is ahead of you in the sucession?

Is there anything you could do to discredit/remove the chap who is ahead of you in the sucession?

Nah, I think if I assinated him his son would still be more powerful, and still, I think taking an extra province would be easier than killing him.

Chapter 6

Yes, I'm back. It has been a long time and I doubt anyones still going to read this but hey, it's worth a try. This post lacks some decent pictures as I played this session 2 months ago and lost most of them.

I ordered my men to march towards Olvia.

DieOlvia.jpg

After several months of seiging Olvia was finally under Roman control.

During the year after the conquest of Olvia, disloyalty spread like wild fire across the empire and many dukes decided to rebel. I agreed to help the emperor in fighting one of the dukes and even made a profit of the county Karvuna.

Karvuna.jpg

Shortly after the liberation of Karvuna's people, I had an argument with the count of Belgrade leading to the annexation of his county. Unfourtunately, the Count of Hum inherited his fathers Duchy of Rashka and declared independance.

EVIIL-1.jpg

After my recent conquests I was now the first in the line of succesion.

GuessWho.jpg

:cool:

Chapter 7

Barely a few months after I ascended to the emperor's heir he, unfortunately, died. This left me in charge of the Byzatine empire. This would be a good thing. A good thing if the country was not at war with the Seljuk Turks. The Turks had a lot of holdings in Anatolia as well as Byzantion and its surrounding area. The late, incompetent Emperor had left me the empire in ruins. The Suljuks were overwhelming the empire and Byzantium was unable to defend itself.

I began peace negotiations with the Seljuk sultan. I offered all of Byzantium's money as well as land in Anatolia. Unfortunately the ignorant Sultan refused. With no hope of victory I was forced to offer more lands in Anatolia and around Thrace.

After the war with the Seljuks ended I decided to improve the military standards of the Empire's provinces by building training grounds. After that I decided to bring back the defected vassals of the last emperor. I started with a 3 province duke in Albania, whilst taking some land for myself as well. At the same time a small Pagan count rebelled near Olvia, it being a weak nation I decided to annex it.

Sorry for the short, no screenies post. I probably pressed the wrong button while taking my screenies.