• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Haftetavenscrap said:
Frustrating... It's hard for me to test a bug that makes no sense and doesn't occur on my computers. :eek:

It is very odd, WWM works, and after alot of messing about I can use it as a mod base, but the basic one refuses to remove the cities. I am completely confused by it myself!

Russia in 1600

eu3maprus16004291lj6.jpg

planning to eat Middle East, Manchuria, and colonize Alaska.

fighting the Ottomans have been tough, everytime i fight them my WE skyrocket.....only my superior number saved me. (they kill 5 russians with 1 turks :( )

More Russia, this time from 1501.

3.1, All normal settings (but Lucky Nations Off).

EU3_MAP_RUS_1501912_1.png

Apparently Portugal is going to try to colonize the entire world -- they've already started on Canada, Brazil, and west-central Africa, and have conquered Mexico. France is very enthusiastic this game, and Venice could form Italy before the century is out. That big Poland is actually my only long-term ally, though I'm afraid that one day I'll have to turn my back on them and reclaim some of the Belorussian territory they got from Lithuania and Polotsk.

Cheers.

This Russia game looks crazily similar to mine. I bet that the Golden Horde, Timurids, and the Ottomans are in some crazy backstabbing alliance with each other. Ming also from experience wont last long at that size.

Landwalker said:
Apparently Portugal is going to try to colonize the entire world -- they've already started on Canada, Brazil, and west-central Africa, and have conquered Mexico. France is very enthusiastic this game, and Venice could form Italy before the century is out. That big Poland is actually my only long-term ally, though I'm afraid that one day I'll have to turn my back on them and reclaim some of the Belorussian territory they got from Lithuania and Polotsk.

Cheers.

Portugal is of no threat to you due to their manpower.

that Poland looked hard to conquer though. perhaps try to ally with Bohemia?

btw if you have westernized i think you already win the game :p.

henryjai said:
Portugal is of no threat to you due to their manpower.

that Poland looked hard to conquer though. perhaps try to ally with Bohemia?

btw if you have westernized i think you already win the game :p.

Yep, I westernized very early on, so I'm trucking along very well. Right now I'm focused on mopping up everything in Western Siberia, snuffing out the Golden Horde once and for all, and all that good stuff. After that I'll probably drive for the Pacific.

If/When I have a throwdown with Poland, I'm definitely going to try to pick up Austria and/or Bohemia as a friend. There's pretty much nobody else in the area who could last for more than a couple of months against them.

Cheers.

This is my recent empire lol I used not cheats for this! I was just extremely lucky and inherited Castille about 10 years into the game!

I am Great Britain and am so far leading (by far) in everything. I have half a million troops and a quarter of a million manpower. I can attack any place on the planet within a few months. I have 345 ships spread out across the globe. I have beaten every major nation in the game and brought them all to their knees. I have spend about 70% of my time colonising which I have to say is the most boring thing on earth!!

Plus what I really hated was that after that event thing telling me that the americans wanted freedom blah blah blah and the USA gets cores on most of the east coast, I kept getting this event that told me something about a meeting in X province about breaking free or something and I had 2 choices, one would decrease my income (tax and overseas) by 20% and the other would reduce my stability by 1. That was fine, I didn't mind the stab hit (the hit 20% would do is too much for me), but then, 1 MONTH later it had the same event!! And then a few months later the SAME event!!! so I ended up with -3 stability in no time and revolts everywhere!!! I got back to +3 and like a year later the same thing happened again!!! HOW IS THAT FAIR?!!! I dunno if this is a WWM prob of just a prob in the game!! Anyone know?
I stopped playing soon after that coz I couldnt take it anymore.

Btw that massive brown blob in Asia is the Golden Horde AND Persia, they look like 1 nation when they're not they're split in 2. I beat them both with about 100k men.

That big nation in south america is Bahia! They revolted and took some provinces then went colonising!!

Norway is doing brilliantly!! about 60k men!!

EDIT: Oh and does anyone know why the Golden Horde wouldnt colonise the coastal provinces in the east? They went mad colonising the whole east until a province away from the sea and stopped. This was like a century ago as well!! It's weird...

eu3mapgbr18084181bj2.jpg

I would but I like ruling from Britain!

Not a very strategically smart move but I'm earning 3k a year so I'm not really short of money lol plus I've made Britain my most technologically advanced area lol every building available has been built there! (there are main cities around the globe I've shown special care to lol eg. Manhattan, Cape, a province in Australia that I made a CoT in and Hong Kong.

I have about 18k ducats atm and as building a University or any of the others costs me about 6k I'm avoiding mass building them lol I try and keep my treasury above 10k in case of a war (where I'll need a lot of it to fund it all)

It's worked so far and GB is the most advanced place on earth! Next (surprisingly) is Naples!! Their provinces were almost as advanced as Britain's!! Well..... they had to go then..... I left them as a one province minor hehe

Austria

This is the first game I've played to near completion in 1791 [IN 3.1] as Austria. I did not go on a powerrush and have had fairly stable borders for the past century. I actually rescued Brandenburg after they were conquered by Poland, and they managed to expand on their own. The Golden Horde and Timurids have made some massive gains in Asia and around the world. My army numbers 210K with 179K manpower and a forcelimit of 231K (with grand army and HRE) making it third largest, behind Timurids and occasionally France.