• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My favorite part is "Ottomans" writen over Serbia and Bosnia...

But seriously, Austria becoming a Republican Dictatorship so early could be interesting. You could consider writing an AAR about this, it could be fun!

Update 5 :

Austria : 1581

EU3_2-5.jpg

After a few years of fighting Protestant brothers vying for control over the entire mass of protestants in Eastern Europe, from Russia to Venice, the Austrians once again were successful. Lord Schruder in his wisdom setup buffer states in Gallicia and out of Croatia, pitting minority rule against the masses they fared against. Austria now also has an income of almost double that of the next highest power, and has its own Center of trade in the former Hungarian capital, renamed Schruderburg. The alliance with Spain has been renewed, and the long distraught French Lords are turning to Austria to seek liberation from the Burgundian Iron Grip. Austria also is preparing once more for a war. Its army is expanding with more and more artillery, more and more generals, and more and more targets...

Both of you, thank you.

Aliasing- there is a national decision that you can use under a few circumstances:

1)Your capital isn't your national culture(might have to be not even your culture group)
2)Your capital's culture is your nation's dominant culture
3)At peace(like most national decisions >_>)
4)stability of at least +1

When all of that is fulfilled, then you can enact the decision, which will switch your national culture to your capital's culture(IE your national culture is castillian, your capital has Bulgarian culture and is the dominant culture, you enact the decision, and BAM your national culture is now Bulgarian!

Im calling BS. 30k ducats?

Im calling BS. 30k ducats?

I have a RIDICULOUS economy-about 300-400 ducats per month or so. I invested as much as I could without getting inflation since the moment I got my first inflation advisor in the large advisor swarm that comes 1 year after the game starts(was a 2* one), until I reached the point where if I do that then my treasury would be going so far into space that accusations of modding would be honestly very legitimate. Also, since most of my provinces are rich provinces, that makes it easy to get cash. Trade also helps by making up the bulk of my cash. I'm also not using any beta patches, so I don't have ungodly naval maintenance costs and building costs don't scale up. Finally, I had been making about 2.75 magistrates per year for about most of the game, with only recently being able to make 3 per year. Thus, like many players, the only other thing I had to spend my cash on was bribing other nations, which I did little of besides making France at constant +200 relations as to avoid a DOW from them, which doesn't cost much at all.

Oh yea, I have also only built 1 or 2 manufacture buildings and those were because they were missions, and I didn't want to cancel them since I like having very high prestige-helps with trading.

Alright so I had decided FOIX would be fun...mostly because of the flag and the name.

Sorry about the poor resolution, this is 1530. As you can see, i had chipped away at france. But what is REALLY interesting is the black lines on the french border...somebody is having a hard time with rebels!

EU3_30.jpg

So what happens next?

EU3_31.jpg

France lost a lot of territory...

after this, I chose to convert to reformed...it took 30 years to beat back all the revolts. Currently colonizing south America and deciding where to go from here. I need to conquer Iberia, continue conquering france and there's always central america that would be nice to have(though i spent 50 years squashing uprisings last time I did that...would have to station 2 7-8k armies to protect that)

Update 6 :

Austria : 1592

EU3_3-3.jpg

Following our Lord Protector's obvious decision to centralize Austrian possessions by incorporating the free cities of Munich and Ulm, war once again broke out. The Catholic devils from the west sought to ursurp Austria's rightful place in the sun, but it was an ill faded adventure.

Milan attacked Austria from its recently inhereted Hesse, only to lose those possessions too. Austrian armies then charged through central Italy, freeing the Po Basin. Nicknamed "The 2nd Spanish March" , Schruder took his army of some 45,000 men from Verona, and charged along the coast of the Mediterranean until reaching Barcelona. From there he retreated as further campaigning in Spain would only server to deteriorate the the amicable relationship between the 2 nations.

Milan was forced to release Hesse. Munich and Ulm were incoporated into the Grand Republic and Austria also seized a poration of Northern Italy *the 2 provinces I had a mission on, which gave me cores*. Milan was also forced to recognize the independence of Parma and Modena.

Austria had also gained new allies out of the war. Venice, a one time target and source of envy *before acquiring 2 centers of trade from Bavaria and Hungary* was now considered a valuable ally due to its naval dominance.

With the leadership of the Holy Roman Empire humiliated, and Burgundy still in a regency, Austria turned its gaze northward...

Update 6 :

Austria : 1592

EU3_3-3.jpg

Following our Lord Protector's obvious decision to centralize Austrian possessions by incorporating the free cities of Munich and Ulm, war once again broke out. The Catholic devils from the west sought to ursurp Austria's rightful place in the sun, but it was an ill faded adventure.

Milan attacked Austria from its recently inhereted Hesse, only to lose those possessions too. Austrian armies then charged through central Italy, freeing the Po Basin. Nicknamed "The 2nd Spanish March" , Schruder took his army of some 45,000 men from Verona, and charged along the coast of the Mediterranean until reaching Barcelona. From there he retreated as further campaigning in Spain would only server to deteriorate the the amicable relationship between the 2 nations.

Milan was forced to release Hesse. Munich and Ulm were incoporated into the Grand Republic and Austria also seized a poration of Northern Italy *the 2 provinces I had a mission on, which gave me cores*. Milan was also forced to recognize the independence of Parma and Modena.

Austria had also gained new allies out of the war. Venice, a one time target and source of envy *before acquiring 2 centers of trade from Bavaria and Hungary* was now considered a valuable ally due to its naval dominance.

With the leadership of the Holy Roman Empire humiliated, and Burgundy still in a regency, Austria turned its gaze northward...

Whos the red in egypt?

I wanted to play a Middle Eastern nation for a change, and my eye fell on Karaman, the tiny country in southern Anatolia, that's usually waiting for the Ottomans to eat them...hehehe
2011-03-31_00001.jpg

I'm halfway through the 16th century, and I'm fully Westernised, with the 4th strongest army in the world (Mamluks and some Eastern nations outnumber me, but not by much, and I have twice their tech, so I won't count them). My biggest problem will be Austria, as their army is twice my size. Luckily, I have a long time vassal which I can annex at any given time (Hedjaz). I actually expected to be annexed by either the Mamluks or the Ottomans, especially when I saw the Ottomans had a mission to vassalize me, but they never got to it...their loss. Also, getting the Georgian provinces was a must for me, their gold province brings me enough income to gain money and keep my inflation in check.
EU3_MAP_KAR_154186_1.jpg

World map here. I haven't checked other games, but is it normal to have a completely empty America (no colonies, I mean) around this time? Also, mega Finland and Korea (used to be bigger, Oirat Horde declared independence). I won't show pie charts, because they're pretty embarrassing (religion one is messed up, but I never bother with religion in the first place, and most of my land in uncored)...

It's not unheard of, but definitely uncommon. Usually there's at least some colonization.

World map here. I haven't checked other games, but is it normal to have a completely empty America (no colonies, I mean) around this time?

I think it has something to do with starting out as a Sunni/shiite country or starting in a tech group other than western or oriental(eastern). In my game as Ottomans, america and africa etc was entirely untouched by major countries, Brabant was a big colonizer along with other small/medium nations that didn't historically colonize. In your game there doesn't seem to be a lot of minors in a position to colonize, if any.

I have seen it before in this thread as well as in other games. It might be a bug or in some way intended, though it seems like a bug.

Naxos, 1465:

ngq45v.jpg

The Ottoman Empire broke and I got their greek possesions.

Also of note is the massive Syria, The succesful Ukraine/Georgia, and the fact that Astrakhan has appeared.

World map here. I haven't checked other games, but is it normal to have a completely empty America (no colonies, I mean) around this time? Also, mega Finland and Korea (used to be bigger, Oirat Horde declared independence). I won't show pie charts, because they're pretty embarrassing (religion one is messed up, but I never bother with religion in the first place, and most of my land in uncored)...

Seems that Portugal and Castille were too busy fighting each other. During war, they won't colonise. Also if they bankrupt themselves due to many wars, they can't afford it. England and France might not have picked QftNW yet, and minors will only start colonizing once the map spreads, which depends on the game settings.

@Johan11: Nice Naxos! :cool:

My malacca > malaya merchant republic. wanted to play the game a little different so decided to make a trading and colonal empire in the east, apart from japan i own all COT in the east, going to take fars and humuz once persia is at peace with gondwanda, one thing i did find frustrating early game was i wasnt able to force religion in peace deals, i'm able to now not sure if it was due to govenment change, tech change, westernise, or country change. i did have a huge amount of vassals and alliance but when i westernised i couldnt aid alot in some wars so i lost them and some members of my trading league. i'm not sure where to go after taking these two COT from persia, apart from westernising a little more as scotland now holds aceh.

the game has been really interesting ming have collapssed twice, france was down to one provence i think then inherited burgundy that was very recent, not sure what happend there. sweden are just all over the place, they have places in india, both americas, africa, and the baltic. not sure what happend in england but when the map revealed them scotland and sweden were in control of most of it, wales had formed aswell as northumbria and cornwall. the timurids just reapeard which was alot of help for me as i was waiting to take the COT from persia and they were huge, controlled most of the land between egypt and india and i struggled to get a white peace from them in a previous war. india has seen pretty much constant warfare and i thought the punjap were going to create hindustan, even ceylon controlled half of india at one point.

Attachments

• EU3_MAP_MSA_1645.1.6_1.jpg
    EU3_MAP_MSA_1645.1.6_1.jpg
    444,3 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
@Junuxx: Thank you. I enjoy the game a lot. Especially considering I only took two of the territories in a war. Stole Morea from Byzantium (Which I annexed shortly after this picture was taken, and Athens, which I battled Venice for 14 years about. The long draw was mainly because I held Athens, and they held Naxos. I couldn't reach my own capital for ten years because of their fleet, until I managed to sneak a regiment through.

I also like the crazy Denmark that always pops up. This one has conquered Scotland, Brittany, The two Provencal territories next to Brittany, and inherited not only Norway, but Sweden as well, leading to an AI formed Scandinavia at 1450. Never seent that before for sure.

So here is my current game with the 30th March beta patch as the Ottomans!

The year is 1576, I have Crimea as a vassal and sold them the Horde land I settled, and I have Morocco, Deccan and Sind in personal unions. I only just finished clearing Africa from unworthy nations, and I am waiting to inherit Deccan and Sind before I conquer the Far East. So currently just having peace, which is nice too with rebels spawning everywhere, though I am trying to prepare an invasion of Europe (And dear lord that is messed up).

eu3maptur15763111.png

eu3maptur15763112.png

That's one whopper of a vassal.