• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The glorious Japanese empire, circa 1651:

EU3_MAP_JAP_1651.8.9_2.gif

Now fully westernised (+100 neighbour bonus is fun :) ). Started as the Minamoto, but they died out and the current Shogun is from the Takeda dynasty.

For fans of world maps:

EU3_MAP_JAP_1651.8.9_1.gif

I see you've decided to recreate the infamous Japanese conquest of Muscat

Might be my luck but it seems like Portuga sucks badly as of the last version. Same goes for Aragon. Anyone seen them prosper yet?

even in HTTT they tended to suck ... though Aragon often remained as a TPM in Barcelona and Balearics
at least maybe you don't see the infamous usual alliance ottomans-golden horde anymore ...

In my first DW game, Portugal isn't doing too badly, but Aragon is that precise TPM and England has collapsed, being almost totally occupied by Scotland and Castille!!

even in HTTT they tended to suck ... though Aragon often remained as a TPM in Barcelona and Balearics
at least maybe you don't see the infamous usual alliance ottomans-golden horde anymore ...

Hehe yeah... the dreaded "Ottomans have inherited Golden Horde" :D
In my current game, Aragon was annexed by Denmark :|

Might be my luck but it seems like Portuga sucks badly as of the last version. Same goes for Aragon. Anyone seen them prosper yet?

Currently they are working with Castille to dismantle the Ottoman Empire. Which is a shame, because I'm playing Byzantium, and that's my job :(

Byz, 1481

Just released Trebizond from GH vassalage, and now excepting from GH tribute :D

Portugal was doing okay but they supported Navarra against Castile. Castile is involved in a massive Trade War with England, southern France occupied by Castle, Asia Minor by England.

In my last game Scotland overran England, and France did well, this time England overan Scotland almost as normal.

Westernized Byzantium of 1525 with godlike Army tradition from taming the wilds ;)

*snip*

Early Strategy I used:
Declare war on Candar and Karaman straight off. Put 3 boats to block candar's armies from using boats, and the other 3 to Karaman. (Possibly killing on-transport Karaman soldiers also). Move the 3 units you have to attack Karaman, build more soldiers and ferry them over asap. Annex. Attack Candar. Annex.

Build more people and wait ottomans to kill their troops fighting the Timurids. At this point I had Wallachia as a ally, which proved a lifesaver, called them in and they happily captured the entire european part of the ottomans. I captured the entire asia part and took most of that, except the parts connected to the Timurids.

The hordes sure are nasty, I found myself giving them tribute several times early in the game, now I just batter them while capturing the land until I get drawn into some other war. Which means my army tradition tends to be 80-90% and my glorious leaders turn Timurids into mince-meat.
All that expansion at the expense of the hordes seems to have delayed the righteous reclaiming of Roman Europe.

Dude, how did the Qin take over China from the Ming?:eek: I am completely and utterly stupified!:wacko:

Ming collapsed into the smaller factions due to rebel problems, until they were left as a OPM in Nanjing (not sure what caused the collapse as I wasn't paying attention). Wu was fairly large until it ended up in a war with a South East Asian coalition and was then attacked by Qin and Manchu (possibly called in by alliance). Qin did fairly well out of that war and then annexed Wu in a later war.

All that expansion at the expense of the hordes seems to have delayed the righteous reclaiming of Roman Europe.

HAMLET

Do you not come your tardy son to chide,
That, lapsed in time and passion, lets go by
The important acting of your dread command? O, say!

GHOST

Do not forget: this visitation
Is but to whet thy almost blunted purpose.

Post your DW Empire

As there is a HTTT Empire thread, we need one for Divine Wind as well.

I would post one to start, but I always get annexed. So, who wants to be first?

Whoops, bummer....

Pay no attention to me at all....

My Dutch Kingdom. I'm really trying to colonize, but as Emperor I keep getting distracted by everyone else. Nevertheless I am currently the only one in the Carribean and Africa. Also, I am about to inherit Sweden. I have no idea what I need all that land for.

Nederland 1503.jpg

Nederland Diplo 1503.jpg