• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is going to happen, unless I build a few more embassies while vassalizing...

I got stuck in a long war (with Poland + allies, another with Sweden + allies and finally one with Milan and Austria and allies) so I was in war for about 7 years straight, lots of free non-core provinces I couldn't sell.

mos1481.gif

Muscovy 1481. Crazy Genoans are annoying the hell out of me.

Oh and the Ottomans' borders haven't change one bit, because Trebizond was first to occupy Erserum (and they can't afford to colonize it). Meaning that the Ottomans have a never-ending war with the Timurids, so they never try to expand elsewhere.

Last edited:
You should be able to upload directly, but save the file as a JPG first. :)

Is that Pommerania in Sweden?

Oh and the Ottomans' borders haven't change one bit, because Trebizond was first to occupy Erserum (and they can't afford to colonize it). Meaning that the Ottomans have a never-ending war with the Timurids, so they never try to expand elsewhere.

*penny drops*

No wonder! The same thing happened in my game, and I couldn't work out why they stayed at war with Timurids all the time. Trebizond got Erserum, but never colonised.

Uber Holstein :O

@ Wolfhashat Lucky you, I see several blobs to be handled, those could be rly interesting wars.

@ MrFinland - Why do you build church, and you have advisor slot free :p

Westernized Byzantium of 1525 with godlike Army tradition from taming the wilds ;)

EU3_5.jpg

Early Strategy I used:
Declare war on Candar and Karaman straight off. Put 3 boats to block candar's armies from using boats, and the other 3 to Karaman. (Possibly killing on-transport Karaman soldiers also). Move the 3 units you have to attack Karaman, build more soldiers and ferry them over asap. Annex. Attack Candar. Annex.

Build more people and wait ottomans to kill their troops fighting the Timurids. At this point I had Wallachia as a ally, which proved a lifesaver, called them in and they happily captured the entire european part of the ottomans. I captured the entire asia part and took most of that, except the parts connected to the Timurids.

The hordes sure are nasty, I found myself giving them tribute several times early in the game, now I just batter them while capturing the land until I get drawn into some other war. Which means my army tradition tends to be 80-90% and my glorious leaders turn Timurids into mince-meat.

I started as Vijayanagar
around 1584 (I don't remember exactly), I became Hindoustan.
In 20 years, I took back a lot of my cores. Those left are in Baluchistan and Persia, both having a land TL 3 above mine
hindoustan1505.th.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

EU3_MAP_KHM_1609.11.23_1.jpgEU3_41.jpg

My current DW Khmer game in 1609 (as it's a more interesting map than my Georgia one).

I've just fully Westernised (owned Suakin for a while so bordered Castille in Egypt) and survived a huge war with Qin (who own most of China). Ayutthaya is my vassal, and Pegu are my next target.

Europe doesn't appear to have done much - Great Britain keeps on collapsing to rebels, the HRE keeps changing hands, Castille have done their usual rampage across North Africa but stopped - possibly because they keep fighting France, who have done well considering it's post HTTT. My favourite oddity is Ireland being divided with the Pope holding the northern half and Venice holding the southern half. There was a huge Syrian Empire at one point that owned all Mamluk land & Tripoli, but it collapsed not too long ago.

Muscovy have steamrollered their way across the Golden Horde, a direct contrast to my other game in which they got eaten by Ryazan, leaving Novgorod to get periodically raided from the steppe.

hinduz.jpg

Originally I started this game just to play around, because I didn't want to start a serious game until after the first patch or so or risk save compatibility issues.

As you can see I abandoned that around the same time I decided to form Hindustan. Though unlike the other Hindustan players I've seen I'm not worrying about the Pakistan cores; frankly I'm happy with the shape of my borders in the area :p

I'm impressed, Mr. Perfectionist. :p

View attachment 30288View attachment 30289

My current DW Khmer game in 1609 (as it's a more interesting map than my Georgia one).

I've just fully Westernised (owned Suakin for a while so bordered Castille in Egypt) and survived a huge war with Qin (who own most of China). Ayutthaya is my vassal, and Pegu are my next target.

Europe doesn't appear to have done much - Great Britain keeps on collapsing to rebels, the HRE keeps changing hands, Castille have done their usual rampage across North Africa but stopped - possibly because they keep fighting France, who have done well considering it's post HTTT. My favourite oddity is Ireland being divided with the Pope holding the northern half and Venice holding the southern half. There was a huge Syrian Empire at one point that owned all Mamluk land & Tripoli, but it collapsed not too long ago.

Muscovy have steamrollered their way across the Golden Horde, a direct contrast to my other game in which they got eaten by Ryazan, leaving Novgorod to get periodically raided from the steppe.

Dude, how did the Qin take over China from the Ming?:eek: I am completely and utterly stupified!:wacko: