• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You have 16k in the bank, and there are probably tons of mercenaries available .. that and the 20k soldiers you have should be enough to vassalize something

No. I have two provinces. The only thing I can do is build buildings. My army is four times the forcelimit. I can support mor, but what's the point. There is really nothing I can do. I don't want to expand which I wouldn't be able to do anyway. Do you have any suggestions?

I don't want to become a colonial superpower either.

So basically you don't want to/can't do anything at all. Sounds like a fun game.

You could form italy for example.

Chip away at the Ottomans with the Holy War CB (if you can get a border) for some juicy non-overseas provinces and the Bosphorus Sound Toll modifier.

58076349b.jpg

- HRE ruler & Empire goverment.
- 19 allies (game is to easy with release states ally).
- 21 vassals (in HRE 17), game is to easy than every OPM is Maybe/Likely want be vassal.
- every big empire who threat me I participate to smaller states: Austria, France, Hungary, Spain (who eat almoust all Balkans).
- pass 4/8 Imperial Decisions.
- infamy from integration of Lithuania (before that I never pass 5-6 points).
- 36 units of cavalary part in 3 armies for 12 + good general = eat every army, even bigger ones.
- Normal in every options, game without "save&loading cheating".
- Game start in 1399 with 29 June Beta.

Note for later: Play only OPM because already in 1500 you have nothing to do. :(

And my mess map no one comment. :D

The simple answer for having too many allies is to forbid yourself from making countries release same-culture nations, e.g. France/Berry or Spain/Galicia.

If you have many allies by releasing them. You dont even must walk whole Europe to enemy. Only call you ally near. Such way I stop France bloob. First release few states, than France want to take lands back I call all of them against France and release rest nations. :p And if I already have ally, I try to vassalage him by diplo. Than I got vassal I disolve alliance with him and go forward to next one. :p

In such gamestyle, even low relation states have "trust utterly" with me. And no one dare to decleare war. :p Its quite sleepy, and if I continue this game I thing WC end before 1600. Because nothing to do really. Only vassalage and diplo-anex.

Last edited:
Exactly my point - don't force nations to release same-culture minors. It makes the game much harder when you have to fight a large Scandinavia, France or Spain.

But this is about that. Release minors, you are automatic with them in alliance. And its 100% posibility that they want to take it back, and you again beat them - other and other again untill they reduced to one-two provinces and lose all its cores. This give you total peace in Europe. I never declere war in that campaign, all was defence wars about what I expect that will be. :p Rest is just vassalization, and anexing. Many vassalage states in HRE give me pass every reform I want to unite it. :p

Then I don't understand. You claim that the game is far too easy because you can split off minors and then have the majors attack you over and over again, but then you ignore my suggestion on how to avoid that.

It seems to be post your Poland day, so I'll toss mine in the ring.

polandf.jpg

Still in a PU with Lithuania, just haven't inherited. Should do so next time my ruler dies, but that's what I thought last time. :p It's about time to get started colonizing the steppes! I have Prussia, Moldavia, Transylvania, Wallachia, Silesia, Madgeburg, Cologne, and Trier as vassals.

Had numerous run-ins with the emperor. First Bohemia, then Austria, Bohemia again, and finally Bavaria. Didn't ever really go well for them. My last war against Bavaria, I vassalized two electors and converted them to Protestant (which was founded in Poland.) I now have a tenuous grasp on the throne and will look to convert and vassalize a couple more electors in the near future.

Took advantage of being emperor to grab three more port provinces from Denmark, which sparked a large, continent wide war. I steamrolled Denmark and Naples, but couldn't match up to Scotland's naval power in order to get at them and Portugal.

The Horde had a golden opportunity to just walk all over an utterly defeated Sweden, but settled for peace just as they were done occupying Finland. Disappointing, since it would have funny to see the Horde dominating Scandinavia. Novgorod had the Horde walled off for a good long time with their tribute payments, but Sweden went and messed that up by conquering a path to the GH and bankrupting Novgorod.

Westernized about 20 years ago, but still using Oriental units. My heir has 8 ADM, though, which means he'll probably die in a hunting accident.

Nice job Scotland for making England an OPM! haha

And not a bit of help from me in that department! I've seen Scotland come close before, but they often collapse and let England recover. I did end up in a war with England when they down to London and a couple of Irish provinces. I got my revenge for them excommunicating me, for no particular reason aside from the fact that they could, by forcing them to give up all their cores.

My Alexandria AAR has ended, so I'll post part of the epilogue and final map here.

By the end of the 17th Century, Alexandria stood at the apex of power in the world. With the rich lands of Egypt and Greece firmly under its rule and control of valuable trade routes from the Orient it accumulated wealth far beyond the assorted nations of Europe. With this wealth it fielded enormous armies to patrol its vast territories and wage war against the other great powers of the era. With clever diplomacy it had assembled allies in Portugal and Muscowy that extended its reach even further and came close to encircling Europe in its sphere of influence.

In Europe, Bohemia and Burgundy continued to struggle for dominance over Germany while the Milanese Holy Roman Emperor tried desperately to hold onto power. These three would form the nucleus of European conflict for centuries. Spain had ended its focus on Europe after being expelled from Italy, but it remained a major player that was simply focused abroad for the moment. The English Republic was on the rise after years of being a minor power as it gained increasing wealth from its American colonies

Even outside of Western Europe, great powers rose. Muscowy continued its march east while absorbing the remaining Russian nations. Eventually it would be able to declare itself the true Russian nation and truly become a force to be reckoned with. Meanwhile the Kandeshi Empire continued to exist as a nation of contradictions. While it was filled with minorities that rose up at the slightest provocation, whenever European nations attempted to gain a foothold on the subcontinent it suddenly gained incredible unity as it drove them away. Already some people were starting the call the nation ‘India’ and as it continued to advance in order to keep out the foreigners it might one day become a great rival of Europe.

7B9Sx.png