• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Keep to proper forum netiquette -- don't quote huge posts. Also, this is a post your empire thread, not an AAR thread.

Keep to proper forum netiquette -- don't quote huge posts. Also, this is a post your empire thread, not an AAR thread.

Yes sir, I'm sorry sir.

My completed Avignon Game.
Mod is MiscMod.73
I reached all goals that i wanted to.
-Most of modern day France(Bar was vassal to Lorraine that was vassal to austria that was HRE).
-Colonial empire in America
-East Indies colonized/conqeured
-Colonized Oceania
Y10xX.jpg

Also had a XXI King!
wnKKv.jpg

Europe
Y10xX&wnKKv&KiLXxl&JXLfU
and Budget screen
JXLfU.jpg

South America and Government screen

North America and the troops screen
Th3EW.png

Mxm4X.png

World maps
Mxm4X
Roah7.gif

Animated History

Nice Avingnon!

By the way, how did you make this animated map?
EU3View, a mod in the mod section.
Also, wonder why Alsace owns half of castille?
I forceconverted them to cathar so rebels risen and they all defected to alsace because i was cathar and portugal reformed.
There weren't many of the orginal colonizers, Castille was half eaten, Portugal was very late back in the game.
And the hordes in NA preventend any european landing till USA kicked their asses.
Also might update with a animated religion map
6iSOk.gif

Animated Province Religions.
France and Burgundy moved to the new world though

Last edited:
My Swedish game so far Thursday 7, April 1483 with the ADO(Age of Discovery mod)

Nothing special but it is my first(ever) game where I am doing quite whell in the begining.
eu35w.jpg

I mostly whanted to post it to show how France just got crushed by Great Brittain, Aragon and Austria(also a cupple of small factions). And the resullt was Normandy and many other french vassal come to existance and many others being relesed as independant nations. It realy looks beutifull but I will not rest untill france is no more, and without france America might be a nice little suprise(altho it probably already is as this is my first atempt of the ADO mod).

33wmlpt.jpg

Just got EU3, and this my first real game (my first two were abandoned). Playing as Castille --> Spain, and the year is 1548. I've got historical lucky nations on because, well, I wanted it to be roughly historical.

But of course, lucky nations is never a guarantee. Lithuania and Poland ate up the Golden Horde like mad, thus leaving the "lucky" Muscowy an OPM for almost the entire game, which is kind of funny. :D Although, it's also a shame that from the looks of things, Russia will never form. In my previous two games, Muscowy stretched from the Baltic Sea almost all the way to Ming.

Incidentally, I'm using the Age of Discovery mod as well, which, for those of you who don't know, adds a lot of native nations to the New World (mostly hordes, some normal). It makes colonization so much more realistic, even if it does get tedious and frustrating sometimes, dealing with all those nationalist/patriot native rebels.

My goals are to colonize somewhat historically. I plan to own all of South America and modern Mexico by the end of the game. As you can see here, I own most of Brazil and the Yucatan peninsula:

2nb8s9d.jpg

Portugal is my vassal, and I'm pretty much just leaving them to their own devices, so long as they don't get in my way. I'm letting them colonize the West Indies, which I don't care about at all.

They're also a somewhat useful ally, considering the rest of Europe hates me, and I have no idea why. I have close to 0 infamy, but no other country will ally with me or even enter a royal marriage with me. The only countries I've ever antagonized are Portugal (to force vassalize them), Aragon (for obvious reasons) and France.

It's a funny story with France, actually. I guaranteed Navarra on day 1 to stop the French from meddling, but then when I was preoccupied in another war, the bastards ate Navarra and I didn't get called to war. I didn't even notice until it was too late. The only good that came of it was I later got one of those border dispute events which gave me a core on Navarra. Then for the longest time I was unable to take on Aragon because France warned me. Then one I day I checked the ledger to see who had the biggest armies, and France was at zero. That's right. Zero. No idea how it happened, but as soon as I saw that, I declared a reconquest war on them for Navarra, chucked 30,000 troops over the border, and managed to occupy 4 or 5 of their provinces before I saw French doomstacks emerging from the fog of war. So I was able to peace out for not only Navarra, but also a handsome 400 ducats. :cool:

The only real downside of the AoD mod is that the AI just isn't meant for it. Most of the time, the AI is too stupid to send troops to the New World before it colonizes, which means their colonies usually end up getting seized by the hordes almost immediately. Of course, I haven't seen that happen in this game yet. The only other real colonizer besides me and Portugal looks to be GB, who owns a lot of the West Indies, but I have yet to see them (or Portugal) establish a mainland colony at all.

Last edited:
@xShadowLordx

Ooo cant wait untill I sett out for the americas, will probably be a cupple of 100 years befor that tho as I am to buissy trying to secure myself so I dont have to fear invasion while im buissy colonizing. I am currently suporting(or trying) Curland and Danzig witch have rebbeled from the teutonics witch btw are down to 1 region.

Now just as @Cataclism say I belive it might have something to do with claming a throne(if you did). I myself have basicaly a royal marige with every russian faction(exept novgrod witch is a merchant republic) also a marrige with Cyprus(trying to capture and relese Jerusalem) also a marrige with Great Brittain(I almost ended upp in a union under them once tho :p) I gott one with mecklenburg and then I have one with every of my allies "Pommernia, Brandenburg, Holstein and recently I made an alliance with Curland becous they are at war with Teutonics(and as I mentioned I whant to suport the minor factions in the baltics)". That brings a total of 12 royal marriges so to sum it upp your diplomacy probably isent the besst, I gues you have to be swedish to be a great diplomat :p JK :)

And btw I am playing with no lucky nations, I go fair play all the way :)

Still your game looks quite fun, I especialy whant to folow the polish in your game looks like they might become quite a major power uless they fall apart :p

Well, in this game I started as Holland and I decidet to don't create the HRE (I like the Netherland's color xD). At 1459 I alreade form the Netherland nation.

000gu.jpg

And this is the final result:

001vdl.jpg

And don't forget to look at this!!

002xe.jpg

PU, there is a good point. I inherited during the game France, Great Britain and Denmark (with Sweden and Norway). If you can create a PU with these big nations (Castille/Spain too, but I did't inherit, damm it!), create an aliance and you'll have a really good friends for battles.

My Granadan "Roman Empire". Castille DOW'd Aragon at game start and I attacked and managed to take Cadiz in a peace deal before they could conquer me. Took advantage of Castille and Portugal fighting Morocco to take Andalucia and Cordoba. After that using the Holy War CB every 5 years eventually annexed Portugal, Castille, England, conquered Italy and then France. Converted everything to Muslim.
EU3_2-1.jpg

EU3_3-1.jpg

/begin comments on how "Roman borders" are not correct

So. Not finished yet, but this is the year of me 1471. Just formed Malaya as Makassar (BBB - Big Brown Blob) lower right. Infamy also reached 0.0 now and everything ist sunniized except for Prey Nokor. Since the sliders are already at the westernization marks I don't get any missionaries anymore (any idea how to counter that besides taking mecca, rome and judea?). Next part is to take rich provinces of champa and then westernize as soon as my trade tech reaches 7 and I can choose QFTNW (probably around 1510).

Notes:
-) Byzantine is still alive and has taken the whole of southern Greece and Cyprus.
-) Burgundy decided to add som fjords to its country and sliced some away from norway.
-) France is still blobbing, but in an interesting way.
-) Lithuania annexed Muscowy, leaving Novgorod the major power in the area (although much weaker than Muscowy would be)
-) Aragon is meeeeh... doing some weird expansion in Morocco

eu3mapmsa1471321.jpg