• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At the time I let go of them I was a bit pressured in a war against England and Castille, I could probably have kept them, but since I wanted to move my capital I thought why not. Turned out to be a good decision, increased my income by a huge margin.

At half a million ducats (and 38k a year) I could probably get a fair amount of mercenaries, and 5 magistrates a year would see my manpower increase relatively quickly. I'm not sure I can be bothered conquering Europe though, wouldn't make my empire stronger, since it's only tarrifs and I hate "microing", if there is such a thing in EU. It does still sound a bit tempting though and should I continue the game, I may just see how much I can conquer in the remaining time.

At least reclaim the ancient Portuguese land back lol

Well I've just recently finished a full Russia game 1451-1821. I picked the start date because it has many of the features of the 1453 one, but with an independent Byzantium.
I've played it on hard difficulty and it had been an absolute blast to play through. It was challenging all they way to the late 17th century, and after that it was still fun to finish the campaign. I've always wanted to play a achieving more than the end date borders with Russia, but I've always found myself bored rather early due to the easiness of the game after forming Russia, and never kept going to the end. Here however, I got a rather large Kazan stretching over most of GH territory almost to Ming, and I kept finding challenges and it was a great game, although I don't think I'll be playing any Russia Games soon, or even any eastern Europe ones.

Here are the pics:
1-1.jpg

I still have my original Rurikovich, and I have Byzantium and Hungary as my vassals. I've rebuilt Byzantium instead of expanding, to create a nice sort of Orthodox alliance.
BTW Byzantium's also Rurikovich dynasty. I always strive for this government form as monarchy, I was hoping to get a revolution, but it didn't happen at all to any country in my game.I'm rather pleased with that nevertheless.

2-1.jpg

Techs. I've westernized pretty quickly and almost painlessly. As you can I've mainly ignored trade and naval, and it hasn't bothered me too much.

3-1.jpg

Armies. I could've built almost 600K, but there was no need. I was still beating armies three times my size (Had one battle of 150K Burgundians against 50K Russians and won).

7.jpg

Religion. I was pretty keen on converting everybody before I westernized, but after the westernization, I was less able to do so because of the penalty. I figured It's pretty appropriate for a westernized modern nation not to force everybody to convert anyway. Create a nice pluralistic society :)

5-1.jpg

Culture. I've nicely spread my culture around with the Russian against Tatar cultural assimilation bonus. On western and central Europe not much has changed (Nothing interesting anyway).

6-1.jpg

America. Portugal got almost fully kicked out of Iberia but then went along to become the number one power for quite a long time. It later collapsed and lost much of it's power (have no idea why though, so lots of revolutionaries, but I don't know if american nations get american revolutions... Do they?).
Mexico is Swedish, Quebec is Burgundian, I don't remember what Colombia is, and Brazil appeared first on a couple of provinces in actual Brazil, them got conquered probably and appeared again in the tiny American islands. (West Indies?)
Chile is Austrian and is at the tip of South America.

And finally, the world:
EU3_MAP_RUS_1819111_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_RUS_1819111_2.jpg

Had a fun game, my second full game so far :D

little bonus for the end (Never actually did it in the game, it just looks really cool):
extra.jpg

I see you own Russia... and Miami. :D
In 1810 approximately I just saw that that province was completely empty. I just figured what the hell I should take it :D
Muslim wales? :D

During the game the Mamluks were for a long time a very strong nation, the most powerful muslims in the world. They conquered Danzig and Wales, I conquered Danzig and converted it, GB never managed to convert Wales.

would like to see if the colonial revolts become a real problem, but with 400k troops I doubt they will.

They won't ever be a problem for the player, especially consolidated as you are. The AI can have issues with them, but even a vaguely competent player won't have problems. They are annoying, but thankfully the last 50 years of the game go quickly.

The "Adjective Region" names occur when a country lacks a land connection between a group of provinces and its capital.
Except I think they're capital should be Stockholm, I don't think they have a better capital choice anyway.
BTW about capitals, when I started rebuilding Byzantium to it's state in the end of the game, Constantinople was a border province for most of the time, so the AI decided they should move their capital to Trebizond, and they left it there to the end.
Your world map is different. Where did you get it from?
As it has been answered, it is DAO lite, which works with all beta patches. It is truly an amazing mod, because it takes the ugly 2007 EU3 borders and turns them into borders which would make a 2011 game proud ;) highly recommend it.

Well I've just recently finished a full Russia game 1451-1821. I picked the start date because it has many of the features of the 1453 one, but with an independent Byzantium.
I've played it on hard difficulty and it had been an absolute blast to play through. It was challenging all they way to the late 17th century, and after that it was still fun to finish the campaign. I've always wanted to play a achieving more than the end date borders with Russia, but I've always found myself bored rather early due to the easiness of the game after forming Russia, and never kept going to the end. Here however, I got a rather large Kazan stretching over most of GH territory almost to Ming, and I kept finding challenges and it was a great game, although I don't think I'll be playing any Russia Games soon, or even any eastern Europe ones.

Here are the pics:
1-1.jpg

I still have my original Rurikovich, and I have Byzantium and Hungary as my vassals. I've rebuilt Byzantium instead of expanding, to create a nice sort of Orthodox alliance.
BTW Byzantium's also Rurikovich dynasty. I always strive for this government form as monarchy, I was hoping to get a revolution, but it didn't happen at all to any country in my game.I'm rather pleased with that nevertheless.

2-1.jpg

Techs. I've westernized pretty quickly and almost painlessly. As you can I've mainly ignored trade and naval, and it hasn't bothered me too much.

3-1.jpg

Armies. I could've built almost 600K, but there was no need. I was still beating armies three times my size (Had one battle of 150K Burgundians against 50K Russians and won).

7.jpg

Religion. I was pretty keen on converting everybody before I westernized, but after the westernization, I was less able to do so because of the penalty. I figured It's pretty appropriate for a westernized modern nation not to force everybody to convert anyway. Create a nice pluralistic society :)

5-1.jpg

Culture. I've nicely spread my culture around with the Russian against Tatar cultural assimilation bonus. On western and central Europe not much has changed (Nothing interesting anyway).

6-1.jpg

America. Portugal got almost fully kicked out of Iberia but then went along to become the number one power for quite a long time. It later collapsed and lost much of it's power (have no idea why though, so lots of revolutionaries, but I don't know if american nations get american revolutions... Do they?).
Mexico is Swedish, Quebec is Burgundian, I don't remember what Colombia is, and Brazil appeared first on a couple of provinces in actual Brazil, them got conquered probably and appeared again in the tiny American islands. (West Indies?)
Chile is Austrian and is at the tip of South America.

And finally, the world:
EU3_MAP_RUS_1819111_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_RUS_1819111_2.jpg

Had a fun game, my second full game so far :D

little bonus for the end (Never actually did it in the game, it just looks really cool):
extra.jpg

Sorry for anyone who has to scroll through this again but its worth it. Watch.

[video=youtube;NyiEaSzpdMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyiEaSzpdMk[/video]

Dancing Russians are happy. :D

Utterly not worth it. Please stop quoting massive posts like that.

My Scotland game in MiscMods Dark Continent:

DarkEurope.jpg

I mint all the way to 20% to pay for the colonisation of the UK and the defense of Rome. I inherit Muscovy and Aragon then colonise southern scandinavia. Muscovite area is rife with rebelion. I really should have just released them as a vassal. I annex Estland and vassalise Sameland to keep control over the area. A long and hard war is fought against scandistan and I go no further than Fyn. I dare not border the muslims to the south, all of whome out tech me by roughly 10 in each tech.

2011-05-25_00001.jpg

I have to expand somewhere so I wage war against the Golden Horde. To my shock they have guns while I still fight with pointy sticks. I'm forced to punch a hole through them as quickly as possible to force a peace deal. Magyaristan triumphs over the Ottomen and border me. They fight me with far superior numbers and weaponry forcing me to cede a few colonies for peace. After this, I bribe relations to max and we link arms in a friendship to last a lifetime. They remain defenders of the faith though, meaning I can't call them into aggressive wars. A defensive war against al alemand bags me the rest of Denmark. I clean the Muslims out of Italy. The weakened Ottomen make a delicious snack as I try to reach my Italian holdings.

2011-05-27_00001.jpg

After more than a decade of complete investment in land tech, I can now turn the tides on the Europen Muslims. I win a devistating victory over Al Alemand and comepletely surround them, a position from which they never recover. I show off the open end of my new rooty-tooty-point-and-shooties to the Golden Horde and Ottomen then carve out a road to Judea. In Spain, a mighty power has formed.

2011-05-27_00002.jpg

From this point on, there is to be no peace. God has willed that any Muslim in Europe is to be a dead muslim. The knife is twisted as it is plunged into Magyaristan's back.

2011-05-28_00001.jpg

2011-05-28_00002.jpg

Not bad work for 1,000 broken bodied men from the Western Isles.

Utterly not worth it. Please stop quoting massive posts like that.

My Scotland game in MiscMods Dark Continent:

DarkEurope.jpg

I mint all the way to 20% to pay for the colonisation of the UK and the defense of Rome. I inherit Muscovy and Aragon then colonise southern scandinavia. Muscovite area is rife with rebelion. I really should have just released them as a vassal. I annex Estland and vassalise Sameland to keep control over the area. A long and hard war is fought against scandistan and I go no further than Fyn. I dare not border the muslims to the south, all of whome out tech me by roughly 10 in each tech.

2011-05-25_00001.jpg

I have to expand somewhere so I wage war against the Golden Horde. To my shock they have guns while I still fight with pointy sticks. I'm forced to punch a hole through them as quickly as possible to force a peace deal. Magyaristan triumphs over the Ottomen and border me. They fight me with far superior numbers and weaponry forcing me to cede a few colonies for peace. After this, I bribe relations to max and we link arms in a friendship to last a lifetime. They remain defenders of the faith though, meaning I can't call them into aggressive wars. A defensive war against al alemand bags me the rest of Denmark. I clean the Muslims out of Italy. The weakened Ottomen make a delicious snack as I try to reach my Italian holdings.

2011-05-27_00001.jpg

After more than a decade of complete investment in land tech, I can now turn the tides on the Europen Muslims. I win a devistating victory over Al Alemand and comepletely surround them, a position from which they never recover. I show off the open end of my new rooty-tooty-point-and-shooties to the Golden Horde and Ottomen then carve out a road to Judea. In Spain, a mighty power has formed.

2011-05-27_00002.jpg

From this point on, there is to be no peace. God has willed that any Muslim in Europe is to be a dead muslim. The knife is twisted as it is plunged into Magyaristan's back.

2011-05-28_00001.jpg

2011-05-28_00002.jpg

Not bad work for 1,000 broken bodied men from the Western Isles.

Are you suuuure? :D