• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My first colonial game as The Teutonic Order has started kinda weird. I usually don't do too well with them as I end up being attacked by everyone early on. Be it Lithuania or Angry Denmark and his two stooges Sweden and Norway. I would say nemesis but Denmark isn't too strong in the smart area as it usually dows me frequently. Even with the removal of its core provinces. :p

My angst about the Evil Danes aside things didn't start as planned. I was going to just build up trade, get the New World Idea and colonise the Americas. Instead I epically failed while I tried to conquer Riga. Bohemia and The Hansa attacked me and from there it was a cascading alliance till I just rage quit. That said I learnt several things, the most interesting is that I am actually on fairly good relations with my neighbours. So next game I decided to see what would happen if I allied with all my neighbours and went against an early Novgorod. The war went better than I expected and this had led me to now.

EU3_4.jpg

EU3_MAP_TEU_1403725_1.jpg

Has anyone else gone along the colonise Russia root before as a German nation? I've got the form Germany decision waiting to be activated but will I also get a form Russia?

You'll only be able to form Russia if you adopt Russian as your primary culture. You could form Germany and then move your capital to a Russian province and do a culture-shift; then you could form Russia.

I believe so, yes. I know that other people have done some surprising culture shifts; one person managed to form Malaya as Castille. I've seen someone else form Russia as the Golden Horde.

You can't culture-shift as Germany, because it is a union state. The same goes for Italy, France, Spain, Scandinavia, Great Britain, Russia, Mongol Khanate, Byzantium, Persia. Also, the Papal States, Prussia, Japan, Manchu, Ming and the united Holy Roman Empire cannot culture shift.

Rajputana -> Hindustan through 1611.

Using the Mar 30 Beta Patch (Cores required to form Hindustan, expanding Hordes.)

hindustan1611world.jpg

hindustan1611empire.jpg

Owned all the provinces I needed to form Hindustan by 1410 and formed in 1460 as soon as I got the last core. Owned all of India except Kashmir (a Timurid vassal) within about 10 years, and was only missing the three odd cores deep in Timurid territory on what would be the eastern border of modern Iran.

I locked the Timurids into a low fixed-rate leave me the hell alone payment within days of them showing up on my border, and lucked out a bit when they took tribute from Sind instead of swallowing them up. Ending that tribute payment later on proved more problematic. I could only declare a no-CB war on them, regardless of what other legitimate CBs I should have had. Even declaring war on one of their vassals didn't work. My tribute payments kept right on going despite fighting a 10+ war against them (and a rather painful one as I didn't get the peace WE reduction.)

With my stability costs at nearly 2 years per point, I didn't end up declaring war on them until the 1520s, when I got an adviser event. I instead went and had some fun down in SE Asia. :p

This has to be the weirdest looking Europe ive ever seen, and i mean in way that stuff actually happened more or less like i wanted:

Those Crimea and Kazan are like the strongest countries in the world, in military numbers at least, cant wait to see what happens when Prussia attacks them. I ROFLed when i saw Tver appear in Moskva.

Oh and yeah, in this mod, France started with NO vassals, only Foix as an independent state, and as you can see it didnt blob much at all, there are actually still some cores i think from 1399. it hasnt recovered!

Last edited:
Its the Paradox Iceland, you can thank them XD And its not the only weird looking thing on the map tbh. Im just too lazy to move Ireland away from England, reduce Iceland, correct Libyan shore etc.

Part of previously posted GB game screen shot:

"This is madness!"
"This? This is CRIMEA!!!!!!!!"

Hahaha i might have *slightly* overpowered them rofl! 20% inflation, average revolt risk of 10ish and theyre still alive, cant wait for them to fall apart!!! I might even resume game as one of the Russian minors!

Are lucky nations on in that? Spain formed which I find odd.

But yeah last time I checked Ireland isn't touching England.

Im playing a mod where some nation forming decisions have more than one set of conditions in order to increase those nations forming rates. That Spain probably had a 9 DIP ruler, while owning most of Castille and at least some parts of Aragon and thus Spain formed. I always play with lucky nations off cuz imo it breaks game.

Part of previously posted GB game screen shot:

"This is madness!"
"This? This is CRIMEA!!!!!!!!"

Hahaha i might have *slightly* overpowered them rofl! 20% inflation, average revolt risk of 10ish and theyre still alive, cant wait for them to fall apart!!! I might even resume game as one of the Russian minors!

Im playing a mod where some nation forming decisions have more than one set of conditions in order to increase those nations forming rates. That Spain probably had a 9 DIP ruler, while owning most of Castille and at least some parts of Aragon and Thus Spain formed. I always play with lucky nations off cuz imo it breaks game.

HOLY BALLSACK.

You see, if the entire world has provinces about the same size, no nations can be overpowered! Its an equal free for all, give or take how the nations start out.

HOLY BALLSACK.

You see, if the entire world has provinces about the same size, no nations can be overpowered! Its an equal free for all, give or take how the nations start out.

If i added provinces of that or slightly bigger size to the entire world, game would slow down to a crawl :)

Theres also a problem of provinces looking ugly as hell, as you can see in that screen shot, but alas there is nothing i can do about that :(