• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
KLHnb.jpg

8f0he.jpg

My first successful Jerusalem game. The first 80 years consisted of being overrun by the Mamlukes every 5 years until Castille and Portugal, my allies, rode in to save the day and I would get a WP. Eventually, taking advantage of enough succession crises allowed me to get the upper hand. Nearly all of my provinces are now right-religion (Orthodox, for gits and shiggles), and I've also been playing around with culture shifting via Settlement policy. Have 4 running now, and 4 provinces already right culture (Catalan, again for laughs). Just Westernized, but need to wait for higher Centralization before doing the same for the military. Also an Admin Monarchy right now.

Need more advice for future... The more wacky the better. I'm divided on whether to:
1. Press East through Iraq and Persia
2. Take Turkey
3. Wait for military modernization, then head West and take on Europe (convert everyone to Orthodoxy?)
4. Go straight for India.

I recently used the Golden Horde to make Russia. There was a single province with Russia culture in Asia for me to change my capital to when the time came: Solikamsk. Heres both versions of the country. For some unfortunate reason, I lost all my vassals when I changed to Russia, and they declared war on me. Pity, cuz there were Islamic Poland, Bohemia, Pommerania, Wallachia, Translvania, Brandenburg, etc.
EU3_MAP_GOL_15111012_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_GOL_15111012_2.jpg

And the Steppe Nomads Islamic Russia:
EU3_MAP_RUS_15111013_1.jpg

EU3_MAP_RUS_15111013_2.jpg

Brilliant. I always wanted to do that, but then I thought it'd be too much of a pain to culture-switch.

EU3_57.jpg

Anyone want a challenge? This game is on random lucky nations, and I'm thinking the WAAAAGH (golden horde) got lucky. I was rolling along quite nicely as the Teutonic Order, using the horde's wars on lithuania/poland to eat up territory and slowly grow stronger, only to find that that was a deal with the devil. The waagh overcame lithuania completely, and said hello to me with their 200,000 strong army.

Yeah. Never trust the horde.

EU3_59.jpg

The situation has improved a bit, but the WAAAGH has been replaced by a more civilized, much more terrifying horde of the Austrian variety.

All-in-all, this game has been AMAZINGLY fun. I have struggled the entire time, with no allies, basically fighting by the skin of my teeth, surviving barely against the Golden Horde, then forming Prussia, and now I'm sitting on the German core cities waiting for cores to form. In the rest of the world, Majapuhit(sp) dominates SE asia, Japan has actually formed via AI Minamoto, and Austria's empire reaches all the way to Ming, who is also huge and expanding westward.

My German Empire, started as Brandenburg and formed Prussia. Formed Germany after annexing my vassals, went above my BB limit and a few attacked me, lucky me I had over 160 discipline and was 15 years ahead in land, and had the best generals (90% land tradition:D)
EU3_MAP_GER_1811.png

EU3_MAP_GER_1811.8.png
Scary Muscovy :p

Also, Ukraine is the emperor. And Algiers is the protector of the reformed faith.

EU3_59.jpg

The situation has improved a bit, but the WAAAGH has been replaced by a more civilized, much more terrifying horde of the Austrian variety.

All-in-all, this game has been AMAZINGLY fun. I have struggled the entire time, with no allies, basically fighting by the skin of my teeth, surviving barely against the Golden Horde, then forming Prussia, and now I'm sitting on the German core cities waiting for cores to form. In the rest of the world, Majapuhit(sp) dominates SE asia, Japan has actually formed via AI Minamoto, and Austria's empire reaches all the way to Ming, who is also huge and expanding westward.

OH GOD. Denmark can into space! ahahahaha xD

OH GOD. Denmark can into space! ahahahaha xD

Heh heh, yeah. It's 1666 now and they have actually conquered half of Ming China. They're HUGE.

Of course, Austria fell apart and is a weakling now, but Burgundy is tremendously strong, they have about a 400,000 strong army.

But it's all trivial now as I formed Germany, have 500,000 soldiers, and am as typically overpowered as Germany usually is. Time to declare war on the world.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My Holland emigration game! The year is 1517, I decided that Europe was to frightening for the dutch people and rushed for north america way before anyone else, took loans and forced my naval and trade tech up until I got long enough range to colonise. Got cores on Manhattan and 5 other colonies there around 1490. Then i moved my capital there.

Got into a epic war with Portugal and Castille a few years after the capital switch, im pretty sure it was the year 1500 exactly, Portugal had conquered all the indians in the south and i got a BIG deal of land after the 10 year war as you can see, BB in the roof though but is soon down to a reasonable level :) I peaced out with Castille and gave them some ducats and the province of Holland wich they took.

Ottomans is very strong, as is Austria, Denmark, Muscowy and Pommerania (!). Portugal doesen't have very much land but they got the third largest army in the world :O

And btw, look at India, there is NO real power there yet, just alot of minors, in all my games there is one that dominates early on.

Overall a pretty fun game but I got 2 rebel 2k stacks popping up in the america each month due to religion, but im almost 100% protestant now, got alot of protestant conversion events :)

Started a second game as England. Last time I dismantled France and made her British. This time I abandoned the continent and was going to go solely colonial...until this happened. I had spammed out a bunch of royal marriages and happened to hit one with the Hapsburgs early on. Their king about a year ago and it gave me a personal union. My king died just now and I inherited Austria.....not sure if I should release Austria or play continental again. Kind of throws a monkey wrench in my plans.

I had been planning a short crusade on Morocco (I'm papal controller and the current Crusade is about to expire) to hamper Castillian aggression in N. Africa, but now I just can't decide what to do with Austrian lands. I thought about a campaign to unite Italy under the British crown and vie for control of the Mediterranean, but that would lead me into conflict with France and knowing me, I'll probably end up trying to take over France again....I dunno, I might just release them and have a nice vassal in the area....but being part of the HRE it could get messy.....I just can't decide.

Interesting to note, my starting king just now died. Maybe I have had bad luck in the past, but he usually dies by 1410 and it's currently 1444. Kind of odd for me.

austria_inherited.JPG

Heh heh, yeah. It's 1666 now and they have actually conquered half of Ming China. They're HUGE.

Of course, Austria fell apart and is a weakling now, but Burgundy is tremendously strong, they have about a 400,000 strong army.

But it's all trivial now as I formed Germany, have 500,000 soldiers, and am as typically overpowered as Germany usually is. Time to declare war on the world.

Ally yourself with Denmark! It would be a real shame to see that mega-Denmark go down.

Ally yourself with Denmark! It would be a real shame to see that mega-Denmark go down.

Heh, actually, they crushed themselves under their own weight. Norway emerged victories and now holds the scandanavia cores, and Denmark is an ugly scattered mess.

This game is just very disappointing at end game. I now have all of Germany united, and all possible rivals to test my battle prowess have basically killed themselves. Burgundy took over the rest of France, then turned into France, then died for no reason due to revolts. Milan turned into Italy and did the same.

SIGH.

My Mamluks a hundred years from start. This was right after a war against the Ottomans and the Jallys that gave me what I've got in Anatolia.

2785A3DA0673E872ADAFF667864F418E48E068E3

After I recover, I'm going to work on the rest of Anatolia, kill off the Jalays, and then annex Mutapa because I'm really tired of them declaring war on me every time they think there's an opening (you can see our little standoff at my southern African border). Other than that, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm staying far away from Europe because I'm already getting schooled by the Ottos in war. They're only two Land techs ahead of me, but I can't beat them without overwhelming odds (ie. at least 2 to 1 in troops). I guess I'll head east.

I've also been rooting for Persia this whole game, even though they hate me.

I decided to play as Lan Xang in South East Asia. It proved to be quite a challenge when I found out that EVERY COUNTRY ON THE PENINSULA GO TO WAR WITH EACH OTHER 24/7 OH GOD. I spent a few years struggling for money but now i'm the economic powerhouse of the region, excluding Ming, and currently going toe to toe with Taungu (who used to be my greatest ally) every now and then over small scraps of land between and around us. Manchu has shown a silly amount of interest in the peninsula.

Decided to take a day or two break after playing the first 100 years. Current situation:
EU3_2.jpg

Also a map of the world, notice Britain is falling apart.

EU3_MAP_LXA_1499412_1.jpg

If you're curious, Britain consists of a 3 province Northumbria, England itself in only 4-5 provinces, Burgundy, Cornwall, Brittany, MOROCCO, Scotland and Norway.

Yes, that is a giant Lithuania.
Yes, Burgundy does own most of Sweden.
Yes, Aragon defeated Castille and controls Iberia for the most part.
Yes, Brittany owns a northern territory in Norway.

No, I have no idea what is going on :(