• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
English AI is a greedy bastard. They will often get beaten up and if their navy survived, then their toast. It would be more awesome for one of those minors for GB.

Yes, that is a giant Lithuania.
Not that weird. Something must have happened to Golden Horde.
Yes, Burgundy does own most of Sweden.
OK that is something.
Yes, Aragon defeated Castille and controls Iberia for the most part.
Hardly anything worth even mentioning. Portugal, Galicia (i can be wrong about her name) Granada and Aragorn are always up on each other throats. Even if one of them gain upper hand there, they will 90% of the time collapse. I have never seen Spain form without my influence.
Yes, Brittany owns a northern territory in Norway.
True, it is unusual.

English AI is a greedy bastard. They will often get beaten up and if their navy survived, then their toast. It would be more awesome for one of those minors for GB.

OK that is something.

Hardly anything worth even mentioning. Portugal, Galicia (i can be wrong about her name) Granada and Aragorn are always up on each other throats. Even if one of them gain upper hand there, they will 90% of the time collapse. I have never seen Spain form without my influence.

True, it is unusual.

You have to admit, even for Aragorn, one man defeating nations is pretty weird. :p

(hint: the country's name is Aragon)

OK that is something.

True, it is unusual.

Oh, I was just getting that stuff out of the way, hombre. A lot of people seem to ask when somebody posts a world map.

Gotta repost this now!

AragonAragorn.png

KopiaavEU3_MAP_FRA_155977_1.jpg

My french republic, year 1550. Nothing too fancy I guess, playing pretty aggressively but not breaking BB-limit (only gone into red BB twice). In my most recent war I forced Castille to release Maya, which I will grab for myself as soon as I lose some BB. Also stole Castille's colonies in Africa and Brazil.

I had 4 of my rulers excommunicated cus of annoying Italian alliances that involved papal states every time. I was planning on playing the pope's lapdog (got full narrowminded and serfdom sliders, and all 3 NI's that gives papal influence), but couldn't take the pain of excommunication one more time so decided to vassalise.

Some nice wars were going on during 1400s, mainly against HRE alliances. Bavaria was very swollen at one point, and I lost a war to them and their annoying vassals. Now I got about 10 times the income of 2nd nation and a fleet of over 100 big ships, army of about 150k. However, my extreme backwardness in tech keeps things interesting still. I'm a little bit afraid of Austria cus they got guns and I don't, and they are emperor as well, with army of 100k o_O

My goals are disbanding HRE, conquering British isles and Iberia, as well as owning whole Americas and Africa (and keeping them until end of game), all while remaining a blissfully ignorant catholic republic.

Some funny stuff has happened tho:

KopiaavEU3_MAP_FRA_155977_2.jpg

Lan Xang and Malacca are kings of east asia! They seem very stable for the moment and have cores on almost all of their possessions. I'm hoping Malacca will form Malaya.

Aragon controlled Morocco, Algiers and Tunisia long enough to get cores. Then England, Sicily and Portugal took all of it. "Sicilian Aragon", "English Aragon" and "Portugese Aragon" were all visible in north africa at one point.

Golden horde pushed all the way to Turkey, killing OE, and also gobbled Pommeria and Bohemia in HRE before they collapsed in early 1500s due to succession crisis and war with Austria.

Hindustan formed! No idea which nation formed it tho, but I'm guessing Vijayanagar.

Castille DoWed Inca but got attacked by Venice and England so they settled white peace with Inca. I think that's the first time I've ever seen the Conquistadors fail :p

Appart from current holdings, Venice also had most of Turkey and parts of Egypt but then I had to intervene. Most of the Turkish states are catholic. Southern orthodoxy was wiped off the map without any help from me.

Last edited:
21392106.png

Playing Miscmods, the Shattered Europe scenario. I'm a Crusading Naples, trying to build up my power before I unify Italy. A lot harder than I thought. I have a lot of use for the Holy War Casus Belli of course, but..So many powerful nations that hate me!

I've been menaced nearly all game by..Morocco! Moroccooo!I'm not sure if they get any buffs on their own in this scenario, or if it's just because Castille isn't messing with them, but they are a force to be reckoned with.

I've had terrible money problems all game, but some of my early conquests are finally coring and I think I'm starting to see the light of day.

As you may notice, The Timurids are very much intact, but thankfully they've been willing to white peace with me every time. The game might have went very different otherwise.

and AI Chinese-tech countries never colonize.

i KNEW this was true, it was bothering me for the longest time that i logged into Majahapit mid game(Europe was united so i switched over planning on switching back in hundred years to see how phayultastic the AI is.) and i noticed they had 5 colonists(btw how did they get these colonists?) and... WHY?!?!?! why does the AI do this? ive tagged to persia and somalia only to find they have colonists and empy provinces.... GRAWR!!!! this is ridculous, majahapit would defiently have conquered all of java if given the chance. same goes for sulawesi

Prussia1.jpg

This is my first real game in EU3 (and so of course in DW, too). I started in 1399 as the Teutonic Order and formed Prussia as soon as the reformation started (but i stayed catholic all the time). Now it's 1756 and i think i'll quit the campaign, because there simply aren't any goals left for me except maybe to slowly swallow my scandinavian vassals. I don't like going to war without a CB for roleplaying reasons and for the same reason i don't expand mindlessly in every direction. With controlling the entire baltic sea (except for Gotland which broke the alliance with me and is now anxiously sitting on its lonely, trade-embargoed island) i achieved the main goal i was heading for after i dropped my plan to form germany because of monster-Bohemia-emperor. They eventually collapsed and i took the chance and crushed them while they and their ally Austria were distracted by my former ally Bavaria. Then i immediately allied and vassalized Ukraine, which now separates "core"-Bohemia and the big-but-weak remains of Bohemian Asia. :)
Now i have the 2nd biggest landforce after HREmperor-Bavaria (i still have very good relations to them though, so no danger there) with just 2000 men less than them and the 4th biggest navy of the world. Nobody dared to declare war on me for ages and every war i started in the last 100 years or so i won, so it gets kinda boring now. And like i said, i don't have any real ambitions anymore, so i think i'll stop it here.

Here are the maps:
Prussia2.jpg

Prussia3.jpg

Prussia1.jpg

This is my first real game in EU3 (and so of course in DW, too). I started in 1399 as the Teutonic Order and formed Prussia as soon as the reformation started (but i stayed catholic all the time). Now it's 1756 and i think i'll quit the campaign, because there simply aren't any goals left for me except maybe to slowly swallow my scandinavian vassals. I don't like going to war without a CB for roleplaying reasons and for the same reason i don't expand mindlessly in every direction. With controlling the entire baltic sea (except for Gotland which broke the alliance with me and is now anxiously sitting on its lonely, trade-embargoed island) i achieved the main goal i was heading for after i dropped my plan to form germany because of monster-Bohemia-emperor. They eventually collapsed and i took the chance and crushed them while they and their ally Austria were distracted by my former ally Bavaria. Then i immediately allied and vassalized Ukraine, which now separates "core"-Bohemia and the big-but-weak remains of Bohemian Asia. :)
Now i have the 2nd biggest landforce after HREmperor-Bavaria (i still have very good relations to them though, so no danger there) with just 2000 men less than them and the 4th biggest navy of the world. Nobody dared to declare war on me for ages and every war i started in the last 100 years or so i won, so it gets kinda boring now. And like i said, i don't have any real ambitions anymore, so i think i'll stop it here.

Here are the maps:
Prussia2.jpg

Prussia3.jpg

i duno afte 350+ years, yuo should have a bigger empire quite honest...unless you play hard rules

What is that yellow in texas? Genoa?

Yes that's Genoa. And the white in Brazil is Austria, who was the #1 colonizing force some time ago.

i duno afte 350+ years, yuo should have a bigger empire quite honest...unless you play hard rules

As i said, it was my first game. And i didn't go for world conquest, more for roleplaying, and almost never started a war without a CB or when i felt it would be too dangerous. I mostly tried to secure the baltic sea and then eliminate the biggest threats on my borders. Also most of the time, everything from todays germany to the steppes in the east was monster-Bohemia, so i couldn't expand any further south or east. The western HRE nations were difficult because of the Emperor so i concentrated on Scandinavia and building up my economy. :)

Last edited:
That's impressive for a first game! :D
I didn't played TO in DW , but Poland-Lithuania-Muscowy alliances are really hard to beat ...

'Yuo' should learn to type before you start slinging random insults at people who are perfectly fine enjoying a game with no clear victory conditions, which can be played in any way you like.