• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's my Italian Empire. I decided early on to crusade my ass off, but then suddenly with the release of Jerusalem I decided to create some nice sized crusader states instead. After a while I got a little bored and started to "dismantle" and then "reassemble" Eastern Europe too. Western Europe and the Americas are a mess, but everything else looks pretty spiffy. And just for kicks, Egypt and Asia Minor are mostly Greek and the Holy Land and Greece are mostly Italian. I helped Russia out during the last 50 or 60 years so she could reach her full potential. My vassals are: The Netherlands, Brandenburg, Bohemia, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Lithuania, the Ukraine, Hungary, Croatia, Moldova, Bulgaria, Achaea in Greece, Trebizon in Asia Minor, Syria, the Kingdom of Jerusalem, Crete in Egypt, the Knights in North Africa, Georgia, Iraq, and Sharjah in Arabia. They're all Catholic.
ita1.jpg

EU3_1-2.jpg

ita2.jpg

In northen Russia, isn't there parts that can't be colonized? :p

Here's my Italian Empire. I decided early on to crusade my ass off, but then suddenly with the release of Jerusalem I decided to create some nice sized crusader states instead. After a while I got a little bored and started to "dismantle" and then "reassemble" Eastern Europe too. Western Europe and the Americas are a mess, but everything else looks pretty spiffy. And just for kicks, Egypt and Asia Minor are mostly Greek and the Holy Land and Greece are mostly Italian. I helped Russia out during the last 50 or 60 years so she could reach her full potential. My vassals are: The Netherlands, Brandenburg, Bohemia, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Lithuania, the Ukraine, Hungary, Croatia, Moldova, Bulgaria, Achaea in Greece, Trebizon in Asia Minor, Syria, the Kingdom of Jerusalem, Crete in Egypt, the Knights in North Africa, Georgia, Iraq, and Sharjah in Arabia. They're all Catholic.

Did you mod some AI settings to get such nice borders in Europe, or was this just luck?

He probably just released them as vassals then sold provinces as necessary. I did the same thing once in an Italy game, although on a much smaller scale. :D

I really enjoyed looking at all of the empires here, so I felt like sharing my own.

This one is from my first 'real' game, 'real' as in I felt like I had all the gameplay mechanics down so 3rd or 4th actual game. This one I started as Tuscany. Although you can't see it I'm in the middle of a massive war with my biggest rival, Great Britain. What frustrates me is that I have ALL of their American colonies and all of their non-British isles provinces occupied but since they have blockaded all of my ports my warscore is only like 37% or something and they won't let me have a single province. It's a pity but I got bored and moved on anyway. Year is 1722.

tuscany.png

This next one is Portugal. I like the pretty colonies I made in America and Africa, but it backfired since those Spanish colonies in Africa keep defecting to me, and Spain is just waiting to tear me a new one. I quit this game in 1706, right before Spain decides to go medieval on me.

portugal.png

In this game as the Netherlands, I learned it's best to limit your colonies to only one continent, as revolts from revolutionaries are exasperating when you have to check them world wide. Pretty fun though. Stopped just short of the end, 1813.

netherlands.png

This one I decided to change things up a bit. I played as the Cherokee and it's not as fun as you might think. The four powers in this game (France, Portugal, Great Britain, Prussia) declare war on me constantly, right when our truce is up. It got annoying defending my impenetrable Indian fortress all the time, so I quit in 1702.

cherokee.png

This next game as Germany was my favorite. Started as Teutonic Order, changed to Prussia, and then formed Germany. Funnest game overall, but I could never quite fully annex Bohemia as they took up pretty much all of Eastern Europe :'( Never even bothered colonizing on this one, Americas were just way too messy. Played this one to the very end to see what happened, but I wasn't too impressed lol.

germany.png

This next game is Russia. I just played this one to see how big I could really get.... but it got kinda boring. Quit in 1663.

russia.png

This one was kinda cool. I chose the Papal States and enacted the Kingdom of God decision... but it didn't really do anything. No name or color change kinda disappointed me, and I couldn't even form Italy, so quit this one 1484. Yeah I used cheats on this one I was bored

papalstates.png

Well thanks for reading and I hope I didn't type too much lol. I think I'm all done with DW I'm ready to move on to Victoria II.

eu3mapiro1739111.png
eu3mapiro1745141.png
Just started another war with Spain, trying to take the rest of their land in the Americas. Only after I declared war did I release how annoying that would be. Not only do I of course have to deal with the substantial Spanish forces, but...

I realized they were in a personal union, under a fairly powerful Bavaria. So now I also have to march forces half way through Europe, to fight a nation I have no interest in taking land from. Great.

An update, It went fine. One more war and they should be out. I'm not looking forward to the war with England, though. We've been allies since they first landed in America, they're likely the reason I survived. I don't wanna be a traitor. :( I wish they were peaceful ways to go about this.

Last edited:
The Old and New Worlds in the year of our Lord 1734, during the reign of Karl V Theodor von Habsburg, by the grace of God, Kaiser of Großösterreich, Archduke of Austria-Bohemia, King of Castille, Leon and Jerusalem, Prince of Novogorod, Count-Palatine of Sundau, Lord-Protector of the Holy See, Emperor of the Romans, Scourge of the Heretics, Defender of the Faith, and of his many territories over the seas, Emperor.

Attachments

• DW Austria-HRE 1734 known world.png
    DW Austria-HRE 1734 known world.png
    263,8 KB · Views: 234
  • DW Austria-HRE 1734 political.png
    DW Austria-HRE 1734 political.png
    187,4 KB · Views: 159
The Old and New Worlds in the year of our Lord 1734, during the reign of Karl V Theodor von Habsburg, by the grace of God, Kaiser of Großösterreich, Archduke of Austria-Bohemia, King of Castille, Leon and Jerusalem, Prince of Novogorod, Count-Palatine of Sundau, Lord-Protector of the Holy See, Emperor of the Romans, Scourge of the Heretics, Defender of the Faith, and of his many territories over the seas, Emperor.

The funny thing is, that sounds like a plausible Habsburg title to me =3 go go Habsburg Dominance~

The funny thing is, that sounds like a plausible Habsburg title to me =3 go go Habsburg Dominance~

Why, thank you, sir. I spent some time composing something that both sounded authentic and actually reflected my territorial acquisitions over time. :D

Where can I find this mod? :D

Try the EU III mod forum; you won't be able to miss it.

Hopefully this doesn't break the forum, I resized it a bit smaller.

ireaw.png

This is from Junuxx's Always War mod, tweaked a little. I did Connaught -> Ireland. It's only been 13 years, and Europe has consolidated quite a bit.

The blue in northern Germany is Mecklenburg, and Aquilea is the blue in the south.