• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Probably pan-nationalists. Taking any European posession of France, except the capital region, will result in a massive assimilation there (mostly emmigrating French, who get replaced by immigrating Germans).

So that's how you plan a seed for pan-nationalism in other countries...
I might want to take a look at that...

This is sort of my Greater Germany in the year 1917 which I've stopped playing because it takes about an hour to progress 6 months, I need a new computer basically.

zG3ASS8.jpg

Anyway, here is Europe. France & Britain attacked Austria to humiliate them, they lost most of their prestige and the nation went into revolts releasing most of their country (I have done some border cleaning) with that Austria became a Secondary Power, I put them into my Sphere of influence and I was a democracy by then, they asked to be included into my nation. I did release them later on to see what they would do, they reached Great Power again and sphered most of their original regions, another humiliation war started, no idea why these are happening and I put them back in their place in my nation, no revolts at all which has been nice.

------

OWWK6iZ.png

This is my German Empire, I'm pretty happy with it. I worked on industrialization until the Scramble for Africa, I was trying to follow the colonies the original empire had, but ditched it and claimed what I wanted. Took Namibia, Botswana and I got a justification on Transvaal so I annexed them and took Zulu later on when they revolted and the UK had lost their influence. I released Australia in the UKs settings because I wasn't going to bother killing my computer with a huge war with the UK, which happened later on anyway. I've just been taking bits slowly and no one has dared be allies with Australia, was going to take it all over before 1936 but eh. Took Korea early on since China was an easy target. Also took Taiwan which I take in basically every game I play, no matter the nation. I got Pogobi when I claimed Korea as German, Russia was a bit slow. Took Iraq at some point, can't remember. Colonized the Congo before the conference event which was lucky. Took over Liberia as well for the coffee and I took three bits of land, one from India, one from China & the other from Oman to complete my 100% production of every resource and product. Took Israel as well, I planned to release them in 1919 to see what they did. Same for Korea.

Took Falklands and Saint Helena to colonize parts of Africa I couldn't reach, didn't bother giving them back. I had a huge war with the UK which was to happen where they wanted the Falklands back, I fought them pretty hard and was lucky to get the North West of England which rebels occasionally but my tanks seem to have no issue taking them out, they're about 25% German now and the war was in 1907. Most of my colonies are states with the exception of Taiwan, Iraq and a couple of other places, can't remember. Taiwan is at 92% bureaucrats so I was nearly there.

-------

yActUNq.png

Ok, start with the Americas. I sphered the CSA early on and was lucky to fight alongside them against the Americans, they are still doing quite well today, however on checking them, they'd passed Slavery as illegal, don't get it much anymore. I fought Spain to release Cuba and it's now under my control. USCA is still around and holding strong, surprising. South America, I haven't had any influence there, kinda left it alone, no reason to fight there.

Africa, I sphered Algeria early on and I took the regions that make their modern day borders so I changed their owner and gave it to them. Italy & the UK tried to take some stuff but the Ottomans and Portugal had more success which I found surprising.

Asia, India seems pretty stable not much to talk about there. It's all pretty quiet, not many rebels, I sphered most of the nations. Brunei, Dai Nam, Cambodia, Siam, Jodore early on (and I fixed their borders). China westernized pretty late about 1890 but was put into Great Power as soon as it did, bloody huge army. Thought about tagging into them and giving them every research and 1 Billion goods but it'd probably crash my game.

That's about it, had a really fun time playing it and wish I could finish it, I'll keep the save, maybe I'll get a better computer in the future.

... wait one cotton-picking minute. How can you have all of continental France, Spain and Portugal but they all still exist where their colonies were? This looks suspicious.

You forgot to list the netherlands, denmark, the ottomans and russia. I removed the line wich excluded capital states from the aquire state cb.

Probably pan-nationalists. Taking any European posession of France, except the capital region, will result in a massive assimilation there (mostly emmigrating French, who get replaced by immigrating Germans).

I didn't know either that was possible. Like mentioned above, I just commented out one line in common/cb_types.txt

Last edited:
You forgot to list the netherlands, denmark, the ottomans and russia. I removed the line wich excluded capital states from the aquire state cb.

I didn't know either that was possible. Like mentioned above, I just commented out one line in common/cb_types.txt

Just out of curiosity, when you do this does it then move the capital for that country when you conquer it, or does it just go without?

It gets a new capital. For example: Frances capital became the small island south of New Fundland, the dutch capital is accre, denmarks capital is in greenland and the only f***ing reason why I took cyprus (only part of Germany not in europe) is to prevent the ottomans to make nikosia their capital. I have no idea how the game decides which province gets to be the new capital, but it doesn't seem to make much sense.

Don't the Ottomans automatically move their capital to Ankara if you get take everything around Istanbul? Or did you take all their European holdings in one war?

Don't the Ottomans automatically move their capital to Ankara if you get take everything around Istanbul? Or did you take all their European holdings in one war?

In two wars, but Istanbul wasn't isolated after the first. The first war was mainly to free their satellites, but that doesn't mean the ottoman states weren't appreciated.

It gets a new capital. For example: Frances capital became the small island south of New Fundland, the dutch capital is accre, denmarks capital is in greenland and the only f***ing reason why I took cyprus (only part of Germany not in europe) is to prevent the ottomans to make nikosia their capital. I have no idea how the game decides which province gets to be the new capital, but it doesn't seem to make much sense.
Lowest numbered province I think.

It's still early days in my USA game, but I had what's probably the best start ever.

Day one, I make an alliance with four out of the seven GPs. I cancel the colony in Oregon, and take BC instead, then build all the armies I can. Unexpectedly, within a year, UK attacks Spain for Luzon.

I'm allied with Spain, so they call me in, but unfortunately I don't become war leader despite being stronger, or I would have called in Austria, Russia, and Prussia to join the fun. Crucially, Spain is one of those countries that actually has a navy at the start of the game, so they tie up UK's fleets and even manage a victory here and there.

I overrun Canada because the UK simply wasn't prepared for me, and I cook up a war justification to take British Alberta. Some time after that, a random event fires giving me a free Place in the Sun CB on the UK, so I add British Saskatchewan, too. I want British British Columbia (haha, it's the BBC!) but it's far too expensive. I later add the demand to take the core on the last bit of New England from them.

UK won't agree to all three of those demands despite having the whole of Canada and their Caribbean and South American colonies occupied and being about 20 warscore down, but after that I couldn't get out of the Americas as my navy was just too weak. Unexpectedly, this happened.

USA00010_zps77564267.png

This totally made my day. Spain's AI refused to peace out with the UK until it had enough warscore to enforce all my demands. Best start, ever!

Right now, I'm past the 1880s. The Southern Rebellion was over in under a year, a minor footnote to a war I was having with another GP at the time. I'm currently planning a war to destroy the UK, who is still no. 1; my armies and the remainder of my ironclads are currently parked in independent Munster I freed earlier, waiting to sweep over the mainland, and while the UK has GP allies and loads of armies in India the fact that I'm the only country with proper cruiser fleets will prevent them from taking advantage of their numbers.

I'm pretty certain I'll win if I can overrun the British Isles, which along with their remaining American territories, possibly NZ, and score from battles should give me over 50 warscore, but what should I demand from them to ruin them forever? I'm thinking of freeing the rest of Ireland, then Scotland, since Humiliate won't knock them out of 2nd place in prestige, while Cut Down to Size will still leave them with enough armies to fight off rebels.

I'm not afraid of breaking the BB limit now, as long as I only do so just before I demand peace so I can prepare for the inevitable containment war from the remaining GPs. Any advice on the best way to destroy them for good?

You weren't promoted to warleader because they had a higher military score than you... it doesn't go by overall ranking.

An update to my current game as Ireland. Just won a war with the Ottomans. My plan was to ignore them, but they dow'd me and it suddenly occurred that this could be the perfect time to test the true strength of the Irish Empire. I called all my spherelings in and within a year all of the Ottoman Empire was occupied. Among my sphere was Norway, Sweden, Dai Nam, Russia, Mexico, Ha'Il, Persia, Siam, Japan and Kokland. The Ottoman total war value was 189. Mine was 1287. Several intresting things happened, Sweden demanded all of Tripoli, Persia demand most of Iraq. (For nice borders I gave them the rest of it.). France and UK tag teamed China to the point of being one of the worst China's I've ever seen. Currently working on sphereing what remains and go after Egypt to build the Suez.

V2_MAP_IRE_1895_zpsbb5120ab.png

v2_2_zpsb30f205f.png

v2_1_zpsbae8fab1.png

IrishSOI_zps87673cce.png

(PDM mod, v. 1.3:)

Just finished my first Vicky II game (first time getting completely to 1936): played as Kingdom of America (I turned USA absolute monarchy for most of the game after, like, 184? in my great war with Britain, France, CSA, and Mexico, which I won, miraculously). My empire was massive: by 1936, I had all of north America (plus the Caribbean and Central America), Central Africa+Egypt (basically all of Africa but South Africa and the far Northwest), Northeast Asia (Korea and Manchuria) and Southeast Asia (plus Dutch Indonesia). Total population was 950 million (a surprising amount of which were Yankees, and an even more surprising sum lived in the continental "US", basically all of North America), 1600+ brigades, and 95% literacy. #1 in all categories. My sphere includes Ottoman Empire, Greece, most of South America, and some random minors across the globe.

Throughout the game, I had been using my military power to keep the world conservative: I propped up monarchies and democracies in wars (and bourgeois dictatorships, to some degree... occasionally fascists). I tried to keep a balance of power in Europe (which failed miserably, because war subsidies do nothing: Spain was eaten by France, turned Fascist... NGF got huge. Austria was Balkanized and turned Fascist. SGF was fascist). This meant I kept invading with cut down to size little proletariat states (I wiped out the Balkans, including Greece, to make them return to the right. Ottomans briefly went prole, and I got the right mad enough during my invasion to install the Sultan again. Communist Italy lasted a while before I decided to invade in the 1920s and turn them reactionary... but they got taken over by fascists).

In the last year of the game, I invaded Panjab to defend Sindh, which was in my sphere and conquered by Panjab. I established a status quo and cut down to size casus belli and, after having been at war more or less constantly for the last 10 years, my war exhaustion got so high that, in December of '35, I turned into a bourgeois dictatorship (Empire of Liberty!). I still stomped on Panjab, which was trying to become Central Asia's hegemon (Iran had been eaten by my spherelings, Turk and Afghan... I kept a tightly knit circle of Central Asian American spherelings in power there).

I could see myself gearing up for war against Japan in the next few years, if the game allowed me more time to play (I decided not to invade China for moar land in the late 1920s in order to focus on the Dutch, even though I probably had the forces to take on both, just because I didn't want huge war exhaustion). China's in Japan's sphere (and I want China in mine), and Japan's communist. I was planning an invasion in the 1920s anyway but I didn't go through with it. As for other competing hegemons, Italy's no longer a threat, Russia and I don't really have competing interests, I /could/ fight the UK for India and Southeast Asia (I might even want Australia or South Africa, just for fun), but there's no real reason for me to do so. NGF is in an entirely different political sphere and I don't tango with them.

All in all, it was a good game. For some reason (and i've tried every way to get screenshots), screenshots just won't save to their relevant folder. With the exception of Spain/France (France controlled northern Spain, with the exception of an isolated province in the far northwest) and Austria (Hungary seceded, Croatia seceded, Bosnia seceded... and in no particular ordered way either), the map was pretty, mostly because it was unified under an American banner. Brazil got kinda screwed up (they were the only SA nation not in my sphere, and the others - particularly Columbia, Chile, and Argentina - at them. They had a prole revolution, and I used my sphereling's wars as an excuse to invade them and cut them down to size. They turned democratic afterward, and I forced them to release the Equadorian Confederation and Bahia).

Ended up WELL above the infamy limit: didn't check, but it was really high. But I roleplayed too: I didn't just try to maximize my power.

Second game as Prussia ---> German Empire, Rather pleased, only needed one war against Austria and I got them down to rank 100-ish, sphered them, quick war with France and BAM! German Empire open for business.

germanempirewithaustria.png

Never realised that Austrian literacy was so bad, was about 75%ish as NGF. I think I'll go for the Russains now, get those eastern borders neat