• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Albanians

Tunch Khan said:
serbia_sunni.csv

940;Serb;Sunni;farmers;;;;20
941;Serb;Sunni;farmers;;;;20

serbia_bulgarian.csv

940;Bulgarian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;8
941;Bulgarian;Orthodox;farmers;;;;20

serbia_jewish.csv

930;Serb;Jewish;clerks;;;;1

Please delete the sebia_albanian.csv file and replace it with serbia_sunni.csv

I have made some corrections to the above files with regard to the nice link provided by Mishko here
Although it does not provide information about the ethnic divisions in 1834, i assume there were still some Bulgarians represented under Orthodox entry.
Still, i reduced their number from 60 to 28. I hope this will be a more fair representation.

Can you provide a proper explanation as to why you removed the Albanian .csv?

Uruguayan New Setup, this is a replacement for the previously posted here.

VIP_URU.csv

Province;Nationality;Religion;Workforce;Ideology;Consciousness;Militancy;Size
2650;Spanish;Catholic;farmers;liberal;;;5
2650;African_Minor;Pagan;slaves;;;;1
2651;Spanish;Catholic;aristocrats;;;;1
2651;Spanish;Catholic;officers;;;;1
2651;Spanish;Catholic;clergymen;;;;1
2651;Spanish;Catholic;soldiers;;;;2
2651;Spanish;Catholic;farmers;liberal;;;5
2651;Spanish;Catholic;farmers;liberal;;;2
2651;African_Minor;Pagan;slaves;;;;1
2652;Spanish;Catholic;farmers;liberal;;;5
2652;African_Minor;Pagan;slaves;;;;1

Please, Halibut, make sure to include in URU.inc and BRZ.inc
Code:
slaves = yes

BTW, I inserted the liberal ideology in the farmers, however it is currently bugged in vicky 1.02. :(

Changes in paraguay.inc
Code:
	culture = { 
		type = spanish
		type = guarani
	}
	slaves = yes

Paraguay

VIP_PRG_African_Minor.csv
2427;African_Minor;Pagan;slaves;;;;15

VIP_PRG_Guarani_Catholic.csv
2425;Guarani;Catholic;farmers;;;;5
2426;Guarani;Catholic;soldiers;;;;5
2426;Guarani;Catholic;farmers;;;;15
2426;Guarani;Catholic;farmers;;;;15
2427;Guarani;Catholic;clergymen;;;;5
2427;Guarani;Catholic;soldiers;;;;10
2427;Guarani;Catholic;farmers;;;;25
2427;Guarani;Catholic;farmers;;;;25
2428;Guarani;Catholic;farmers;;;;2
2429;Guarani;Catholic;farmers;;;;2
2430;Guarani;Catholic;farmers;;;;2
2436;Guarani;Catholic;farmers;;;;2

VIP_PRG_Guarani_Pagan.csv
2425;Guarani;Pagan;farmers;;;;2
2426;Guarani;Pagan;farmers;;;;2
2427;Guarani;Pagan;farmers;;;;5
2428;Guarani;Pagan;farmers;;;;5
2429;Guarani;Pagan;farmers;;;;5
2430;Guarani;Pagan;farmers;;;;2
2436;Guarani;Pagan;farmers;;;;10

VIP_PRG_Spanish.csv
2425;Spanish;Catholic;farmers;;;;5
2426;Spanish;Catholic;farmers;;;;5
2427;Spanish;Catholic;aristocrats;;;;5
2427;Spanish;Catholic;officers;;;;5
2427;Spanish;Catholic;clergymen;;;;5
2427;Spanish;Catholic;soldiers;;;;5
2427;Spanish;Catholic;farmers;;;;10

French Guyana

Pimparel hopefully can confirm this, but IMHO there is a mixup between Cayenne and Pahhora regarding POP's. To my knowledge, Cayenne was (and is) the biggest/most important city/province in French Guyana.

Because of this I have swaped the POP's in this to provinces. (The two other files doesent matter because the POP' are equal)

guyana_french.csv:

2117;French;Catholic;farmers;;;;3
2099;French;Catholic;aristocrats;;;;1
2099;French;Catholic;clergymen;;;;1
2099;French;Catholic;farmers;;;;4
2124;French;Catholic;farmers;;;;2
2099;French;Catholic;farmers;;;;2

guyana_slaves.csv:

2117;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;4
2113;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;8
2114;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;8
2115;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;8
2116;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;8
2099;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;3
2124;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;4
0;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;7

Norway

Done some small chages in northern Norway. Added the native population and som Finish immigrants.

There should also be native POP's in northern Sweden and Finnland, but I dont have any numbers.

finnmark.csv:

63;Norwegian;Protestant;farmers;;;;14
78;Norwegian;Protestant;labourers;;;;4
78;Uralic;Pagan;labourers;;;;4
78;Finnish;Protestant;labourers;;;;1

Last edited:
Dagfinn said:
Pimparel hopefully can confirm this, but IMHO there is a mixup between Cayenne and Pahhora regarding POP's. To my knowledge, Cayenne was (and is) the biggest/most important city/province in French Guyana.

Because of this I have swaped the POP's in this to provinces. (The two other files doesent matter because the POP' are equal)

guyana_french.csv:

2117;French;Catholic;farmers;;;;3
2099;French;Catholic;aristocrats;;;;1
2099;French;Catholic;clergymen;;;;1
2099;French;Catholic;farmers;;;;4
2124;French;Catholic;farmers;;;;2
2099;French;Catholic;farmers;;;;2

guyana_slaves.csv:

2117;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;4
2113;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;8
2114;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;8
2115;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;8
2116;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;8
2099;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;3
2124;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;4
0;African_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;7

Yep. I am pretty sure Cayenne was and is the most important city/region in French Guiana.

BBy the way, there were/are some native population in French Guiana too. (In pprovince of Pahora, mostly).

Maybe you should add/edit to make sure that some few thousands Caribbean (Is there this ethnicity in Victoria ?) people live in Cayenne (as in real life) and some thousads of Amazonians in Pahora. They should be around 6-10% of the population.

show_map.asp

Dagfinn said:
Done some small chages in northern Norway. Added the native population and som Finish immigrants.

There should also be native POP's in northern Sweden and Finnland, but I dont have any numbers.

finnmark.csv:

63;Norwegian;Protestant;farmers;;;;12
63;Norwegian;Protestant;farmers;;;;2
78;Norwegian;Protestant;labourers;;;;4
78;Uralic;Pagan;labourers;;;;4
78;Finnish;Protestant;labourers;;;;1

You would know better than I, but I *highly* doubt the Saami were still pagan by this time period. Had some pagan traditions, sure, but still pagan?

eschaton said:
You would know better than I, but I *highly* doubt the Saami were still pagan by this time period. Had some pagan traditions, sure, but still pagan?

Pagan they were, at least in general.

Dagfinn:

You have two Norwegian protestant farmer pops in one province, why not make just one big one?

PMLF said:
Yep. I am pretty sure Cayenne was and is the most important city/region in French Guiana.

BBy the way, there were/are some native population in French Guiana too. (In pprovince of Pahora, mostly).

Maybe you should add/edit to make sure that some few thousands Caribbean (Is there this ethnicity in Victoria ?) people live in Cayenne (as in real life) and some thousads of Amazonians in Pahora. They should be around 6-10% of the population.

show_map.asp

The natives are in two other files that needed no alterations.

Grosshaus said:
Pagan they were, at least in general.

Dagfinn:

You have two Norwegian protestant farmer pops in one province, why not make just one big one?

I will edit it, but originaly it was like that. My policy is to alter just what is absolutley needed... :)

Andaman Island

See this thread

bengal.csv

1913;Bengali;Sunni;clerks;;;;7
1913;Bengali;Sunni;soldiers;;;;23
1913;Bengali;Sunni;farmers;;;;554
1913;Bengali;Sunni;labourers;;;;158
1967;Bengali;Sunni;clerks;;;;7
1967;Bengali;Sunni;soldiers;;;;23
1967;Bengali;Sunni;farmers;;;;554
1967;Bengali;Sunni;labourers;;;;158
1968;Bengali;Sunni;aristocrats;;;;211
1968;Bengali;Sunni;officers;;;;52
1968;Bengali;Sunni;clergymen;;;;52
1968;Bengali;Sunni;clerks;;;;13
1968;Bengali;Sunni;soldiers;;;;39
1968;Bengali;Sunni;farmers;;;;923
1968;Bengali;Sunni;labourers;;;;263
1969;Bengali;Sunni;clerks;;;;7
1969;Bengali;Sunni;soldiers;;;;23
1969;Bengali;Sunni;farmers;;;;554
1969;Bengali;Sunni;labourers;;;;158
1989;Asian_Minor;Pagan;farmers;;;;2
1990;Bengali;Sunni;clerks;;;;7
1990;Bengali;Sunni;soldiers;;;;23
1990;Bengali;Sunni;farmers;;;;554
1990;Bengali;Sunni;labourers;;;;158
1968;Bengali;Sunni;farmers;;;;15

Oswald Moseley said:
Can you provide a proper explanation as to why you removed the Albanian .csv?

My sources on Ottoman population statistics, on Nish and Novi Pazar in particular are not based on ethnicity but on religion. Therefore i lack the source to properly identify the population of the given two regions. I would be more than happy to revise the POP files if someone can provide additional data. Unfortunately my POP files for these regions have been contested by Serbians, Bulgarians, Albanians and Bosnians, however, i'm afraid none has a clear and spesific data on the ethnic distribution of the region. As i said earlier, i'm looking forward to hear from someone who has a better, clearer and non-biased source on the issue.
Cheers,
Tunch

Hallibut,

A small update and rebalancing for Brazil (and Piratini Republic), Paraguay and Uruguay.

The link is HERE.

Remember all files started by VIP_*.csv are replacing the original files.

Zero population in Paysandu

Thanks to Halibutt and everyone else who helped to create this mod.
I just installed it and tried it out. Playing as Brazil, I noticed a problem. There is zero population in Paysandu, Uruguay. No pops, nothing in the RGO. I compared the original uruguay.csv with the new one, and I couldn't find any difference. Uruguay's provinces are 2650, 2651 and 2652, and I couldn't find anything missing in province.csv either.
I know it's not a very important province, but if Pimparel or whoever modded South America could tell me what is wrong and which file I should be looking at, I'd appreciate it.

jezuskryst said:
Thanks to Halibutt and everyone else who helped to create this mod.
I just installed it and tried it out. Playing as Brazil, I noticed a problem. There is zero population in Paysandu, Uruguay. No pops, nothing in the RGO. I compared the original uruguay.csv with the new one, and I couldn't find any difference. Uruguay's provinces are 2650, 2651 and 2652, and I couldn't find anything missing in province.csv either.
I know it's not a very important province, but if Pimparel or whoever modded South America could tell me what is wrong and which file I should be looking at, I'd appreciate it.

Open the Uruguay file. And after the last entrie hit <Enter>, the POP files should always finish in an empty line, or if you dl from the link in my post above you should get the file corrected.

Hallibut, make sure that ALL files ends in an empty line.

Last edited:
pimparel said:
Open the Uruguay file. And after the last entrie hit <Enter>, the POP files should always finish in an empty line, or if you dl from the link in my post above you should get the file corrected.

Hallibut, make sure that ALL files ends in an empty line.

Thanks, but which Uruguay file, in which folder? I have downloaded your South America mod and looked at it, but I don't see the difference. I think I am looking at the wrong file. I don't want to install the entire mod because I have edited several of the other text files and I want to keep the changes.
I have edited files based upon the VIP North America mod, and installed the economy mod and Halibutt's POP mod which incorporates your South America mod.

jezuskryst said:
Thanks, but which Uruguay file, in which folder? I have downloaded your South America mod and looked at it, but I don't see the difference. I think I am looking at the wrong file. I don't want to install the entire mod because I have edited several of the other text files and I want to keep the changes.
I have edited files based upon the VIP North America mod, and installed the economy mod and Halibutt's POP mod which incorporates your South America mod.

Well the pops in my mod are the same as hallibut, but as I posted them here, he may have copied without the final <enter>.

But if you want. just rename my pop file as the used in halibutt's

Ctd

I decided to install the full VIP South America Mod, because I couldn't find out what was causing Paysandu to have zero population. The installation has caused Victoria to CTD. I assume the mod has been tested so CTD shouldn't be happening, so I will explain exactly what I did during the installation, so you can tell me what I did wrong, and how to solve the problem.

I unzipped the .rar package into a new folder, C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Victoria\VIP South America . Then, I unzipped the .rar package again, this time into C:\Program Files\Strategy First\Victoria . I chose the option to `prompt before overwriting'. I allowed WinRar to overwrite all the files except for the event files that have already been modded with VIP North America and some changes I have made myself. Next, I opened the VIP text files in the db folder, read them, and copied the contents of each file, manually, into the appropriate non-VIP files, at the end of each file. For those VIP files which were not replacing anything, I renamed them - VIP_Chile was renamed to Chile, for example. Then, I loaded Victoria. Just before it was supposed to start, an error box told me `cannot read VIP_Argentina. Retry, Abort, Ignore?' I chose Ignore, but it crashed to disk anyways. There are already a lot of error boxes that come up when I load the game, because a lot of the text files have been changed. I just choose Ignore for those, and the game starts.

Next, I went back into the events files and looked for this VIP_Argentina. I couldn't find one. I did find some other VIP files which I had overlooked, so I renamed them and tried to load the game again. This time, after all the normal error boxes came up and I Ignore(d) them, the game crashed.

I'm not a programmer, so I'm not going to be able to find out what is causing the crash. What I thought it was, it wasn't. I don't know how to get rid of the other error boxes, because they all say `event id = 47011 already exists. event id = 47012 already exists.' etc. etc. I thought I had been very thorough in erasing events 47011 and 47012, etc. if they were being replaced by something modded.

So what I need is a thorough explanation of what I have to do to get the game to stop crashing. What exactly do I need to erase, what do I need to add, and where, exactly?