• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(36067)

First Lieutenant
Nov 13, 2004
I would have posted a poll if I knew how, but I can't find the option in the additional options checkboxes (where the faq says it should be).

Anyway, I have followed the castellon method, yet, I always get a ctd due to an illegal operation. They seem to occur randomly after a lengthy period of play (after 3 hours). I figured it was only on my PC configuration, yet when I installed this game on a freshly reformatted HD, I still get the CTDS. I understand there's little I can do to stop them now other than using the autosave feature. I'm curious if anyone here can confidently turn off the autosave feature because their experiences with ctds are nonexistant or minimal.

Only Mods and higher can post polls
And no one can confidently turn off autosave since you never know when a power failure may occur.
(we had one at my place last night) :)

I have autosave off. I don't like having the whole world stop to save the game every few months...it's annoying and slow. I rarely get CTDs, maybe once every ten of fifteen times I play. They used to be far more frequent but 1.04 fixed that a bit.
:D No complaints here!

Castellon said:
Only Mods and higher can post polls
And no one can confidently turn off autosave since you never know when a power failure may occur.
(we had one at my place last night) :)
That's at least 1 advantage of playing on a laptop...

A few months ago we had a blackout, but I was playing in my study with all lights turned off so I didn't realise it until DD became so slow it took more than 3 seconds to advance 1 hour. (Since I have a Centrino my normally-1.4GHz became a 400MHz when running on battery... And at first I thought it was just my bittorrent finishing and copying to harddisk.)

EDIT: 4 Vicky CTDs, 2 HOI2+DD CTDs, and 10+ CK CTDs...

I really don't think I've ever had a CTD.

And I don't play every day, but I play these various games a fair amount...

Rensslaer

Other than in multiplayer I've never had a Vicky CTD. When I used to play EU2 I had them quite a lot, but that was with early patches so it might not happen these days.

fp