• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dealing with the Domestics

The following 40 years were comparatively quiet for Cochin. Trade was refined, borders were smoothed out and widespread provincial improvements were implamented with the high priority of pressing more men into the army and increasing the revenue from our wealthy producs of caramine, indigo and peppers. As part of the Indian region, 3 outlying islands were needing manned up so Quest for the New World was adopted as doctrine and colonists were scouted out from the nation to be sent to there lands.

FF52D29F8AD324C682CF6CB002E1DCA7FEF06154

While free trading was the backbone of the Cochin war machine, strict control of one's own trade was also bennificial. Having more merchants trading in the world reduces their overall competitiveness however establishing a perfect, uncontested monopoly does not reduce this further while increasing income from that certain centre by up to 300%. Vijay's centre of trade houses traders from all across the Cochin lands and with state backing, merchants are sent to insure none others profit. High efficiency and national doctrine assists this, but the merchants of Bacan are increadibly tough. Those Taoists know how to break a deal. In time, we will have to break them.

CC419AFE2657A196F51CDBEE436D807FE40DF6B7

1CA35B12C2B70F4FDBA42FFB3964AC191F754512

"Yeah, we're the best. Just ignore Ming. Seriously, don't make eye contact"
8FB3EE4A77251E2B2E4D2CD914E00A140F75FA7F

The Raja is too sexy for his own good. Majapahit is truely the woman of Idonesia but their lands can be brokered off to Sunda at a later date. This union draws me into a short war with Korea which is swiftly resolved as Majapahit and vassals have been slugging it out with them for 3 years prior. The isle of Jeju is rewarded to Majaphit for submitting to the Raja. Meanwhile, the auld enemy does me a favour.

2066989817325632A31DDA4078199A628B27A8D3

3BC27F616182E2445D37E0A22B398016E64C7A05

There go our trade worries. Who knew Becan could be bad for you?

As nationalism of northern Greater India dies away, manpower reserves increase and more land is gobbled off of Delhi in opportunistic wars. Tuluva the Terrible takes the throne to ensure no Muslim survives his silky tongue. He also decrees that the untamed lands to the west must be mapped out and the Japanese sized up as they grow more centralised.

6A35C57FAAB1AD731410EEF5035441E6E7091D66

BAF668E7E8DD5DDCF0D293A9E3231A992253C71C

ECEE4BB0A5CFC67FE01A436D544223E6AED7F702

222765C7A93CE92808B24EACBCD813D3F176767B

A near unified Japan? Pinch me I'm dreaming!

As Europe is unveiling herself to me Everyone decides now is the time to strike down the Cochin empire.

C6DB095BDA909A2115193D371830AE5AA2E4E4F4

Not ming though, thank heavens.

Peace with all the nations aside from Korea is a fairly simple ordeal due to my superior navy but fighting Korea on the seas was a hairy prospect. I am barely able to pick their fleet appart as they have apparently built up and I land to retake Jeju for Majapahit. I then make a daring raid on the mainland. Those koreans can sure fight. They are deserving of being integrated more tightly into the Pink Alliance.

C6DB095BDA909A2115193D371830AE5AA2E4E4F4

0828C3DC9FB752046CC8ED79FC02A9D895529E77

311C4502CAE8B49B3BB09140D538B286E54066B4

9E449C86B8E8A6CF7FBAB085B9DFD1BB8E5BBDCD

D380FDDE18BE14586F658EDB72B4706CFB81BA17

B4DAEB16F5CF2195146DA383B0AB575DCFD3C8DF

The taken land is handed over to Sunda for safe keeping but regiments are left behind to assist with rebels and prepare for a Korean counter attack. It is with Greater India relatively secured and the isles firmly under foot that the first European Edict is issued: Gotland shall be liberated from the English menace. A cunning loan is sent to the Free City of Koln while the might Cochin fleet sails over past Africa. The loan is naturally defaulted by Koln and war is waged. England as their guarantor is brought in. Manly troops instantly arrive on Gotland and the fleet prepares to tackle the English Armada.

F20E3FA06115E684D1AFA26D060E6B52B38AD304

Rulesthewaves.png

Impressive. \o/

I must confess i nver paid attention to the effects of controlling an enemy capital :eek:o

RR + 5
Stability cost + 20%
Moraleof armies - 0.25
Manpower -25%
Maximum War Exhaustion +4

Pretty nasty but to be expected if the capital of a country is occupied. Not many nations have turned fortunes historically after that.

Impressive indeed :cool: . And just in time too, since Europeans will be coming any decade now.

What are the stats of your army anyway, in terms of shock, fire, morale, discipline, etc.?

Thanks. Stats coming in the next update if I remember. We are highly disciplined due to the quality slider but that absolutely hammers your manpower.

That's pretty amazing. But i expected nothing less of the most manly of nations! Awesome progress, India will soon fall, followed those nasty European type persons!

Oh you have no idea. Huge things are planned.

Very nice, very manly!

For a second I thought you somehow got multiple peace deals from the same war, so I was all kinds of confused.
Luckily, I managed to revert most of my brain damage for a few precious seconds in order to notice the change of dates in the images.

Keep it up!

War dynamitism helps along in these kinds of wars massively but yes, this was over the course of 3 or 4 wars.

Borders do have a way of sorting themselves out as you takeover everything.:D

I am a fiend for clean borders. Trouble is...Ming holds some "Indian" lands. We'll have to cross that bridge at some point. Plus infamy kills my merchants so I need to be careful.

This AAR.. so.. manly! Hurrah for the Pink alliance!

Oh the League of Manly is set to get a few more members.

Impressive. Only a strong western tech nation could stop you now, I think.

Indian muskets aren't that bad, but the Euros are still more powerful. Very Hard mode helps them along even more.

Fantastic! Why didn't I see this thread earlier?

Glad to have you with us.

I'm also interested in the tech and how you hold up to the west. They have had some good years of high speed teching to get a little in front of you; if none of the majors have collasped things could be slightly challenging. (unless you try your mass galley blockades again)

France in particular is massive with England-style enclaves everywhere. Since I will not be taking any land in Europe personally, blockades are not an option, plus, eh, England *shivers*

I've got huge huge things planned for this AAR, so stay tuned. I promise it'll be something exceptional.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that's France. Sweden rarely expands into the English isle's.

Never fear the English, i'm pretty sure that they don't know the way to Cochinia yet! So you should have a little bit of breathing space before they come a knocking!

Also you are doing very manly in you slow and peaceful expansion of the most manly of colours!

Just a tiny teensy littlebit too ambitious perhaps?

Never!

Pink England

CC6CDC1F705DCF83945D6C85E9DB73705C4D3378

I don't stand a chance against that death fleet, but since I was chilling out in Sweden already I'm able to get the jump on Gotland. It swiftly falls to Cochin and bloody battles are fought cementing its new ownership. England are not ready to accept this can call in bigger friends, as well as enveloping Cochin's fleet with their naval bosom.

969B524686757FE981AB388D2A0336C995480BC2

Gotland1.jpg

Gotland2.jpg

England's homeland is utterly undefended but a naval invasion is out of the question. Poland, as leader of this war, must be shown the business end of our Indian muskets. A large army is assembed and told to put on the walkin' boots, keeping their ass-kicking boots in the backpacks for later. It's a long march for Egypt to Warsaw.

Oh I'm not even joking.

D79FDF90F6F87A8C195804A5BEF1961ACFDD5EE5

A1147610385F67D60D46391A052C2CE2B8BA754A

5B1509374F42A5F137A5E0A46EA3953CEF1E8A95

Let me make it quite clear that Poland is not a manly country. Their dirty country colour only serves to oppress the true manliness of the Mazovian people whome they cruely persecute out of shame of their own shrivelled johnsons. They shall be released from their womanly cell in time, but the liberation boots are equiped to free the Gotlanders.

Gotland3.jpg

Glancing back at Asia, it seems that Ming have absolutely no intention of slowing down on Westward expansion at all. I mean jesus bloody christ, whoever that is, they are taking no prisoners. Also, an event pops up. I've no idea what it does. I chose the first option for giggles but nothing came of it. there was no conversion.

6F0211B2B9C8392101D6859743A4CECE446370F1

A few years of Rest and recuperation later, Cochin Mighty is ready to free the one manly nation who has a-historically done well for itself the most out of all of Raja's many reincarnations. Cornwall must be freed to bring their manly pastries to the wider world. What is more, they shall be free to practice whatever religion they like 'cause we're chill like that. This is one war that England will not suvive.

CE18981415E1A266F6DA6A4D63ABC4B1D663A153

"oh, I can't wage war for 5 years" "Oh we have a royal marriage" "oh the relation are too good, I don't want the stability/WE hit". These are all complaints of the highest calibre of womanhood. Stability, War Exhausion, infamy!? These confinds mean nothing to the manliest of men. England are put down faster than you can say "Royal Navy"

18C5816D71323615D1869FDD4B52AEE00E78F4DC

16B7C9146CD8521288E109E75208B433F562C914

B1D4B5AACC7AC69ED5C4DF4888D2669478CA6400

Note my sponsered Nationalists in Cornish lands. It is all coming together. I take five provinces and allow Cornwall to revolt. This is absolutely central to the plan and will save me decades in war and infamy.

FF5302A666568ED12628DA79B3339E47EB1B5750

The moment Cornwall revolt I storm in, occupy them and vassalise them. Now Cornwall are fighting a revolution war and revolutionary AI is "all or nothing" unless the AI is under serious pressure. I force my peace deal on Cornwall before they start thinking they are in a rut and need to peace with England. So now Cornwall is my un-allied vassal still in their own war with England. I throw war subsidies at them as fast as I can, sell them the land I took and assist with any rebel bashing.

When my truce runs out Cornwall is able to call me back into the war so I ally with them the day before the turn of the month my truce ends and declare my own war on England. This means I can lay the smack down on England in my own war while Cornwall keeps their own war going on. In these wars I make sure that England loses all overseas territory to myself or rebels. Why would I go into so much trouble? Well I simply love watching England get ravaged.

5E7B61AE636C8E4066A61F3EC90F725093B63230

EnglandToT.jpg

Oh yeah, and revolution wars allow for total annexation of the other side for 0BB

AABB7073071A075B405116DCC8F07540A9EFD19A

The Pink Alliance just gained a very powerful new ally in one single war. With most of India under Cochin rule and converted to Hinduism, I think it's time we took care of this faux empire of Europoor.

D1909C86E4B05E94F8B7EB2EB3D793BB6E1CC303

the troops are assembled...

F915B84F813126688E538ADD8F266FC12D833742

I must disagree.Poland is MUCH more manly than womanly Mazovia.

And to think- it only took 180 years :ninja: ! Superb work so far, and I look forward to the dismantling of the Empire!

Oh, and I like the Cochinball cartoons. Keep it up :) .

This is brilliant. What if cornwall forms england? (can they?)
I suppose the only way around that would be the anglo french union. Or just repeat the whole process again. Or disable the decision...Or maybe I just don't know enough about the game.

I must say i am a lurker and i like this :p

I figured my first AAR comment should be on the manliest AAR of all. I find it amazing what a skilled player can do with an OPM. I hope we see Mazovia added to the Pink Alliance soon.

I suppose the only way around that would be the anglo french union. Or just repeat the whole process again. Or disable the decision...Or maybe I just don't know enough about the game.
Can't happen. You can't change tag while being a vassal (unless you're Jerusalem for some reason). No fear there of losing the latest pink member.

Very impressive!

Many thanks

What is this madness, I don't even...

The standard of what will be considered madness will be completely reshaped within 2 weeks.

I must disagree.Poland is MUCH more manly than womanly Mazovia.

That dirty bastardised colour has no place in the league of manly. Mazovians though, they know how to look dapper. The Poles have the nerve to make Warsaw their capital though so this may take a few wars.

And to think- it only took 180 years :ninja: ! Superb work so far, and I look forward to the dismantling of the Empire!

Oh, and I like the Cochinball cartoons. Keep it up :) .

Thanks, I'll try to squeeze a few more out to break the chain of screenshots.

Since Cornwall have Cornish culture, they are unable to form England. They can form I think either the UK or the Celtic Empire but not while I keep them under union. I dare not let them break away and spoil that pink. Cornwall has always had a soft spot in my heart. To my amazement, they showed some fairly brilliant AI. They built a fleet and took both the Isle of Mann and the Faroe Island and even beat down what was left of the broken English fleet to annex them outright. What is more, they built 21k mercenaries with the war subsidies I gave them, then when the war was over they disbanded them and recruited regular soldiers. They played better than many human players to be honest.

I must say i am a lurker and i like this :p

Cheers. Lurkers are encouraged to make comments. After all, a man needs to know his audience.

I figured my first AAR comment should be on the manliest AAR of all. I find it amazing what a skilled player can do with an OPM. I hope we see Mazovia added to the Pink Alliance soon.

I'm touched. I'll try not to disappoint.

When the empire gets disbanded, most of my aims will be fulfilled. A few parts of India still need polished off, a few more manly states need released and fed, then things will really start to get crazy.