• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
v1.00 was never released to the public. I would highly recommend installing the version you bought.

It showed 1.00 while using steam version. Also, from the enduser perspective, I have no idea what versions did you release to public and which you did not. I tell you what I see.

Now it shows correclty if launching the game through Steam. Othwerwise, it won't start.

If there will be any work done on message settings I will be grateful. Right now messages only show in secondary importance mail and not pop&up and pause.
Regards.

From the feedback we're getting, there does not seem to be any really serious bugs. We aim to release the next patch in two weeks or so. It will largely be a balance and AI patch, addressing issues like the Marriage AI, excommunications and anti-popes. There will also be some UI improvements (more informative tooltips on character portraits, portraits of the target character in the plot selection, and some other stuff), and of course, bug fixes.

Could you reveal how the pope is chosen? Or maybe patch in the possibility of getting arch-bishops in the Papacy? It was awesome in CKI :)

It showed 1.00 while using steam version. Also, from the enduser perspective, I have no idea what versions did you release to public and which you did not. I tell you what I see.

You have a version of CK2 which is only available on pirate torrents. It tends to raise eyebrows. If you continue having problems, uninstall your pirated copy, and use Steam to install the one you bought.

From the feedback we're getting, there does not seem to be any really serious bugs. We aim to release the next patch in two weeks or so. It will largely be a balance and AI patch, addressing issues like the Marriage AI, excommunications and anti-popes. There will also be some UI improvements (more informative tooltips on character portraits, portraits of the target character in the plot selection, and some other stuff), and of course, bug fixes.

Speaking of tooltips, I hope this means GetDebugInfo will be fixed for use. As one command would be more elegant and easier to use then this:

;§G Debug Info:§!\n ID: [GetID]\n Age: [GetAgeYears]\n Player-[GetInstantPlayerOpinion]\n Liege-[GetInstantLiegeOpinion]

I also wouldn't mind seeing GetHealth, GetHealthBreakdown, GetFertility and GetFertilityBreakdown added to the list, if not already.

Last edited:

The new patch will be save-compatible like 1.03b?

The new patch will be save-compatible like 1.03b?
This is never guaranteed, but it is certainly an aim. The usual recommendation is that you finish any valued games before applying any patch.

Hopefully patches are not working for pirated copies even when they are registered.
Because you know....

I'm glad i bought it, even though i have a pretty empty wallet.

Others have mentioned it, but please consider further rebalancing of the diplo AI matrilineal marriage w/ unimportant people situation in your next patch effort. As it is, you have a useless "invite to court" button, and we still aren't allowed to hire females to fill positions to compensate in any way for this whacky change. Changed was needed, but the way it was implemented completely broke the game for me.

The truce time change seems excessive as well.

And I still can't hold multiple kingdom titles without the game falling apart.

Just some thoughts. Thanks!

I hope this patch will address the tooltips and/or the mechanics themselves for pressing claims, right now they're incorrect.

I've got a small issue. I'm playing as the HRE and it is possible for empires to have kingdoms as vassals right. So I tried to claim Hungary for one of my family members and it said that if you win the war and the person you are claiming for is of your dynasty then that person becomes your vassal. This did not happen. When I won the war my family member was just installed as the king without becoming my vassal. He also took a chunk of my empire with him in the process. This was mildly irritating when I actually thought that I would add Hungary to my empire.

Yeah there is enough bugged in this game that I think i have to wait to play it. Of course I love the idea of the game and hope it ends up working "as intended" soon because I already bought it and it's just sitting there taunting me! :)

Also stopped playing because of bugs etc. No rage quit at all, I would just rather play with a bit more balance and with less annoyance.

Looking forward to the next patch, shame it will be a couple of weeks.

Also stopped playing because of bugs etc. No rage quit at all, I would just rather play with a bit more balance and with less annoyance.

Looking forward to the next patch, shame it will be a couple of weeks.

Yeah there is enough bugged in this game that I think i have to wait to play it. Of course I love the idea of the game and hope it ends up working "as intended" soon because I already bought it and it's just sitting there taunting me! :)

Which bugs are actually preventing you from playing the game ? So what is the gamebreaker for you ?

Which bugs are actually preventing you from playing the game ? So what is the gamebreaker for you ?

Nothing is preventing me playing or acting as a game breaker. I just get mildly annoyed so I am happy to wait for the next patch in the hope that some of the things that annoy me get sorted out. Most of these are balance or aesthetic issues rather than bugs. I still love the game.

Marriage is very annoying at the moment. There are plenty of threads on this.

Crusades seem to have hardly any significance and I would like to see Jerusalem/ Antioch/ Alexandria as objectives more than some desolate province in Iberia again and again. I would almost rather only EVER having the first Crusade for Jerusalem and then secondary targets after. Jerusalem almost having a higher priority hereafter. Also, I would like to have more of an idea who else has taken the cross. A bit more of an on Crusade feel to participating armies. Why does everybody ignore the Holy Land and go for North Africa (and no not in a St Louis going for Alexandria way).

I would like to see the Pope excommunicating Pisa when they invade for the 20th time at least. I have to keep bailing him out.

William and Harold seem to have had their portraits swapped by mistake and as for Robert "Terror of the World" Guiscard having a massive handlebar mustache... well... Basically, I think the portraits, hair colours etc distribution of mustaches and beards needs looking at. Beards for Orthodox, especially clergy. Clean shaven Roman Catholic clergy. Some work was done on this by a mod which has died as far as I know. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...hanced-Portraits-Mod-Now-with-Orthodox-Beards!

I want to have a better notification when a member of my council dies.

More ambitions, more plots.

Less capital cities moving all over the map. It should "cost" significantly. Maybe a temporary tax penalty while the transition is made in addition to prestige.

Last edited:
Adding to the above that not having the Messaging System working properly really put me off, especially being a new player trying to learn the game. For such an information based game it would seem having the Messaging System working correctly would be really important. As well the tutorials should be pretty much in perfect shape but we know some are bugged.

Optimising the balance of your messaging system is difficult. I find that I want all plots discovered not to be ignored but to be reported to me imediatly. Also I like to be told that I have gone to war or my council member died in a pop up that stops the game. So I went and changed these. The amount of different messages disturbs me. I am just suprised that some obvious options are set for the inbox but personally I would never use it the way the devs designed it.

My view is that anything really important should be a pop up and pause. All else including duplicats should be in a history box that you can list down removing what you dont want to see and keeping what you do. Even what has popped up should be in that box. Then it should delete after 5 years like it does in game now. So just a slight balance on that. Otherwise I found there was nothing wrong with the messages that I could not fix with a bit of effort.

What breaks it for me:
1. Assassinations. My multiplayer experience was ruined when a King of England (player) assassinated two Kings of France(AI) to stop french-english claim war (France attacked England). I played as a duke of Aquitaine and was really looking forward to have some nice tactical gameplay helping ,my AI liege and avoiding superior english mercenaries.
Also claimants assassinations also makes multiplayer a kind of unenjoyable.

2. Antipopes and prince-archbishops. Currently you can build a great empire by giving duchies to bishops and creating of antipope. even if prince-archbishops do not like you - they will still pay you all the tax. It is an absurd ammount of money. and also you can assign their successors and they tend to be content/humble which gives a nice relationship modifier.

3. Bugs. a good example of such would be - give a county to a bishop located in other county. He will not give it away and will hold one castle and one bishopric. That would be fine, but he suddenly starts to like me less (-30) for holding wrong holdings. That I cannot comprehend. If you do not want to be a count - give it away to someone you see fit, but why hating a liege for entrusting you this choice?
It is minor, but frustrating.

4. lack of plots/ambitions for monarchs. in single player I usually ran out of plots/ambitions at age of 30-40 years. Where are the plots to kill an ambitious vassal? to kill a pretender? to usurp title? to abduct an enemy monarch?
All those were quite historical options, but unfortunately not present in-game for monarchs (some are present for dukes).

5. lack of diplomatic options. I cannot ask a thirdparty not to participate in my wars, I cannot ask elector to back my candidate, I cannot ask a pope to announce a crusade or participate in target selection, if I know about a plot - I cannot notify a target about the danger.

You can change what priority messages are(Popup, High or Low) via right clicking on the message. Whats your issue there?
It doesn't work.