• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Fixed the Steam install script so it won't run every time you start the application

Not sure if it's that what you mean but Steam still opens a Popup-window 'first-start setup' every time I start the game.

And could you make a change to the launcher so it remembers which mods were activated last time the game was started so they don't have to be activated again everytime.

yesyes, but when I'm a simple count with a 2-digit treasury, it's quite impossible to deal with rebles when they pop up.

Well if you're a simple count, you should be able to keep your peasants very happy in your single county...and if you can't...well then I think you've got a bigger problem than the rebel stack that keeps appearing.

I know it is a noob question, but how do I update? It writes 1.00 on the main screen, and there is information in steam that 1.03b is released

edit: I downloaded the gamersgate link in tech support forum, but now there is exception on game load and it won't start.

edit2: suddenly it automagically stopped crashing and issue seems to be fixed.

Great game anyway! And good patch

Last edited:
Cant you turn off auto update by right clicking on the game in ur library?

Yes you can disable auto-updating very easily by right-clicking the game > click properties > click the updates tab > adjust the automatic updates setting.

Thanks, guys! Actually didn't know about that.

I know it is a noob question, but how do I update? It writes 1.00 on the main screen, and there is information in steam that 1.03b is released

edit: I downloaded the gamersgate link in tech support forum, but now there is exception on game load and it won't start.

edit2: suddenly it automagically stopped crashing and issue seems to be fixed.

Great game anyway! And good patch

v1.00 was never released to the public. I would highly recommend installing the version you bought.

Not sure if it's that what you mean but Steam still opens a Popup-window 'first-start setup' every time I start the game.

And could you make a change to the launcher so it remembers which mods were activated last time the game was started so they don't have to be activated again everytime.

Same here, because of this it is really slow to start the game in steam.

Same here with a Steam version: it always wants to start with an install of the C++ platform. Also, steam says the latest version is v1.02B not v1.03B...

my steam version updated to 1.03b just fine. try reinstalling (delete local content).

also, the C++ things, that little bug happens to a great many steam games. probaby won't get fixed, and it's steam's issue, not paradox. it doesn't stop you from playing so I can live with it.

Same here with a Steam version: it always wants to start with an install of the C++ platform. Also, steam says the latest version is v1.02B not v1.03B...

the C++ things, that little bug happens to a great many steam games. probaby won't get fixed, and it's steam's issue, not paradox. it doesn't stop you from playing so I can live with it.

My Steam version says '1.03b' try verifying your games cache, or just reinstall.

To stop the 'installing for the first time, c++ etc' messages, get rid of the 'installscript.vdf' file in your 'Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii' folder.

eagle

Last edited:
My Steam version says '1.03b' try verifying your games cache, or just reinstall.

To stop the 'installing for the first time, c++ etc' messages, get rid of the 'installscript.vdf' file in your 'Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\crusader kings ii' folder.

eagle

nifty, didn't know that. thanks!

before this patch everything worked fine for me, now after this patch i can not connect to anyone who has a gamersgate version of the game, yet thiers works fine and can connect to each other, the only hosts i can connect to are ones that are running the Steam version. weird, anyhow there is a thread in the tech forums already bout all the things i have done to this point and i know there is nothing else i can do from my side, without help. BTW, the thread is entiled Game not Found.
that is what it tells me everytime i try connecting to a gamersgate version of the game.

I hate to ask, but any rough estimate till the next patch, there seem to be a lot of bugs and I was gonna try and wait it out but if it's gonna be a really long time I'll just play with the bugs.

before this patch everything worked fine for me, now after this patch i can not connect to anyone who has a gamersgate version of the game, yet thiers works fine and can connect to each other, the only hosts i can connect to are ones that are running the Steam version. weird, anyhow there is a thread in the tech forums already bout all the things i have done to this point and i know there is nothing else i can do from my side, without help. BTW, the thread is entiled Game not Found.
that is what it tells me everytime i try connecting to a gamersgate version of the game.

Reinstall your steam game,

I hate to ask, but any rough estimate till the next patch, there seem to be a lot of bugs and I was gonna try and wait it out but if it's gonna be a really long time I'll just play with the bugs.

From the feedback we're getting, there does not seem to be any really serious bugs. We aim to release the next patch in two weeks or so. It will largely be a balance and AI patch, addressing issues like the Marriage AI, excommunications and anti-popes. There will also be some UI improvements (more informative tooltips on character portraits, portraits of the target character in the plot selection, and some other stuff), and of course, bug fixes.

Thanks for the reply, I will probably play around with the game then and at least learn the main parts. I hope you are able to fix the messaging system, I think that would really help us new players especially.

Last edited: