• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Really when you set messages to pop up and pause and to move to high notice and basically customize, all yours settings work? If so please tell me how you are doing it because for lots of us we can make the changes but nothing actually changes.

From the feedback we're getting, there does not seem to be any really serious bugs. We aim to release the next patch in two weeks or so. It will largely be a balance and AI patch, addressing issues like the Marriage AI, excommunications and anti-popes. There will also be some UI improvements (more informative tooltips on character portraits, portraits of the target character in the plot selection, and some other stuff), and of course, bug fixes.

So you DON'T plan on fixing the bug that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to start up the game if you're using an HDTV as your display?

Oh that's good, I can plan on never buying anything from you guys ever again.

So you DON'T plan on fixing the bug that makes it IMPOSSIBLE to start up the game if you're using an HDTV as your display?

Oh that's good, I can plan on never buying anything from you guys ever again.

Uhm, this statement is a bit harsh. I mean, give them some time and I really don't know why playing on a HDTV shouldn't work. Mine works fine with 1920x1080 and no troubles. Maybe it's not the games fault?

They confirmed it in the tech help board. The problem is in the engine, as the same problem exists in Vicky II and EU III.

But no, we'll just brush it off as "no major problems" and hope that since our tech board is blocked to people who haven't bought the game yet, we'll get some more suckers to buy it without realizing the huge bugs they've introduced that no other engine in the world has.

They confirmed it in the tech help board. The problem is in the engine, as the same problem exists in Vicky II and EU III.

But no, we'll just brush it off as "no major problems" and hope that since our tech board is blocked to people who haven't bought the game yet, we'll get some more suckers to buy it without realizing the huge bugs they've introduced that no other engine in the world has.

Thats not exactly a huge bug, as it effects a very tiny number of people, and is not at all necessary to play the game. I know I can play Victoria 2 and HOI3 on my 55" tv.

Last edited:
How is the new patch coming along?

From the feedback we're getting, there does not seem to be any really serious bugs. We aim to release the next patch in two weeks or so. It will largely be a balance and AI patch, addressing issues like the Marriage AI, excommunications and anti-popes. There will also be some UI improvements (more informative tooltips on character portraits, portraits of the target character in the plot selection, and some other stuff), and of course, bug fixes.

I read somewhere in a post that one of the patches is going to include death causes for characters? Say if they were assassinated it will say so, or if they died in battle or of sickness/etc. Is this true? Great game by the way Paradox, I used to play CKI all the time and never thought back then that I would see a sequel, this game is awesome.

Oh and do you guy's plan on including the rival thing again too?

Something I would like to see in the upcoming patch is an expanded list of Mercenaries, especially more cheep ones. It would be fun to have companies of 300-1000 men. Also, by having more than just one cheep company it would be possible for two poor dynasties to hire one each. Now, if I hire the cheep one for 75, I have a huge advantage over my enemy since 1500 men are more than me and my enemy have together early game, and they never can afford the one for 130. Furthermore, perhaps the AI need to have an increased prio of having a cash reserve, so that they can afford mercenaries.

Italy has 4-5 75 gold merc companies. They each have a hometown and will only go so far from it to find work. If your capital's in a different province toward the center of the map you'll probably see more.

Dear Paradox,
would you mind sharing DLCs and patches (minor & major) timeline ? As a person entering adult world, I have more responsibilities and schedules to fulfill and follow. Hence, I have less time for playing. Having approximate timeline can greatly help me and the others when to play with the most fun. You may give which week or even month.
Other thing I want to voice is that whether you will give us the choice of patch which is stable and which has the most flavors (features and events). I know the former tries to eliminate exploit and other akwardness, but I want to opt the latter. The current 1.03b is great, but it has less colors in it. Playing 4 centuries seem a bit the same century in a loop.
Thank you for your hard work and the inspiring game Crusader Kings 2.