Paradox Short Story Contest 2014 - Rewrite History!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What will appear in the anthology with regard to writers' names et cetera?

Well, the name of every author published in the anthology will certainly appear in the book. There will also be a short bio on each one (circa 200 words). Does that answer your question?

Hey! I take offense to that! "layman's terms"... the nerve! Just because my last name is Layman!?

^that was a joke by the way. I'm not offended, though my last name is really Layman. :)

Also, I might enter the contest though the timeline might be a little tight.

Haha, I had no idea. :)

You should definitely enter the contest!

Already cooked up and submitted my own story. Kinda feeling a bit regretful for rushing it, but I think I delivered a quality entry.

Yep, you're the first contender to enter the race. That was fast. :)

Can I enter this contest regardless of the country I live in? Or is it just for selected countries? I ask this because the rules doesn't specify anything about that. Thank you in advance for your reply.

I can't believe this is actually happening! My dream is to be an author, one who primarily dabbles in Alternate History specifically. Added to this the fact that Harry Turtledove, one of my main sources of inspiration, will be a part of it is just icing on the cake!

Well, the name of every author published in the anthology will certainly appear in the book. There will also be a short bio on each one (circa 200 words). Does that answer your question?

Mostly. Is that real name or forum tag or both?

Can I enter this contest regardless of the country I live in? Or is it just for selected countries? I ask this because the rules doesn't specify anything about that. Thank you in advance for your reply.

All countries are welcome. :)

Mostly. Is that real name or forum tag or both?

Your real name - unless you for some reason you'd rather use a pseudonym, that's fine too. You are free to present as much (or as little) information about yourself as you like. It won't affect the contest.

I can't believe this is actually happening! My dream is to be an author, one who primarily dabbles in Alternate History specifically. Added to this the fact that Harry Turtledove, one of my main sources of inspiration, will be a part of it is just icing on the cake!

Glad to hear it. We are very excited about this too. :)

This will be fun. I will participate. Alternate history is not my genre (despite my love of PI Games and history), but I will give this a go.

I'm guessing this doesn't have to be realistic at all. I'm not thinking aliens but the story I have in mind is pretty crazy and historically/politically virtually impossible. But it's my alternate history right?

So does it have to be realistic? Because thinking of Turtledove means thinking about aliens invading during WW2. ;)

We are mainly looking for stories that don't venture too far into the supernatural. It is an anthology under the EU4 banner after all. :)