• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(37753)

Captain
Jan 11, 2005
Just noticed that the province of Samogitia is animist, which got me thinking. If I start a game as the tectonic order and strengthen them so I would not be crushed by by Poland, Rus, Lithuania etc...

Then in theory I should be able to get pagan Zealots to spread out and convert my provinces. Given enough time they should convert the province where Riga is situated. Then if I release Riga as a vassal would they be Pagan?

Then all I would need to do is reload the game as Riga and I have my own little Pagan country in Europe.

So any problems with my theory?
Any advice to increase my chance of success?

Once you get Pagan rebels, you might be able to agree to their demands. I've never looked when I've had non-christian zealots in my lands, so I'm not sure, but they might have demands that let you become pagan.

On the other hand that'd potentially be bad. The pagan stuff is set up as weaker than the other religions, and you'd be annexable.

You might be interested in this AAR
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415037

Making extensive use of Animist rebels, kebzero culture-converted most of the world to Prussian culture
EU3_142.jpg

In my Lithuania game, first Samogitia rebeled and her animist zealots managed to force convert Kurland. Few years later, when I already took Samogitia, Kurland nationalists rebeled. They not only did manage to occupy province, but also declared independence before Teutonic Order forces tried to reconquer the castle. That was so sweet of them, I said 'thank you very much for my access to the sea' while annexing them outright :D

EU3_2.jpg

Ukraine is a tribe, maybe its pagan.

it was only just released when i did this, so its got no allies and stuff.

also i got loads of cash from cheats :D

Why on earth would anybody WANT to convert to paganism ? That's political suicide. Any defender of faith, religious NI bearing, Fanatical colonizing country will eat you.

(Plus the disadvantage of being a pagan)

i once seen revolting pagan lithuania with three provinces , including samogitia
surprisingly they lasted 40-50 years

Why on earth would anybody WANT to convert to paganism ? That's political suicide. Any defender of faith, religious NI bearing, Fanatical colonizing country will eat you.

(Plus the disadvantage of being a pagan)

For the challenge my friend, for the challenge. Of course if you write an AAR you might get a lot of interest :D

Well IMHO, few more Lithuania provinces should be pagan ( yeah, we were last pagan country in Europe, and many people, including aristocracy, were only formal christians), like Trakai and mabe even Vilnius (Vilna- I hate that name, means wool in lithuanian :D, so I always rename it ) . Furthermore it would be nice to pagan zealots declare independence from TO and create Duchy of Samogitia or zealots to convert back Lithuania to it's TRUE religion ( yeah those blody germans and polacks thought they've babtized us, but many people in Lithuania thought- fuck it we'll still do pagan stuff, and did that until I think the begining of 18th century :D ).

id like to see natives (inuits?) in northern Scandinavia at the start of the game. surely they would be pagan?

I do not believe that there were any Inuit in Europe. I am under the impression that the Inuit have always been living in Northern North American (although I think that there are Yupik Eskimo's living in Siberia I am not sure how long they have been there though).

Was there not a pagan province in northern Scandinavia in EU2?

Taking years for a zealot to spawn, is there any chance of increasing the chance?

Missionaries are on way but there is a the risk of converting the province. Had to reload a couple of times when that happened. One problem is that the TO has a bonus to conversion which speeds it up a bit.

Maybe it would be better to play Lithuania and try to conquer the province once Independence from Poland is achieved. If I have a bit of success might write a AAR but I could lose interest quite quickly.

Was there not a pagan province in northern Scandinavia in EU2?

Taking years for a zealot to spawn, is there any chance of increasing the chance?

Missionaries are on way but there is a the risk of converting the province. Had to reload a couple of times when that happened. One problem is that the TO has a bonus to conversion which speeds it up a bit.

Maybe it would be better to play Lithuania and try to conquer the province once Independence from Poland is achieved. If I have a bit of success might write a AAR but I could lose interest quite quickly.

You can reduce missionary maintenance to zero. That way you still get the revolt risk, but 0 chance to convert.