• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Releasing a vassal did not work, suspect I need a revolter to appear. Maybe I should try the bankrupt OPM trick but a bankrupt pagan Riga surrounded by the TO does not seem like much fun.

Could wait for a revolter state, then give it all of my Pagan provinces as a peace offer.

Well IMHO, few more Lithuania provinces should be pagan ( yeah, we were last pagan country in Europe, and many people, including aristocracy, were only formal christians), like Trakai and mabe even Vilnius (Vilna- I hate that name, means wool in lithuanian :D, so I always rename it ) . Furthermore it would be nice to pagan zealots declare independence from TO and create Duchy of Samogitia or zealots to convert back Lithuania to it's TRUE religion ( yeah those blody germans and polacks thought they've babtized us, but many people in Lithuania thought- fuck it we'll still do pagan stuff, and did that until I think the begining of 18th century :D ).

Yeah, I've modded that in my game. Left Vilna/Vilnius/whatever as the only Catholic province.

Releasing a country as your vassal will give them your religion and your form of gov't, regardless of the religion in any of their provinces. Also, it's not possible to change religion by surrendering to zealots outside of your own religious group. There is only one way to do it: you must be a single-province country which goes bankrupt, in which case your state religion becomes the same as that of your province.

-Pat

or you could just go easier way and play pagan Lithuania in MEIOU mod... without annex = yes

btw its so annoying that samogitia always gets converted to catholics and changes culture... its so implausible at that time.. TO had no de facto control over samogitia.

Well IMHO, few more Lithuania provinces should be pagan ( yeah, we were last pagan country in Europe, and many people, including aristocracy, were only formal christians), like Trakai and mabe even Vilnius (Vilna- I hate that name, means wool in lithuanian :D, so I always rename it ) . Furthermore it would be nice to pagan zealots declare independence from TO and create Duchy of Samogitia or zealots to convert back Lithuania to it's TRUE religion ( yeah those blody germans and polacks thought they've babtized us, but many people in Lithuania thought- fuck it we'll still do pagan stuff, and did that until I think the begining of 18th century :D ).

For some reason I always find Lithuanian nationalists on this board hilarious. Bravo.

Sorry for necro bump but I made a thread on how to play as an Pagan country in Europe, I didn't find anyone on the internet mention this strategy so I decided to make a guide myself.
start.png

• 1Like
Reactions: