• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well if he don't play the last beta patch he won't have those lovely events ^^
and you're unstoppable by your fellow asian neighbord , not if Italy of some european land in mass :D you'll need a long time to catch up with them :D

@dinfos - this is the first game that I've ever played where I went high BB, so I didn't really realize just how many of those bad events there are :rofl: Live and learn
@FinnishFish - you can say that again :p
@sprites - I don't think it will be all that long really - the Euros don't seem all that interested and I think if necessary I could snuff the Italians in Asia :)

To all: sorry, no update today (stupid work!) - I'll try to get one out tomorrow.

Chapter Seventeen - We're Still the Good Guys, right?

So in the vein of being a cruel and unmerciful tyrant, it is obviously time to start some more trouble! I decide to tidy up the remaining Wu provinces on the pretense that they are not Hindu and therefore must burn...

17a.jpg

All of their allies and guarantors jump in, which at this point I welcome since it saves me the trouble of thinking up CBs for them :)

17b.jpg

In a few short months, I have annexed Wu, which cleans up my borders a bit.

17c.jpg

I then move focus to stomping on the Ming - they are starting to learn that they should not be jumping in to fight me!

17d.jpg

At the same time, my army from the Wu conquest moves down to mess Shan up. I quickly siege and assault their cities (sieging has become quite easy thanks to my Western units and tech advantage!). They too are quickly annexed. As I have also already annexed Xia, my BB is nearly 100 after this annexation.

17e.jpg

17f.jpg

The battles against the Ming continue to go in my favour - they don't have the economy, technology, or manpower to fight me in any way. still, that's no reason to leave them alone! :)

17g.jpg

Soon this is the situation the Ming find themselves in:

17h.jpg

Of course, as usual the provinces are worth too much war score for me to annex them. I get maximum value out of the three provinces I do take though:

17i.jpg

I also annex Taungu while I'm at it :) My BB is now 120+.

17j.jpg

I luck out and get a nice event - a school charter granting me a university in Jiangsu. This will be the last nice event I will see for a while!

17k.jpg

One last little bit of housecleaning and I'm done for the moment...

17l.jpg

120 BB! :eek:

Chapter Eighteen - Joining the Kingdoms

At this point, my two territories are tantalizingly close together - I only need one or two provinces to pull them into a united whole. Unfortunately, Persia has managed to get itself tangled up in China. Persia is a fair sized power and is much closer to me tech-wise than my Asian friends. Of course, I have been planning on connecting my lands for a long time now, so no one can stand in my way. I kick things off by declaring war on the small Qin faction that has emerged. They are allied with the Ming and are guaranteed by Persia, so a general war looks likely.

18a.jpg

I end up at war with Persia, Ming, Qin, and Tibet. The major stumbling block is Persia, who has manpower to spare. The other nations are just snacks for me to gobble up! My first couple of battles against the large Persian force under the command of its king, Ja'far I, are a bit of a nasty surprise - I win them, but my casualties are much higher than I have become used to. Ja'far has a decent shock score and great maneuver, so he's hard to trap.

18b.jpg

Having kicked the Persian forces out of the area, I conquer Jizhou and the Qin lands quickly. The forces I had near Tibet are giving out free demonstrations on why small two province countries shouldn't attack superpowers as well :)

Qin is soon forced to agree to full annexation, but Persia's control of Jizhou and the continued Ming presence means I am still short of connecting my lands.

18c.jpg

Soon, massive Persian forces start pouring into the captured Tibetan lands in the hopes of liberating them from me. A small (3000 man) garrison force of mine is annihilated by the Persians, but my larger force manages to turn back the invading force under Ja'far.

18d.jpg

I annex Tibet, which leaves the Persian province of Amdo sticking into my kingdom - it borders on four of my provinces, which allows the Persians to launch attacks all over the place. I am forced to go on the defensive against the Persian hordes.

18e.jpg

I crush an invading Persian force in Lanzhou and send the victorious army into the neighbouring Persian province of Gansu. I also send a 16,000 man army to push the Persians out of Dangla. Unfortunately, I misjudge the effects of the terrain on my invaders...

18f.jpg

I take heavy losses for almost no casualties on their side. I start to assemble a large force to make good on that loss. In the meantime, I have an army absolutely rampaging through the Ming lands - at least they can't stop me! :p

The battle for Dangla has become something of a focus for both Persia and Korea. This allows me to send my Ming-crusher army into the Persian province of Yumen and my occupying force in Gansu down into Amdo. They take both provinces while the Persians focus on my oncoming threat to their army in Dangla. I finally decide to move my doomstack into Dangla...with mixed results.

18g.jpg

Soon thereafter, the last province of Ming falls before me and I can annex them for what feels like the tenth time in this game!

18h.jpg

Persia is not content to sit back on its heels - they send a relief army to Amdo and a massive force into Dangla once again. My general arrives too late and is forced to attack instead of defend - fortunately, he holds on to drive them off, but just barely!

18i.jpg

A quick wipe of an 11k strong Persian force in Gansu, and my forces are ready to move on again. At this point, I feel like I need some time to recover from the war. I also want to make sure that I am more ready to take on Persia the next time - I underestimated them in this war and took unnecessary losses. I peace the out at the price of them giving up Jizhou, which finally connects my lands! Hurray!

In a fitting tribute to the many Korean soldiers lost in this last war, I establish a veteran's home in Jinan.

18j.jpg

Also note that my BB is now 160 and rising...;)

Nicely done. :D All of China is yours.
On to Nippon!

Hi again everyone! Sorry for the long delay between updates, but this thing ain't dead yet! Thanks to everyone who has stuck with me :)

@Timmie0307 - I did peace out Persia - they gave me Jizhou for the privilege as well :) I am fully westernized and fully modernized as well, so I'm rolling along pretty well :)

@FinnishFish - far be it from me to let down the Finnish people! The updates must flow!

@sprites - I love the new country names on the map. It really gives you that sense of accomplishment when you see those big letters spreading out :)

@dinofs - thanks! And I agree that it's time for a nice sailing trip :p

Chapter Nineteen - More Like Land of the Setting Sun

So, all of mainland China (more or less) is now under my banner. This leaves me with only one major goal left, which is the total subjugation of Japan and their addition to my empire! As I mentioned in my last update, my BB is getting quite high - around 160 right now. As I have discovered, this leads to plenty of the following...

19a.jpg

This is an event that I got really used to seeing and dealing with. The real nasty thing is that my empire is so large that investing in stability is almost useless since even if I manage to increase it, I will have had another stability-reducing event in the meantime. I'll file that information away for future use. At any rate, we can hardly let ourselves be too worried about our stability at this point! That's what I have all these armies for. :)

Time to show those Japanese why they never should have let me get a foothold on Honshu. I decide to use the Cleansing of Heresy CB on them...

19b.jpg

My fully westernized troops are about to give the Japanese some hard lessons in the magic of technology. My first assault into Yamashiro runs into an 18,000 man Japanese army. In a matter of days, they have lost 10,000 mean and retreated, costing me about 2,000 casualties in return.

19c.jpg

Not too bad, but I think I can do better really. Let's take a crack at Settsu, Japan's wealthiest and best defended province. My army of 12k infantry and 4k cavalry attack the sizable defending Japanese army - 27k infantry and 4k cavalry. Despite the odds, it is a total rout...

19d.jpg

Now that's what I call a success! ;) 500 Korean casualties in exchange for 20,000 Japanese! This effectively shatters the ability of the Japanese to wage war - their army is basically destroyed. My technology lead also allows for quick low-casualty assaults on the Japanese fortresses.

19e.jpg

The remnants of the Japanese army are encountered at Echigo - here you can see the difference in damage that these armies do to each other:

19f.jpg

The 18,000 man Japanese army is wiped out to the last man.

19g.jpg

In the meantime, I have to punish the Mongol Khanate for daring to enter the war against me on the side of the Japanese. A single standard army (12/4 infantry/cav) wipes out their forces and assaults their fortresses.

19h.jpg

My capture of the Japanese provinces eventually forces the Japanese navy out of hiding and their final 15 caravels are sunk by the Korean navy. This is the end of the Japanese military forces.

19i.jpg

With the entirety of the Japanese islands and the Mongol Khanate under my occupation, it is time to make peace. I make peace with the Mongols first, in order to maximize my territorial gains (they are the junior partner in the war).

19j.jpg

Then I strip Japan of its economic engine - the peace offer I give them grants me Settsu (with its CoT).

19k.jpg

The end result of this war is a further expansion of the Korean Empire and a BadBoy Rating of 188! I'm starting to think that the other nations don't like me for some reason...

Sad to see the Japanese crumble like that, but I guess it serves them right for not taking down the Koreans as early as possible.

I think it's now good to lay the BB low for some time

I think we're well beyond the point of no return here.

Chapter Twenty - Start of the BadBoy Wars

As I mentioned in my last update, I was getting the strange feeling that there were some countries out there that seemed upset at my expansion of Korea :D The biggest and most dangerous of these countries was Persia. You may remember that I had tangled with Persia previously and they are fairly powerful - tech levels are similar and they have a lot of manpower too. So of course...

20a.jpg

I move quickly to try to gain myself some war score and get in position for the inevitable Persian attack. I send an army into Gansu and take it. My goal here is to have armies in the Amdo-Dangla area, as it seems this is where the Persian forces concentrate (naturally enough, since their province of Amdo pokes right into my Chinese holdings)

20b.jpg

In the meantime, Brunei (as Persia's ally) has also entered the war and so I am forced to fight in the Malay peninsula as well. This is a side theatre of the war and I don't really have much in the way of territory that I want from Brunei right now. Their army gets a spanking to remind them not to attack me :) I white peace them out as I want to focus on Persia right now and my armies in the south are needed to swat the constant rebel uprisings.

20c.jpg

Meanwhile, in Amdo:

20d.jpg

I've obviously concentrated in Amdo as a large stack was headed there from Persia - it ends up getting there in two small waves, both of which are annihilated. The province itself falls quickly to an assault thereafter. I wipe out a further 13k strong Persian force in Amdo, take the province of Yumen, and then decide to take the fight to the Persians and invade Qarqan. This turns out to be a mistake. My outnumbered force gets caught in the mountains and sent packing.

20e.jpg

I decide to make what peace I can and plan for the next war with Persia. I get them to cede Gansu and call it a day.

20f.jpg

Oh, look at that, widespread opposition again.

20g.jpg

I get these events very regularly. The game at this point is actually more focused on rebel killing than expansion. I also decide to build a few workshops, although I don't really need the money:

20h.jpg

When the sawdust settles from the building, I figure it is time to do something interesting rather than sit around swatting rebels. Japan feels my wrath once again :D

20i.jpg

As before, the massive tech difference (and my unit modernization) leaves the Japanese helpless before the Korean onslaught. This battle is fairly representative - I lose a single cavalryman (who probably fell off his horse and broke his neck) and the Japanese lose 15,000:

20j.jpg

What can I say? Life ain't fair :) I quickly assault all of the Japanese lands and force them to cede all of Kyushu and Shikoku, as well as three provinces on Honshu. Their capital is now isolated and they are in very poor shape.

20k.jpg

Shouldn't be too long until I realize my goal of adding Japan to my holdings...