• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Very impressive, world conquest like, series of wars!

Japan feels my wrath once again :D

Rotter! :mad:

On balance, they've proved completely incapable of defending themselves if 13,000 men can't even lay a hand on you.

Nice to see that Persia is providing some challenge - onward to Europe!

Good, you took my advice. :D Great work against Japan, keep it up and the entire island of Honshu will soon be yours.

Chapter Twenty-One - Endgame

My stability has been steadily draining away thanks to all the widespread opposition events - the best I can do is crank up my investment and use some of my cultural tradition to generate some quality Artists to fight back.

21a.jpg

Of course, the Persia-Brunei alliance attacks me again, straight out of the truce. They seem to have a real hate on for me :) I move quickly and destroy a Bruneian army in Perak for minimal losses and move on to siege Malacca with its tasty tasty CoT :)

21b.jpg

My king dies before the siege can complete, giving rise to a Pretender. At this point in the game, it's just one more rebel to squash - not a big deal. I also find I care a bit less about my king's stats as I typically have much more money, manpower, and technology than my neighbours.

I decide that I should at least punish Brunei a bit for constantly attacking me and send an army to rampage up and down Sumatra. Facing this large loss of provinces and men, Brunei caves and gives me Malacca in trade for peace. This gives me my fourth CoT to control - more money for the pile.

21c.jpg

As usual, the war with the Persians revolves around Amdo and Dangla. The Persians manage to sneak an army into Dangla before my defenders can get there (my boys were busy squishing rebels), which forces me into attacking into the mountains. Fortunately, my higher morale allows my men to hang on for the win. This is crucial because it lets them assume the postion of defender for the inevitable Persian counter-attack.

21d.jpg

As you can see, the game changes when my forces get the advantage of the mountains - the Persian counter-attack is wiped clean:

21e.jpg

I also manage to push the Persians out of Amdo at the same time - this leaves me in a good position for this war against the Persians since I know they will be willing to throw their armies into the teeth of my defences in Amdo and Dangla. A few smaller Persian forces throw themselves into the furnace in Amdo and are wiped, and my boys in Dangla wipe another attacking force:

21f.jpg

While the Persians are busy with Amdo and Dangla, I sneak an additional army around the flank and attack Yumen and take it. At this point, the war is going quite well and I feel confident that I am wearing down the Persians a bit. Once again, I get a bit overconfident and send an expedition into the mountainous region of Qarqan:

21g.jpg

Once again, it gets routed :) Guess I just can't learn my lesson there. I think what keeps happening is that the slow travel time for my forces marching from Amdo-Qarqan gives the Persians enough time to rush reinforcements into Qarqan. Obviously I didn't think there would be 44,000 defenders there when I sent my 20,000 man army to the attack! I want to get back to my focus of taking Japan, but I have enough warscore from my victories and possession of Amdo and Yumen to get some concessions...

21h.jpg

This peace with Persia gives me a much better strategic position as well as making the borders of my Chinese territory much neater :) There is no longer a Persian territory sticking into the heart of my lands. Any future war with them would have to be on my terms now.

That means it is this time again....

21i.jpg

Japanese forces once again are shattered by the muskets of the Koreans and Yamashiro quickly falls.

21j.jpg

The remainder of the war with Japan is a series of lightning sieges - none longer than 24 days. The Japanese emperor is forced to give up everything except for his capital of Yamashiro.

21k.jpg

Following this victory, the truce years pass by without much incident (except for constant stability hits and rebels everywhere). My empire is dominating Asia and the last peace with Persia seems to have halted their desire to go to war with me - they are out of the truce period and have so far declined to declare war on me immediately as has been their pattern to date. So, after waiting out the truce:

21l.jpg

21m.jpg

This completes my goals in the game - Japan is no more, and all of China and Southeast Asia are under the control of Korea!

To be honest, it was a bit of an effort to get to this point - the constant need to suppress rebellions made the game drag unbelievably as I neared the end. As a result, I am going to call this AAR completed at 1781 :) Thanks to everyone who read and commented on it for me!

Here are a few final shots to summarize the game:

Final tech levels and income sheet:

21n.jpg

Ranking in the world:

21o.jpg

Progress of expansion, 1614-1781:

animatedmap.gif

Final map:

finalmap.gif

Once again, thanks to all my commenters and readers - I had a lot of fun doing this thanks to you and I loved to check in to read your comments. As a first-timer, there were some bumps in the road for sure.

Please leave me any constructive criticism you might have - I'd love to hear your thoughts on what I could do better if I do another AAR!

Congratulations on your conquest of Asia! I think it's an appropriate point to call it a day, although I'm a bit sad you didn't face off with Mega-Bohemia.

Also good work on writing an enjoyable AAR. I hadn't quite appreciated how much effort all this must involve until recently.

And Super-Lithuania too!

But nice work. Well done on a satisfying finish. :)

Great work on a very enjoyable AAR! I definitely understand your decision to quit. The late game gets very dull if you have as much BB as you did.

@Dewirix - thanks, it really is a lot of work isn'it?!? Maybe your Japanese empire can go face off against the Bohemians? :)

@Ashantai -thank you very much :)

@dinofs - I'm glad you enjoyed it :) your early comments really encouraged me!

@Boris ze Spider - Again, its great for me to hear that you found it enjoyable to read!

What was the religious situation at the end? (Forgot to ask this before.)

@dinofs - in the end, I was so busy with rebels and conquests that I never really bothered to convert much. Because you're my buddy, I went back and got a screenie for you :p

finalledger.jpg

@TonyJoe - thanks for the complement! All the positive feedback I've been getting has made me think about doing another one of these :) If you do play Korea, don't make the same mistakes I did! LOL

Please do another for sure!

Nice game, and good stats.

That's pretty good, all things told.

@FinnishFish and sprites: that Bohemia could have ginve me some trouble, I'm sure of that! :)

@Matrim_Cauthon: thanks for the positive review :) I am pretty sure that I am done with this game - the rest would be updates saying I fought some rebels and won and so on ad infinitum :p

@Boris, dinofs, and Ashantai: thanks so much for the comments and encouragement!

I may be done this AAR, but I am pretty sure I will be starting up another soon...