• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ottomania part 10; A new king what a nice guy … And the state of the world.

So Abdulaziz starts his reign in 1435. I don’t know why OE rulers must have long names. Maybe it scares enemy troops with Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
We don’t want to vassalise Karaman take 3 stab hits and a war with the entire Muslim world. So it is cancelled and we get a new one … Cute.
EU3_155.jpg

GOLD RUSH! We will kill for it! (and we have)
EU3_158.jpg

A new 6 star tax modifier is available! Quality finally. Even with that stab advisor, stab progress is painfully slow.

EU3_156.jpg

This might help tough.

EU3_160.jpg

The HRE politics is like me in a bar. Neither of us knows which girl to go for.
EU3_162.jpg

Had a land technology research useless event. Lost 400 ducats in tech there : And we rock the world in income.
EU3_164.jpg

The Tech race in 1438. Were not on the first page there:
EU3_165.jpg

The best leaders of the world sorted by shock… Some scary guys.
EU3_166.jpg

Despite being the new rich kid on the block our armies are few in numbers. Luckily they all have a horse (that must count as double)
EU3_167.jpg

Our Navy is beginning to be measurable to most Mediterranean powers. England and Castille are the big bad bullies here.
EU3_168.jpg

Finally a graph I like :D :
EU3_169.jpg

Religion looks good. We need to conquer some more before we are full Pacman:
EU3_170.jpg

Wars of the world. Notice the Austrian war. They are figting over Aquileias last province, which were annexed by Venice (Saves us the extra reputation, but no MA with Venice):
EU3_171.jpg

Back to the affairs of state; a great man event fires. It’s nice but a lot better to get the stab bonus at a later time.
EU3_172.jpg

That’s all for now from your friendly Ottoman Empire.

Well, we all now know what the Ottos must do. Jihad for the lands of Chuck Norris!!! :D

So true, but every empire, friendly or evil, fears Chuck Norris... Maybe we can aquire his services ...

Chuck Norris never hides, everyone hides from Chuck Norris!

But you can't find him. He finds you... :rofl:

The Khalifa title has a pretty hefty stability cost :(

Hmmm. Jizya / Khalifa / sheik

20 / 8 / 6 = 34

Jizya is the worst IMO :). A lot of stability was regained in the first 20 years or so. Painfully slow. Thats why temples was/is a priority.

Ottomania: Part 11; The most feared man in the world

Hi everybody here is Central Europe at 1439
EU3_175.jpg

And here is the most shocking man in the world.
EU3_176.jpg

And here we see France with new Burgundian provinces. Oh yes and us dowing the most shocking man in the world.
EU3_178.jpg

And here is me autoclicking on the “yes please give me a new core”. And that’s unbelievable dumb. Hungary is my new vassal and that’s their capital. Unless I get rid of it I will get -0,3 prestige for the rest of the game… Duh.
EU3_179.jpg

Well – My screenshots from the war are not perfect. I blame the orthodox populace in Imereti! First of the 18.000 man large Austrian army with their immortal king walks into Sopron, which of course is scorched and abandoned. The siege is quickly lost and the procedure is repeated in Presburg. At the same time most Austrian provinces are besieged by small cav armies (as OE we have nothing else).
EU3_180.jpg

Our Monarch is insane… He thinks the OE is losing, yea right. His advisors request administrative guidance. At the same time lots of new build Austrian regiments are destroyed.
EU3_183.jpg

A larger Austrian force has formed and is beaten in Friuli – Thanks Allah for the help of the mighty vassal Crete! I really don’t know if I got 2.5 army tradition or it only was Crete. According to Unddu army tradition is based on how large a part of your army is in a battle, and this was the entire Cretan army of 1 regiment!
EU3_186.jpg

Presburg is lost, the Austrian army returns to Vienna to lift the siege. Our valiant Hungarian vassal (with a super king) is attacked and delays their march. The remaining presence in Presburg is rThe Hungarians are defeated and somehow 12 days later so are the Austrians. Nobody knows how that happened, guess they were frightened by more reinforcements.
EU3_187.jpg

November 1440 and the Palatinate peaces out.
EU3_189.jpg

Leaving 18000 Austrians against the might of the East..
EU3_190.jpg

This is far too much for the shocked Austrian King. He apparently don’t want to lose his army. So he sells his land for a horse…
EU3_191.jpg

Central Europe few year after the start of this update.
EU3_194.jpg

And our officers, who can play with our new army toys! Even with a lot of war they did end up seeing more sieges than battles…
EU3_195.jpg

And what are The Mamluks up to? At war with Ming and in a succession crisis (Just surrender your lands and we will take care of you!!!).
EU3_193.jpg

Guess what that little navy should be used for?