• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It says module descriptions have been added but the game is still not telling me the difference between a Hanibal and a Semper Fi! Also, I've found when adding modules to the slots on a Tarka cruiser armor section, only the module on the right side of the ship is visible on the design screen and on the weapon test screen, the left module appears to be attached backwards and just doesn't work, as i found out when trying out 2 point defense and only the right one fired.

Lots of info in the game directory encyclopedia...go to ships folders...it has the module descriptions like Semper Fi increases crew and Hannibal increase admiral escape roll etc: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\sword of the stars ii\assets\base\encyclopedia

anyone else having troubles seeing the large turrets outside of the designing screen? every time i set up a fleet, they seem to disappear. haven't seen em in combat yet.

We're still working towards another update Friday - with the crashes we found and fixed, it seemed like a solid idea to get an update out today, and then we have a couple of days to turn around another for Friday. Then the plan is to take Friday to next Wednesday to take a hard run at some of the bigger issues that take more than a couple of days to turn around.
So, that's roughly where we're at - we're still watching for what you all report, and working it into the to-do lists. I know there are some key known bugs that are annoying and we're sorting them as fast as we can - we really appreciate everyone's patience as we keep plugging away.
Thanks!

We're still working towards another update Friday - with the crashes we found and fixed, it seemed like a solid idea to get an update out today, and then we have a couple of days to turn around another for Friday. Then the plan is to take Friday to next Wednesday to take a hard run at some of the bigger issues that take more than a couple of days to turn around.
So, that's roughly where we're at - we're still watching for what you all report, and working it into the to-do lists. I know there are some key known bugs that are annoying and we're sorting them as fast as we can - we really appreciate everyone's patience as we keep plugging away.
Thanks!

thanks for all your support! i did want to let you know that i am still getting this stubborn error that wont allow the game to start.

T (2011/10/31 10:42:05) [app] MARS2 64-bit Environment
T (2011/10/31 10:42:05) [app] Last built on Mon Oct 31 01:24:18 2011
T (2011/10/31 10:42:05) [app] CWD:
T (2011/10/31 10:42:05) [app] C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sword of the stars ii\bin\x64
T (2011/10/31 10:42:05) [app] Args:
T (2011/10/31 10:42:05) [app] C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sword of the stars ii\bin\x64\mars.exe
T (2011/10/31 10:42:05) [diag] Initializing telemetry...
W (2011/10/31 10:42:05) [diag] Failed to start telemetry (1).
W (2011/10/31 10:42:05) [app] Invalid game root directory:

the last patch does not seem to have gotten rid of this error. i have tried everything to try and get it to start but so far no luck.

afrak300, are you trying to launch sots.exe or mars.exe?

Also, you got a 32 bit os or 64?

That's a log of running mars.exe without any arguments, which will not work. It needs a lengthy command line usually set up by the sots2.exe launcher.

hey all yes i am running the sots2 app not the mars.exe.... i have tried in admin mode and non admin mode. i have also made sure everything on my computer is up to date gfx drives the whole shibang. i am running the 64x version though for kicks i tried the 32 bit one too but with no luck for either. i uninstalled the game whole restarted and then re downloaded the 8+ gigs again from steam thinking that maybe it was just a faulty download. i then had stem check the cash. i also read that other people ran the vcredist_x64 again and i also ran the direct x install again but they found nothing wrong. at this point i even copied the sots II folder to the c:/ drive because some one else said that that had worked for them..... at this point i am not sure what to do. the game worked when i first downloaded it when it was released though it did have bugs. the second patch prevented the game from even starting i see a window and the pointer icon change then it just crashes without an error. this was the only log i could find thinking that this might help trouble shoot the problem. thanks everyone for your help i appreciate it!! the time i did spend with the game it was awesome!

OK. Check the directory where you found that log. Sort out which is the newest log and log-script (the name of the second logfile the game makes), so that you'll know if a newer set is made and which that is. Then run the x86 sots2.exe. If it launches, check the options so you know whether it is going to run the 32-bit or 64-bit version, then let it try. If it doesn't launch you'll have new logfiles to post.
Do you have nvidia graphics drivers or ati?

i just did a major face palm after un checking run in 64 bit in the options menu which i completely over looked it worked!!!! i am so sorry everyone.......... reminds me of the IT Crowd "have you tried turning it off and on again?" thanks everyone sorry for the posts! and thanks a million astatine!!!! i really appreciate it!

wow i can play the game now expectation met....

anyway i got into my first battle today but there was no enemy on the map ???? just my space station and a 4 minute timer wasting my time.

is there a way to exit a battle or go back into auto battle??

Worked stable during my short try yesterday.

My personal issue list:

1,2,3,4,5: Sound bug

6: AI fights vs. Environment still take way too long- Suulka vs Swarm, disappeared after ~ 15 rounds of fighting, 20 rounds+ and no end in sight 2 Liir Fleets vs. 2 Morrigi Relics/Asteroid Monitors next to my colonized space
7: Me vs. Morrigi Relic/Asteroid Monitor -> ships spawned inside of the sun.
8: Current mission text disappearing behind Admirals Portrait - meh, not really game breaking bug
9: long change times between windows - optimization would be nice but very low priority

Yes, my game is also running windowed whether I want it to or not and I too have Windows 7 64 bit.
Alt+Enter will make it full screen, if you are interested.