• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
is it posible to maniualy download the patch from some where cuz my steam wont download the patch looks like they have some problems kinda wana check out the update now dont wana w8 any more :D so if there is any manual patcher out there can i get the link if not its ok then ill w8 till steam starts to download it .

I'm up to turn 60 or so without any crashes, new record. After running the computer voodoo routine before combat (select manual/automatic battle, select hawk/dove stance, then select battle, then press ok, sacrificed chicken is optional) I don't crash when I'm chasing that god damn Von Neumann around my systems anymore either.

Still lose music now and then, but now it also comes back sometimes.

Hey guys,

Will post this here and over on the bug and tech forums. Just a few things i have noticed since the new patch (unless stated, i was not having these issues pre patch).

1)Clicking on the design screen will freeze the game. I can still manipulate the galactic map, however i can not activate any buttons. The only way to do anything is use task manager and close down SotS.

2) Upon founding a new colony, after inputting a name, the OK button no longer works. Again the only way around this is to use task manager, close down SotS and start again.

3) Node Fighters (non-torp version). I can build them, but they dont seem to go anywhere. Have built over 200 now, and they do not show up in any lists like the rider or defense manager. Torp version seem to work fine in this regard.

4) Morrigi Relics. (not sure if this was present before). Whenever i discover one of these (asteroid monitors apparently) it does not appear to be anywhere on the map (i see a little blue radar blip, but there is nothing in the area when i arrive), if i undertake combat myself. I have however let the AI take control, and it seems the relic is inside the sun of the system.

Thanks for the hard work guys, hope ti all gets sorted soon :) Will include a dxdiag, if you need my logs let me know.

Attachments

• DxDiag(sots2).txt
    29,5 KB · Views: 203
Can we get a character limit increase? When I name stations and planets and fleets and all that stuff I think 25-30 is way too short for naming stuff. Give us 100 characters to play with, that should be plenty. Other then that I'm really excited to see you guys get this game working better. Just need a few UI tweaks. Can I get a drop down menu in the research tree so I can find the specific trees easier? But this is all cosmetic stuff get the technical stuff up and running better first. Loving it!

hello,

i think i didnt understood the whole thing. steam became the beta versrion instead of the final ?
well i noticed that it was maybe the beta cause i looked in the steamapps folder where u can find a sotsii_beta file, whate made me wondering.
the points wich is funny in my eyes is, that i could use the option button at the very first start.
and if it´s the beta, what was the reason the final didnt got uploaded ? cause as far as i know only the download version is affected to this, isnt it ?

so far and thanks for those who lighten me :D

hans

hello,

i think i didnt understood the whole thing. steam became the beta versrion instead of the final ?
well i noticed that it was maybe the beta cause i looked in the steamapps folder where u can find a sotsii_beta file, whate made me wondering.
the points wich is funny in my eyes is, that i could use the option button at the very first start.
and if it´s the beta, what was the reason the final didnt got uploaded ? cause as far as i know only the download version is affected to this, isnt it ?

so far and thanks for those who lighten me :D

hans

Nobody in this place knows exactly what happened.
I can't lighten you, but i know who can:
Martin Cirulis
CEO/Creative Director
Kerberos Productions
Mail him at: contact@kerberos-productions.com and ask him.

But ... be patient.
He is a busy guy these days. ;)

Meanwhile perhaps this helps you a little.

In my opinion, they released it too early. I think they know about that.
But they can't be undone the release.
Give them 3-4 weeks and we will have the game, we pay'd for.
Give them one year and we have the game of which we have dreamed.

Any new official info btw. ? I think moste ppl sit on hot coals (well i am ^^) and wait for the next patch, i know you wrote in 2-3 days each patch, but a little info what bug´s you will next fix, would be cool :>

From the Buglist i see in the Bug-Forum, it should be now pretty mutch all covered from reportet bugs.

well... 3-4 weeks...funny.
somehow ironic, because after all those nice patches i even cant start a match, i can start the game, but not.
whats ironic about that ? well i´v first orderen the game about amazon but then saw its being released weeks eralier on steam, so i bought it there. its so disapointing.
even if mistakes can happen, but that´s a total no go. in my eyes paradox/kerberos have to rebuild the trust.

Does that really matter though? The game won't be fun nor playable in the sense of the word in the next patch... nor in the one following that, give it a month, forget about this until then... Waiting for every patch and hoping it finishes the game (as opposed to just fixing bugs) is an exercise in depression.

Where can I find the patch? Steam only copies the bugfix sheet, but no link where to download the patch.
hth asap...

It is not a bug, It is a feature!

Steam will automatically patch it if Steam is online. The patch is not released yet.

Give them 3-4 weeks and we will have the game, we pay'd for.
Give them one year and we have the game of which we have dreamed.

That's the best answer for all of us... shame on you Kerberos... oh my, I just hope they are still around in one year... I remember MOO3 and I how quickly their homepage stop being updated... but I am certain Kerberos will be much stronger and will not give up... it is really a pity though, I was one of those who were already thinking about the future expansions.

We can only wait and hope for the best.

I wouldn't mind an approximate ETA of the next patch posted somewhere in the main post.

If it has been posted somewhere, would someone kindly direct me to it, or just reply it to me?