• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
WiRe said:
so is impossible, to install the english mod in spanish versión and get to work properly?, Mat2k did you probe it?

sorry guys i am very lost modding :confused:

Well, that's not a mod but a patch which enables you to play longer than just from 1836 to 1920. It changes the "victoria.exe" file and as the spanish "victoria.exe" file is different from the english, french and german ones the No Time Limit patch doesn't work with the Spanish version.

Lukandi

Serg said:
Help to me please ...
Victoria ver.1.03 from Russian localisation licension
Voctoria.exe - size 2 383 272
You patsh not instal

Thank u

If the patch for the English version doesn't work with the Russian version of the game (I didn't know there is one) I cannot help you because I don't own a copy of the russian version and therefore I cannot create a patch for it. Sorry.

Grosshaus said:
Whatever, as long as you don't distribute Victoria.exe in any way and it is ok with whoever made the No Time Limit patch.

You know, I understand the logic behind this, but it always strikes me as one of those silly semantics types of things. :rofl:

enragedcow said:
You know, I understand the logic behind this, but it always strikes me as one of those silly semantics types of things. :rofl:
Not really; the exe belongs to Paradox and you aren't allowed to distribute it because that is the key to their games' revenue. You're free to distribute programs that modify the exe if their owner allows (unless they're designed to bypass copy protection and you're subject to the US DMCA or its equivalent) because they don't belong to Paradox (although Paradox may or may not allow distribution or discussion of these programs on it's forums). Disclaimer: that is my understanding but I am not a lawyer. :)

Last edited:
universalis said:
do i need to download the revolt.txt file?

No, you don't have to download the revolt.txt but you won't be able to create any satellite nation after 1922 (and no nation will arise from a revolt after 1922).

universalis said:
do i just replace the old .exe file with the patch?

No, you have to run the NTL patch and apply it to "victoria.exe" file.

Also 1.00

It also works in 1.00 :)
Just a thought: Is this code also the one used in HoI? If so, would it be possible to use the same trick there, and can you do it in a save-game? I'm trying to make all of the world axis, but Japan is in my way, and I only have a month until the game ends.. That's just not enough time! ;)

Great Dane said:
It also works in 1.00 :)
Just a thought: Is this code also the one used in HoI? If so, would it be possible to use the same trick there, and can you do it in a save-game? I'm trying to make all of the world axis, but Japan is in my way, and I only have a month until the game ends.. That's just not enough time! ;)

Sorry, I'm not going to create patches for HoI. But I think there is a NTL patch for HoI already created, isn't there?

Hope so!!!

Lukandi said:
I've just released the Time Limit Changer for 1.03b:
1 - 2000
1 - 2200
1 - 2500
1 - 3000

As always, thanks!!!!! I will now be able to conquer the whole world as Germany before 2200

juhog said:
Here's a 1.03b Time Limit Patcher for you all.
DOWNLOAD VIC 1.03b NTL Patcher
It's a variable NTL patcher, so you can set end date to whatever you want.

I'm sorry I find your patch difficult to use... :(

kokomo said:
As always, thanks!!!!! I will now be able to conquer the whole world as Germany before 2200

It's nice to hear my effor isn't useless. ;)

kokomo said:
juhog said:
Originally Posted by juhog
Here's a 1.03b Time Limit Patcher for you all.
DOWNLOAD VIC 1.03b NTL Patcher
It's a variable NTL patcher, so you can set end date to whatever you want.

That's why my patches are there. They're easy to use. :cool:

kokomo said:

I thought it was self-explationary?
Just copy VIC103bPatcherCMD.exe to your Victoria directory and start it. Then type in the year you want to end your game (Eg. 1950) and press "enter". Couldn't be simpler. I really can't understand what's the difficult thing here.

Milano said:
Hi!

I know that this may sound as a silly question.
I was wondering how you edit the eug-files.

This may sound silly,but i am new to this game and forum!!

All help is good! :)

They are normal text files so you have to open them with notepad or wordpad (faster) - I hope you know how to open file with extension that is not associated with the editor already.

Dominik said:
They are normal text files so you have to open them with notepad or wordpad (faster) - I hope you know how to open file with extension that is not associated with the editor already.
Aside from the obvious (using the file menu within the program) another useful trick is to make a shortcut to wordpad on the desktop; then you can drag and drop files onto it and they will open with it regardless of their extension.