• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Regent said:
Also, would it be possible to send some unmodded non-English victoria.exe files to me or would that be the same as sending a modded one?
If you are still interested in possibly patching the problematic non-English versions you can download the Spanish 1.03 patch at [url]http://www.gamershell.com/download_8344.shtml[/URL] and extract the victoria.exe from the InstallShield cab files using zipscan. (i6comp.exe didn't work for me and I didn't try unshield.)

If anyone wants to attempt manual patching of the Spanish 1.03 you can try searching for the following sequences in victoria.exe:
Start date: 95 1E 2B 07 F6 F1 (2B 07 = 1835)
End date: CD 1E 82 07 82 1D (82 07 = 1922)
I haven't tested this but it's worth a shot.
The Regent said:
Apparently, my patch also works with the Italian version. I think the exe files match, its just the text files are different.
Spanish patch definitely does not have the signature your patch looks for (or the one the older process looks for either; see above).

Last edited:
ptan54 said:
Would this patch work for 1.03c? And is it possible to set the startdate before 1836?
Do you have the Spanish version or one of the others? I don't know if The Regent's patch unlocks the start date but you can certainly change it manually using the instructions I gave earlier.

ptan54 said:
North American English version. I'll try it out to see how it works - but (although moronic I will ask) what is a hex editor and how do I go about manual editing of the .exe file?
A hex editor is what you use to edit non-text files. UltraEdit will edit both text and non-text I believe. Do a search on "hex editor" to find more. Look at my post here for what to search for and replace.

jdrou said:
If anyone wants to attempt manual patching of the Spanish 1.03 you can try searching for the following sequences in victoria.exe:
Start date: 95 1E 2B 07 F6 F1 (2B 07 = 1835)
End date: CD 1E 82 07 82 1D (82 07 = 1922)
I haven't tested this but it's worth a shot.

hello

it wanted to know that sequences it is necessary to change for 1.04 English versions. NTL present, fulfills of 1835-9999 and searching interests 1-9999 to me.

thx