• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This made me look up "Adam's Bridge".

Once again I learn something new from a video game. Thanks Paradox.

Very excited for the new DLC!

As an owner of a GamersGate version, since new patches will not be compatible with that, when should we expect to hear some details about the future of the GG versions migrating to Steam? I'd ask in the proper thread, but it seems to be closed :(

As far as I have noticed, GG version owners should've already gotten a key? At least I saw some threads regarding those keys.

Double the map size? So it's not a fifty percent increase, then?

I'm curious to see the new interface and the new hats.

Very excited for the new DLC!

As an owner of a GamersGate version, since new patches will not be compatible with that, when should we expect to hear some details about the future of the GG versions migrating to Steam? I'd ask in the proper thread, but it seems to be closed :(

We gave you Steam keys a long time ago. You should have steam keys in your GG Library, if you can't find them contact customer support. Wouldn't want you to miss out on this awesome DLC.

What will happen to the speed of the game now that 100ths of new provinces are added which will all have courtiers? Won't this make the game very slow? How will this be fixed?

What will happen to the speed of the game now that 100ths of new provinces are added which will all have courtiers? Won't this make the game very slow? How will this be fixed?

A lot of time has been spent on optimizing the game, especially scripts. Memory usage has also been reduced. The increased performance demands shouldn't be too noticeable, maybe if you play constantly on speed 5.

A lot of time has been spent on optimizing the game, especially scripts. Memory usage has also been reduced. The increased performance demands shouldn't be too noticeable, maybe if you play constantly on speed 5.

Hope you guys remember to test late game performance, while making those optimizations. That's always the biggest problem.

Curious, any graphical improvement updates to the map?

Oh dear, does this mean I'll have to block automatic updates to continue playing the game? My computer can't really run the game with too many more provinces...
No, Groogy said we can use the prior patch instead, without the provinces. But that means this last patch will be the last patch until you get a new computer, since after that they will all have Rajas of India crap in them.

thank you so much for that!

One question: will there be Nestorians in Southern India?

Oh dear, does this mean I'll have to block automatic updates to continue playing the game? My computer can't really run the game with too many more provinces...

Turning off automatic updates is used when you don't want Steam to steal your network while you do something else on your PC. When you run the game, it will update the game as skipping the patching process is not he function's role.

Anyway, that won't be a problem. As answered in this tread:

2.1 will not be save compatible. BUT! We are not heartless and will provide a 2.0.x branch in Steam for everyone who wants to complete their saves.

Note: There are a lot of map changes, not just adding India but also some tweaks and changes in the nearby areas which would make saves impossible to make save compatible.

2. Since for Jainists there will be extra focus on having a stable and harmonious realm (and to a lesser extent the making of Siddartha proud with your teching), will some of the same flavour be made available to Christian realms? (*)

(*) Some corners of the Christian world in specific timeframes had a really high appreciation of learning. Think about the small-time renaissance brought about by Irish monks in 9-10th century, or even Cluny. Or, with less flare, the Benedictines. Ironically, crusader states weren't that bad at tolerance.

Cluny did get its own events in Sons of Abraham, as did Mount Athos :)

Turning off automatic updates is used when you don't want Steam to steal your network while you do something else. When you run the game, it will update as the function's purpose is not toallow users to skip patching of a game.

Anyway, that won't be a problem. As answered in this tread:
You missunderstand. I'm not worried about previous saves, I'm worried that the new provinces will overtax my computer and I won't be able to play the game anymore.

You can run CK2 without running steam.