• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I heard its April 1st week....which would be great as i will be a bit Richer to buy all the DLC's :D

Will CK2 be able to adapt 2.0.4 savegames to the extended map?

2.1 will not be save compatible. BUT! We are not heartless and will provide a 2.0.x branch in Steam for everyone who wants to complete their saves.

Note: There are a lot of map changes, not just adding India but also some tweaks and changes in the nearby areas which would make saves impossible to make save compatible.

Last edited:
So when can we expect Dev Diaries? :D

The map is looking well. I'm still curious about all the new features that are listed. When can we expect the dev diary?

Soon™

Hopefully within two weeks for a dev diary to magically appear.

Its difficult to tell given how little we saw, is this expanding the map to include India or is it merely giving us a new map. Either way, can't wait.

It expands the map, it ain't separate. They are joined together.

Hey Groogy! Since the converter will have to be reworked to take all these new titles, provinces, etc. into account, can we expect some new cool converter-related stuff? Like Miaphysites or personal unions? :D

Hey Groogy! Since the converter will have to be reworked to take all these new titles, provinces, etc. into account, can we expect some new cool converter-related stuff? Like Miaphysites or personal unions? :D

Probably not, I will mostly focus on getting the Indian content up and running with the converter, if time appears I will try to polish some stuff yes.

I love the music. But the video as a whole is honestly underwhelming, it even feels half-baked. Sorry to say this, I probably wouldn't to a small modding team, but this is a different case. Still looking forward to the DLC, though.

Also:

1. What's the intended meaning of 'pluralistic' in: 'its pluralistic religions; Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism?'
2. Since for Jainists there will be extra focus on having a stable and harmonious realm (and to a lesser extent the making of Siddartha proud with your teching), will some of the same flavour be made available to Christian realms? (*)
3. Any information about smaller accompanying DLC's like music, faces etc.?

(*) Some corners of the Christian world in specific timeframes had a really high appreciation of learning. Think about the small-time renaissance brought about by Irish monks in 9-10th century, or even Cluny. Or, with less flare, the Benedictines. Ironically, crusader states weren't that bad at tolerance.