• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The thread should be moved to the User Modifications topic, no?
I agree. @cion761: Please register your game (this is how)
I will move the thread.

P.S:
I also merged your 2 threads.

Update: Done with ALL BK lines except M (Mostly done with M). Just another snap of a lot of lines! Yall can see which. Peace!

73316_10200475214949871_2031502198_n.jpg

Update: Ok...attention...attention...Every subway line is NOW COMPLETE!! Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx and Manhattan. Now I will go in for minor details like connecting the Grand Central Shuttle to the 1-2-3 - 4-5-6 mainline, so they can be routed out if so desire. I will also be making switch points to connect the A & B division...have to research where they are. I will now explore the option of adding a yard or two, but this isn't a definite thing that will be in the finish project. If it fits, works well, and ALSO makes sense to have I will add it...even if it's just ONE yard. After a few adjustments I will test every line, and then start laying down some railroad tracks (should be done by days end). Ok, just wanted to leave an update! Peace!

149434_10200487247770684_1039036462_n.jpg

Jfk

Started work on JFK today. This building process is dope, but time consuming!!

Does anyone know how to fill in the grassy corners on runway turns etc? When I lay concrete it leaves grass around the edges.

Also, I have all expansion DLC, why isn't there more of a selection in buildings etc? When building a map, you don't have access to ALL objects?

538080_10200503425375114_795787355_n.jpg

Well done! Great progress!
1) In the props menu, under "decals" (I think..) you should have varius concrete blocks you can use to fill these blanks.
2) You can download "United World" mod by douglasrac. It will give you on one region all the buildings from all DLCs.

Well done! Great progress!
1) In the props menu, under "decals" (I think..) you should have varius concrete blocks you can use to fill these blanks.
2) You can download "United World" mod by douglasrac. It will give you on one region all the buildings from all DLCs.

I installed this mod, not sure if I did it correctly, I didn't know what to do with this file > United World 3.4.xlsx < IF it's supposed to be used...not sure. However, how can I tell if it worked? It doesn't seem like an enormous amount of content where it's obvious. I don't see the London Bridge for example...I just would have thought it would be more to use. I have to fill in 4 boroughs + some with buildings etc, and it looks like there will be A LOT of doubles and triples of the same thing block to block.

Do I need to use the Tokyo mod for Tokyo content or does this mod opens everything?

I installed this mod, not sure if I did it correctly, I didn't know what to do with this file > United World 3.4.xlsx < IF it's supposed to be used...not sure. However, how can I tell if it worked? It doesn't seem like an enormous amount of content where it's obvious. I don't see the London Bridge for example...I just would have thought it would be more to use. I have to fill in 4 boroughs + some with buildings etc, and it looks like there will be A LOT of doubles and triples of the same thing block to block.

Do I need to use the Tokyo mod for Tokyo content or does this mod opens everything?

United World 3.4.xlsx is an excel file with instructions for installation. Its just a readme file. You can open with OpenOffice if you don't have MS Excel.

You can tell if its working if you see UnitedWorld Day and UnitedWorld Night as regions to make maps on. In the menu.

There are zero duplicate objects in United World Mod. If you are seeing duplicated objects is due to another mod, usually Combined Mod by stevebone. If you use this mod, there are instructions in the excel file, on how to make them work together (its as simple as replacing a file, also inside the pack you already downloaded).

You will also need to change the region of your map, since you already started without United World Mod. To do that you must go to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Cities In Motion\maps. Find the *.scenario file of your map and edit with Notepad. Change the following line that can be similar to this:

$locationSetup = "metro/locations/austria";

Change it to:

If you want a DAY map:
$locationSetup = "addons/uniteddayworld/locations/uniteddayworld";

If you want a NIGHT map:
$locationSetup = "addons/unitednightworld/locations/unitednightworld";

You can also building everything during day, copy the map and paste only changing this line in this file. SO you can distribute your map as DAY or NIGHT version.
Buildings will automatically be replaced with their versions with lights.

United World 3.4.xlsx is an excel file with instructions for installation. Its just a readme file. You can open with OpenOffice if you don't have MS Excel.

You can tell if its working if you see UnitedWorld Day and UnitedWorld Night as regions to make maps on. In the menu.

There are zero duplicate objects in United World Mod. If you are seeing duplicated objects is due to another mod, usually Combined Mod by stevebone. If you use this mod, there are instructions in the excel file, on how to make them work together (its as simple as replacing a file, also inside the pack you already downloaded).

You will also need to change the region of your map, since you already started without United World Mod. To do that you must go to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Cities In Motion\maps. Find the *.scenario file of your map and edit with Notepad. Change the following line that can be similar to this:

$locationSetup = "metro/locations/austria";

Change it to:

If you want a DAY map:
$locationSetup = "addons/uniteddayworld/locations/uniteddayworld";

If you want a NIGHT map:
$locationSetup = "addons/unitednightworld/locations/unitednightworld";

You can also building everything during day, copy the map and paste only changing this line in this file. SO you can distribute your map as DAY or NIGHT version.
Buildings will automatically be replaced with their versions with lights.

Thanks for the help! However, I did what you said, and the map will not load. At first it crashed the game, then I thought, I just copied and pasted what you typed here and that's not the directory to the file...boom, that's why the game crashed. I changed it to "addons/uniteddayworld" and this time the map began to load but I quickly got an error and the game pretty much sat in the splash screen where the cable cars ride back and forth. I moved files around and created folders so that the directory fit what you typed above and still got the same error. What is or am I doing wrong? :(

FYI: Thanks for telling me what to look for to see if the mod works, I did see the day and night map...so I guess it does work.

Is there a tutorial on how to make tunnels for railroad lines? I wish it was as easy as making metro tunnels. I'm having the hardest time. When I start the tunnel its either too high or extremely low underground. Help please..

Ok, I used the "All Buildings on one map" mod, and that worked. I see a lot more options. Not sure if it added london buildings or not, or if it's better than Unitedworld (maybe one of you can tell me).

Another question, which portion of the station has to be named for the game to register it as a station stop when adding stops?

Last edited:
Is there anyone out there? Can someone help me, I'm having a tough time building bridges. Well, the downgrade into the street is the problem, how do CIM goes from a downgrade perfectly into a ave etc and it seems I have to stretch mine out for miles before the downgrade is complete enough to connect? I know how to raise the ground and even it out, but when I do that and try to connect the roads it STILL brings the "lowered road" I made back up high again... :(

I don't understand your issue exactly, but it definitely needs some practice till you learn the logic of building roads connecting points on different heights.

I don't understand your issue exactly, but it definitely needs some practice till you learn the logic of building roads connecting points on different heights.

I mean, this isn't my first rodeo...I've used Sims like this for years. I think this is difficult for many with CIM (IMO) because there aren't ANY videos or tutorials on making bridges, ramps etc. There's one video on how to make roads up hill but that's easy.

Getting the correct road\railroad tunnel is a bit problematic. You should completely level the terrain where you want to build the tunnel, remember that both of the tunnel exits must be on the same level.

Getting the correct road\railroad tunnel is a bit problematic. You should completely level the terrain where you want to build the tunnel, remember that both of the tunnel exits must be on the same level.

Thanks, tried this several times over, and I see I have to fabricate things more than I want to to get things to work. So, some of my NYC map will not be so realistic.

More JFK work.
529895_10200598737837866_719775506_n.jpg

I need a little help.

I installed the united world mod but I don't have access to the U.S. Cities stuff, ex: Grand Central station and Empire State building. Does anyone know why?

I noticed another mod Useditor which offers the US Cities stuff, but when I install it and try to open my map the game crashes. The mod works when I start a new game in sandbox, but not when I use map editor. When I try to create a new map (mod installed) the map never loads, and as I stated my NYC map just crashes all together.

Can these mods be used together? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for anyones response!

Update: In the process of naming ALL stations with correct names etc. Also, I have laid A LOT of street in Manhattan as you can see by the grey lines. Central Park laid also. It's coming along.

285600_10200623204689522_1829874819_n.jpg

Last edited:
Do you own the US expansion?
If not, then you can't use the US buildings even with this mod.
The log_metro.txt file from loading the map could be helpful.
BTW, what is this "other mod" you mentioned? We can't help you without knowing the name of the mod.