• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everybody!

Iron Fist version 1.471 is now available for download.

Fixed various minor bugs encountered when playing as the nation Germany.
Improved the conditions for developing many events.

Anticipation of changes:

Version 1.471
9 March 2023

-- Fixed error in trigger conditions for Germany event 3136490, "Adolf Hitler besieged in his bunker (The last days)"
in the "German_HQ.txt" file.
-- Improved trigger conditions for Germany event 379933, "SS Upgrade (SS-Division Das Reich)" in the "waffen_SS.txt"
file.
-- Improved trigger conditions for Germany event 379938, "SS Upgrade (4. SS-Polizei-Panzergrenadier-Division)" in
the "waffen_SS.txt" file.
-- Improved trigger conditions for Germany event 379946, "SS Unit Formation (11. SS-Panzergrenadier-Div. Nordland)" in
the "waffen_SS.txt" file.
-- Improved trigger conditions for Germany event 3136404, "Upgrade "Regiment 'Großdeutschland'" to "Division
'Großdeutschland'"" in the "Germany_Elite.txt" file.
-- Improved trigger conditions for Germany event 3136427, "Form "Fall.Pz.Gdr.Div 2 'Hermann Göring'"" in the
"Germany_Elite.txt" file.
-- Improved description text for german event 3136502, "Infanterie-Division model 45" in file
"Germany_desperate_war.txt".
-- Improved description text for german event 3136503, "Infanterie-Division model 47" in file
-- Improved description text for german event 3136504, "Infanterie-Division model 51" in file
-- Added new models images for the german 1947 mechanized division.
-- Added new models images for the german 1951 mechanized division.
-- Improved event invention 8079, "Infanterie-Division model 1944" in "Required_tech_events.txt" file.
-- Improved trigger conditions for Germany event 3136500, "Reorganizing infantry divisions in the model 1944?"
in the "Germany_desperate_war.txt" file.
-- Remove Germany event 3136501, "Infanterie-Division model 44" in the "Germany_desperate_war.txt" file.
-- x 4 times -- Modified 4 model picture for generics infantry division, 1944, 1945, 1947 and 1945.

Have fun.

Boulvard.

1641465828702.png

April 21, 1945 near Bautzen, East Germany.

Hasso von Manteuffel: << But are you perhaps crazy? trying to stop the Russians at the gates of Bautzen will be like going to hell! >>

Lukas von Mazzückler: << Is not hell the place where people like us have to stay? >>

After the battle, no one ever saw him again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Im trying to install this mod, I get stuck in properties when it says I should change icon, I dont seem to be able to change icon to Iron Fur. How do I do it?
Select the shortcut created on the desktop, (named IRON FIST) select properties, then click the change icon button.

Cambia icona = change icon

2023-05-15 17_17_00-Window.jpg

Located in the main "Arsenal of Democracy" folder you will find the 'IRÖN FIST.ico' file.

Sfoglia = browse (I believe but not sure)

2023-05-15 17_18_19-Window.jpg

And select it.

2023-05-15 17_17_48-Window.jpg

Let me know if you succeeded.

Reactions:
Nope, still no luck. I made sure settings.cfg had the same numbers as my (working) AoD installation. Still I get this critical error "Could not initialize video" even though intro is disabled. Maybe tomorrow...
This is due to compatibility not being set to 16-bit. Please right click on aod.xed and set reduced colour mode to 16bit
1693566709392.png

Reactions:
Hello everyone.

I haven't forgotten about all of you, you have given me so much satisfaction, how could I forget? ;)
I'm preparing a truly gigantic patch that fixes many minor or stupid issues found while playing Iron Fist.
The game has been without serious errors since a few patches before the last one, version 1.471, so these are only further improvements, serious errors that compromise a game have fortunately no longer been found.
The MOD is free of serious errors since version 1.225.
I was also preparing full translations into French, German and Russian, but the amount of work is such that they won't be ready by the end of 2024.
In a few weeks, maybe a month, the giant patch will arrive.

A warm greeting to all of you.

Boulvard

1641465828702.png

Hasso von Manteuffel: << But are you perhaps crazy? trying to stop the Russians at the gates of Bautzen will be like going to hell! >>

Lukas von Mazzückler: << Is not hell the place where people like us have to stay? >>

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Hello everyone.

I haven't forgotten about all of you, you have given me so much satisfaction, how could I forget? ;)
I'm preparing a truly gigantic patch that fixes many minor or stupid issues found while playing Iron Fist.
The game has been without serious errors since a few patches before the last one, version 1.471, so these are only further improvements, serious errors that compromise a game have fortunately no longer been found.
The MOD is free of serious errors since version 1.225.
I was also preparing full translations into French, German and Russian, but the amount of work is such that they won't be ready by the end of 2024.
In a few weeks, maybe a month, the giant patch will arrive.

A warm greeting to all of you.

Boulvard

1641465828702.png

Looking forward to it. Do keep us updated :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello everyone.

I apologize for the delay but I'm always active with my work, I'm a perfectionist, I want the game to be ok for the next PATCH.
Unfortunately the translations into the various languages were a rip-off, all those who were supposed to help me (some even paid) disappeared leaving me like an idiot holding a handful of flies.
Next time I'll be smarter.
I'm running the final tests for the upcoming PATCH 1.611.
Then finally I will publish everything with some news in support of the game, PDF files with the commanders of some nations to know which ones reach the maximum level 9 and the others go lower.
PATCH 1.611 will be gigantic with fixes (nothing serious) and a lot of new features including a serious rebalancing of the forces in the field to make everything more historical.
Have a little more patience.

See you soon.

Boulvard.

1709588993038.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
cool...looking forward to it....will release be affect by upcoming 1.13 patch plus please be clear on how to install (i know you been clear in whats need to be done in past)...mostly what version oc AOD we need...patch 1.10...1.11...1.12....etc...glad you posted and ty for keep on working on mod

Reactions:
cool...looking forward to it....will release be affect by upcoming 1.13 patch plus please be clear on how to install (i know you been clear in whats need to be done in past)...mostly what version oc AOD we need...patch 1.10...1.11...1.12....etc...glad you posted and ty for keep on working on mod
Hello.

A version no higher than 1.11 will be needed.
Iron Fist already incorporates version 1.11 and therefore no patches need to be installed, the base game is enough.
Installing Iron Fist takes it to version 1.11.
Iron Fist is not compatible with other versions higher than 1.11.
In the past I tried to install version 1.12 but it was a failure.
The game was not balanced between the power ratios, the German was extremely powerful and there was no way to balance him, for this reason I did not incorporate patch 1.12.
And I don't trust incorporating other patches given the experience with 1.12.
When unzipping the Iron Fist file, I always put inside it a file called "READ_ME.TXT" in English.
This file explains everything in every step on how to install Iron Fist.
Czarina Julie helped me create this file in English and it's pretty clear I think.
However, for any clarification, just ask, there is no problem.

Last edited:
And I don't trust incorporating other patches given the experience with 1.12.
Ah, why not? :rolleyes:
Actually I totally understand why.

In the future, if you need any help porting it to 1.13, just let me know. I'll be posting a new AoD build up on the developer site (probably the last before releasing a public beta). You still have access to it. However (IMO), I think you should not waste any time on an Irön Fist 1.13, but wait for the 1.14 map update. That will probably be my last AoD release I'll work on and would be available to help.

• 1Like
Reactions:
ah...yes...in the past i just revert AOD to 1.11 then carefully installed the mod...havent played it since i got a new laptop...was waiting for next version and i sure loading the game will go way faster. I DO HOPE 1.13 comes with a mod launcher like DH does althought it wouldnt be usefull for boulvard mod since his mod needs 1.11...but will be usefull if he able to port it to 1.14. LACK of mod launcher and NEW MAP were the biggest things that stopped AOD from being as popular as DH i think. TY FOR YOU HARD WORK:)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not sure if I'll get to updating the AoD launcher with the mod code or even update it for the 1.13 release. I've had to push some items into the 1.14 release and the launcher is one of them. I did update the HOI/AoD/DH editor because I needed it to save time updating the the technology screens and to support the additional new Support/Auxiliary technology screen. It and other things will be in the new ModSupport directory.

Here's a small list of things pushed into 1.14:
• All intelligence tab tasks
• SOF unit logic & operations in enemy provinces
• 'Stationing' flying bombs (will be missiles on guided missile destroyers...DDGs) and rockets/V-2s on SSBs & SSBNs

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ah, why not? :rolleyes:
Actually I totally understand why.

In the future, if you need any help porting it to 1.13, just let me know. I'll be posting a new AoD build up on the developer site (probably the last before releasing a public beta). You still have access to it. However (IMO), I think you should not waste any time on an Irön Fist 1.13, but wait for the 1.14 map update. That will probably be my last AoD release I'll work on and would be available to help.
ah...yes...in the past i just revert AOD to 1.11 then carefully installed the mod...havent played it since i got a new laptop...was waiting for next version and i sure loading the game will go way faster. I DO HOPE 1.13 comes with a mod launcher like DH does althought it wouldnt be usefull for boulvard mod since his mod needs 1.11...but will be usefull if he able to port it to 1.14. LACK of mod launcher and NEW MAP were the biggest things that stopped AOD from being as popular as DH i think. TY FOR YOU HARD WORK:)

Hello my friends! :)

There are 2 things that scare me about porting Iron Fist to version 1.13/1.14.

1. The balance of forces that gets unbalanced and I have to do hundreds of tests and hard work to rebalance, this was very clear to me with 1.12.
2. Radical game changes compared to 1.11 and then more hard work to insert the new patches correctly.

These are the main reasons.
My only beta tester is tired and so am I, I don't know if we will have the energy and desire to work on these patches.
I would like to, but I am aware of more hard work to do.
You are all kind to me, you are understanding and even helped me, like Czarina Julie, Best Major, deadmanhope and PB-DK did, but you always have to consider one thing: "I did everything by myself and with the help of a beta tester only".
I will take into account your desire for an Iron Fist at patch version 1.14, but I can't guarantee anything, we're a little tired.