• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
and with the plane's do you use the spitfires in the normal fighters research? because the dutch 322 dutch sqaudron used first the mark 5 and later on mark 9 spitfires

For the fighters I used the Fokker G.I, the Fokker D.XXIII and De Schelde S.21. I even added the Fokker D.XXIV as a late jet fighter. Although this plane was never build, neither was De Schelde S.21. The Spitfires and Hurricanes, I fear, aren't Dutch enough to take precedence over Fokker and Koolhoven. In the same fashion I replaced the basic Naval Bomber from a Martin to a Fokker T.VIII.

I'll take a look at the Colossus-class and see for myself. But it's likely going to be a level 3 or 4 model. I'll see if the land forts have yet to be added in the 1939 scenario.

yeah allright about the fighters you don't want this mod to be fully historic ? because when holland is occuiped by the germans the germans used fokker to build german planes. the choose of name's for the plane's is just verry good. but is Fokker T.VIIIW to be exact :D and what is the plan after that PBY catalina's? and something more holland didn't always used fokker of koolhoven plane's for the dutch east indies they bought buffalo brwesters so why not use any foreighn planes?

C&D said:
I think the Wonsstelling could be worth it, since it was actually only a part of the Kornwederzand kazemat. From what I read it did what it was build to do: cover retreating forces and break up German attacks. All of the attacks against it failed. Five reconaisance units fled immediately upon encouter, with the fifth only delaying until night to avoid drawing attention from the artillery. Germany's artillery trains couldn't get past one of the sabotaged bridges, which meant they could not concentrate their larger guns on the fortification. The bombs of the Stukas were inadequate against the cement of Kornwederzand. And the light artillery of the Germans could be retaliated against from the line itself. There was also a gunship nearby which further disrupted Germany's assault by making them believe that its naval gunfire was coming directly from the fort itself, making it seem far more advanced than the Germans believed.

Kornwederzand thus seems about right for a level 1 or 2 fort in Friesland. But what I'd like to know is when all these fortifications were build. I don't want to just insert land forts for the 1936 scenario of they didn't exist yet, and weren't even under construction. If someone has the dates on when construction was started and when they were ready (or at least when you could consider them to be useable) I'd like to know them.

About the carriers. I think that means they are both Light Carriers. Is it worth naming a Light Carrier model when none of them are currently named in the game?

Fact is, the Germans already had Friesland, they just coudn't get onto the "bridge to Holland". It sound more, to me, like a fortress for Holland than a fortress for Friesland (which was, apart from Kornwerderzand, completely occupied). Adding a landfort to Friesland seems wrong to me, in this sense. A landfort or two for Holland could be more appropriate.

yeah i agree with eelse, and the landfort in eindhoven province should have 1 land fortification because the peel-raamstelling wasn't that a hell of a defensifline it was online to delay the germans so dutch troops could retreat to zeeland or fort holland

I agree on Eindhoven for most part, also because it was the Achilles Heel of the whole defense. But that was because the Belgian and Dutch defenses did not join at the border, Belgium insisted on a defense centered about the Albert canal. I think the 1938 campaign has the land forts placed in Eindhoven and Utrecht, but I can't remember their levels. I'll take a look at that.

all right, what you are saying about the defence problems with belgium you are right maybe an event about the secret meeting between the dutch, belgium and france. they had a meeting about closing the defence lines on to eachother. there was agreed about a line from breda to raamsdonkveer if i am correct.but it only existed on paper.

Okay, 1938 campaign has 1 level in Eindhoven and 2 levels in swampy Utrecht. The 1939 campaign, on the other hand, has no forts. But in 1938 there are no naval bases in Soerabaja.

The 'river' connection between Friesland and Holland is probably more than a penalty for crossing troops than just a land fort, so that means there might not be a need for a land fort in Amsterdam perse. But they should be added in Eindhoven and Utrecht for the 1939 scenario. But I'm going to get back on Eindhoven, would an airbase be a good idea for it? Historically it was the first designated LVA base and would grow into an airport still used nowaday (me and my dad flew to Stanstet (sp?) from there). The Germans also utilised it I think.

I already mentioned it earlier, but the island of Java will need an overhaul. Soerabaja naval bases should be added were absent. But there was also a waterplane airfield here (Morokrembangan. Does this mean an airfield here should also be placed?

Batavia also has an airfield (size 3) but was historically left unused after the KNIL stopped using floatplanes.

Also, one should not forget Tjilatjap. It was only developed in 1940, as a tertiary supply base in case the Java Sea was occupied by enemies. It recieved a couple of shore guns, but had no anti-air whatsoever. And the naval base was of inferior quality, despite the hard work. This would be a low level naval base (no more than 3 I think)

I only wonder if and coastal defence should be added to Soerabaja. It was certainly planned to 'add' a gun enplacement on a reef using an old cruiser gun from the Jacob van Heemskerk. Whether this means there had already been guns of forts I don't know. I also need to look into the defenses of Sumatra island. Here's also I site where I got my info from.

http://www.netherlandsnavy.nl/

for the gameplay it maybe beter to use coastalfortifications to fight the japs. because if your are thrown of the european mainland you want to hold on to your last important base. when i play the game i build coastalforts all around java just to defend myself. so i can play longer. maybe you should make an event so everybody can choose if they want a coastal defence

and about the plane's i believe that the best dutch fighter at the first days of may was the fokker g1 even the germans kept some for them selves while the caputerd d21's were send to finland. to bad most of the G1's were destroyd at the ground

i don't found it either but there was an airfield on western borneo. and in jokjakarta not very lage i think but there were not so big .and to the site i mententiond erlier go2war2 the dutch KNIL airforce was largly stationd at Java

I had just found a good site, but now it's exceeded its data limit. What I was able to learn is that there was a hidden base in Samarinda, covered with four anti-air artillery guns, machine guns, about 5 Brewster Buffalos and some Martin naval bombers.

And there was a naval aviation base in Pontianak. Not dissimilar from that of Samarinda, but likely not as secret. There was no information when these were constructed.

I wouldn't be able to program an exe install for the mod. I could use zip instead if necessary. But for now I will keep it as it is untill I can get a version 1.1. Should someone be capable of making an install program I'll give them permission to make one. But for now though the mod is still expected to change.

About karel doorman he was actually a rear admiral during ww2 its an error in hoi2 that he is added he died during the battle at javasea fighting a japanese invasion fleet in 1942.

In dutch

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_Doorman

For all non dutch speaking members

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karel_Doorman

Also about prins bernard i dont know about adding him but if he is added you should make him an air leader.

Slakziesig: I think an event could be added to allow the Netherlands to get claims on Belgium, Luxembourg and French Flanders if it gets a Paternal Autocratic or further right winged government.

german general: You're right about Doorman. But in the battle for the Java Sea he commanded 17 ships. Although taking in consideration destroyers in HOI2 are not necessarily individual, he would be over his command limit as Rear-Admiral if he could have led ABDACOM in game. That, and when he entered the battle of the Java Sea his star was still rising. His death brought an abrupt halt to that. :(

I once again ask for assistance with the location of KNIL bases in Indonesia, especially outside Java. The east coast of Borneo seems to have been scattered with airbases. But I don't want little insignificant airfields in all provinces, I'd like to have a more complete scope on all major bases of the Dutch. And hopefully the years of when they became operational.

my actual point was that it would be a little strange to get a ship named after a commander who hasnt even died yet