• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
C&D said:
I'm not so sure about calling divisions 'Jager' or 'Grenadier'. To the game, those terms make no difference and who knows what's in those bland infantry divisions anyways?

Of course they make no difference, but they add a bit of flavour to the OOB, while still being somewhat realistic.

Dutch Rommel said:
marine division Michiel de Ruyter

A nick that was also used by the 49th SS Frw.Grenadier Regiment :D

I would rather choose the name 'van Ghent' for a Marine division, de Willem Joseph Baron van Ghent was the first commander of the 'regiment de Marine' in the 17th century

Other possible nick-names for infantry divisions might be
'Quatre-Bras'
'Chasse'
'Prins Frederik'

For cavalry
'Boreel'

"No, no, it's not dead! It's resting. There, it moved!"
"No you idiot, that was you pushing the cage."

Anyway, I am still on it but maybe I do get a bit sidetracked. The biggest problem right now is that if I'm going to be honest and correct the dates on which leaders are promoted and became available, the army and navy are going to be totally gutted and the airfoce would be nearly leaderless.

Especially the navy leaders will become available when it's too late. Even Admiral Furstner isn't going to be much good when you first get him.

Bax and van Boetzelaar for example disappear, van Asbeck becomes available in 1951, Brouwer in 1946, Jolles in 1939. I do have a few I can add, but they're from the post-war period. As you see, it deprives the country of leadership when it's needed and certainly doesn't allow any early adventures.
And after the cuts I made in the army, I'm not sure if it's wise to weaken the rest as well.

But where was I? Oh yeah!
"Beautiful plumage aye?"
"The plumage doesn't figure into my lad, it's stone dead."

C&D said:
"The plumage doesn't figure into my lad, it's stone dead."

Never understoood that sentence. love monty python, in case someone was wondering.

Anyway, playing as Netherlands right now. Got a SHBB! now fighting the Japanese. Doesn't really need improvement. I can name the ships and divisions myself. There aren't many you know.

Only thing i'm doing is making "gearing up for war" events for all countries in the game. I think thats fair

It's alive! :D

*Ahem* Anyway, I wanted to say that since I decided to not change the naval leaders and air leaders, only adding things there, my dilemma is over. I now have something that's close to a working mod, but it needs testing. I'll do it myself anyway, but for today that will be hard since I'll be away and tonight the C: will have to be formatted.

Of course if some people don't mind playing an untested version and wish to help test it for bugs, I'll send it over for you. I'm not certain if I got everything complete now and if it works, but that's the logic behind testing, right? Just make a post here if you think you are lucky and I'll see if I can send the mod rar over e-mail.

Testing is proceeding with mixed results. I eliminated several problems, but I think the scenario changes still need to be straightened out to the letter. A tedious process of analysing microscopic detail.

I've tried modding several times to make the dutch a bit stronger, gave them claims on flandres and beefed up some of the techteams and leaders seriously (also copied the 'dutch' names of the belgium leaders to Holland so u dont run out of leaders when ure army gets bigger)

Usually most games ended in 1940 wher you'll have to choose between joining the axis or allies as the DOW by Germany in may '40 is hardcoded, unless ure willing to play with occupied home prov's the game pretty much ends ther:(

I' ve noticed over several games that you really need to beef up the manpower, IC leaders and techs. I now have a scenario starting in '30 which when u build forts straight away along all borders you have an actual chanche of stopping the Germans in vanilla ARMA. By '40 I had groningen, gelre lvl 8 forts and the rest 6. I'n my current game I barely managed to stop the Germans to beat them in '42 when the russians stepped in , very funny actually to play holland as a superpower. I allied with Portugal, rep. Spain, Italy and made Siam a puppet even before the war started, all with a starting IC of 60 in '30. This gives germany a 3 front war straight away a gives you a chance of surviving.

Now my 8 carrier 12 battleship :rofl: (ahistorical) fleet is battling the Japs who are at war with the rest of the world. still getting my ass kicked in China though.

Ill try ure scen 2 , its nice thats its historical but it aint enough to stop the gerries rite?
:wacko:

Well, BeNeLux is quite underpowered with manpower. That's a shame as it makes them very weak.

yep, I ended up tripling the mp in the home-prov's and even that wasn't enough, good thing some refugees arrived by event 1007 :D

I'm tempted to try to beat the Germans as Netherland + Flanders on normal (with modded manpower and small other modifications) now.. Will have to wait after my ongoing France game. ;)