• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is 1.10 the last version where interfaith marriage was possible? I've sort of lost interest for a while due to this standing issue (and others i came across during my mod work), but i may roll back to an earlier version (not Steam, so it is possible for me).

No, it was version before, it was 1.092 or something like that. The patch that changed things, was the patch which came with TOG (1.10).

It sucks that we have been ignored for several months and that paradox are making misleading changelogs
Do you really think Paradox empoys some kind of evil mastermind that's responsible for phrasing the changelogs with the intent to "mislead" as many customers as possible?

Do you really think Paradox empoys some kind of evil mastermind that's responsible for phrasing the changelogs with the intent to "mislead" as many customers as possible?

No, but i think i shows that they clearly aren't paying attention to us when they make a changelog like that, without realizing that it would look like they fixed the forum's biggest complaint.

Interfaith Marriage Ban is not enough! Interrace Marriage Ban is the way to go!

And while we are at it....InterCulture Marriage Ban!

Yeah!

No more African Irish or Mongol English that practice Norse!

In fact, let's have everybody marry their siblings. No interfamily marriage!

Thats right!

How dare Paradox even consider limiting something based on its historical likelihood! Do they honestly suppose that a brother and sister never got married?! Ridiculous! It happened so I should be able to do it if I want!

Which Patch is this with? Because as a duke of Sicily, one of my Catholic Counts in North Africa had a muslim wife.

It seems to me that the interfaith marriages are actually quite commonplace in the game, made by the AI. I think, you can always marry a courtier of yours. The courts in newly conquered territories will generate the members of dominate culture and religion, so they have often people of different faiths who the counts and barons will marry when supposedly can't find anybody else (we all know how stupid marriages AI can make). And, there are the exiles, who can end up in weird places and be married to rulers or (courtiers, who can end up rulers).

So, the interfaith marriages seem to be possible, but in the way want it. What we basically want is to be able to marry people of importance and power with other faiths, for prestige reasons but especially for alliance reasons, protection etc., no to mention the roleplay element. And, lieges of different faith will not accept marriages.

To your question: The patch which encouraged this thread by imposing the ban was 1.10. Even though there are interfaith marriages in the games, at least in recent patches, the biggest problem is still very much there.

No, it was version before, it was 1.092 or something like that. The patch that changed things, was the patch which came with TOG (1.10).

Basically, reverting to an old patch is an inadvisable option, seeing as it removes any Pagan or Zoroastrian playability, and removes the 867 start date...

Of course, I don't really believe I would ever revert to an old patch. Even if the removal of interfaith marriages frustrates me greatly, and there is a practically universal agreement that allowing marriages is a far better option, I still believe that the marriage issue will be fixed soon.

At the moment there are two "cheating" ways of getting around the marriage block. For unlanded characters, you can simply use the move command to get them in your court and then you can do what you please with them. For landed characters, or those you don't necessarily want in your court, you have to use the negative diplomacy command to send the marriage proposal, then you have to use the play command to switch to that character and accept the proposal, then switch back to your original character (all done while paused).

Count me in. Pagan Grand Duke Gediminas, married off his daughters to Catholic and Orthodox rulers. His Pagan sons also married Orthodox princesses. Pagan Grand Duke Jogaila married Catholic queen and became the King of Poland. Now reality was that Pagan spouses were baptised most of the time. It does not mean though that they abandoned their faith though. I know that there were Muslim and Catholic marriages too.

At the moment there are two "cheating" ways of getting around the marriage block. For unlanded characters, you can simply use the move command to get them in your court and then you can do what you please with them. For landed characters, or those you don't necessarily want in your court, you have to use the negative diplomacy command to send the marriage proposal, then you have to use the play command to switch to that character and accept the proposal, then switch back to your original character (all done while paused).

Or you can set up a plot to tag someone as a prospective spouse

then another plot to marry them off to the target.

Useful when the target is in an unplayable realm

A plot solution? That's interesting.

"My liege, one of your Drunkard counts has revealed a plot to "fix Paradox oversight"! What does that even mean? Sincerely, your Spymaster."

+1, but let me just say this as well about general programmatic limitations PI places in their games in general.

I think as a "sandbox" game with historical accuracies and not just a forced historical "enactment". It is imperative that the player be given free reign to do what he/she likes particularly on sensitive issues such as moral/race/religion. Of course if you history freaks wants it more accurate, I would suggest it to be done by way of negative impacts that one must take to impose "modern thinking" in the old-world that are an accurate depiction of what the bunch of discriminatory potheads back then thinks. Programmatic strict limitations does reflect poorly on the developers precisely because these are sensitive issues even today that shouldn't happen.

I for one can't wait to get discriminated against and achieve some sweet payback and try and enforce my modern day thinking a few centuries earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.