• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
headsup:

The reason why there are quite a number of playable countries missing is because of the LAG issue: The lag issue is the slight delay that happens at the end of every day as the game computes the changes for the next day's play. By having less playable countries, you can minimise the LAG. Also the mod was concentrated on the major countries only.

A previous version has a new EU scenario by generalgalibaldi. I removed this as I just wanted to get the main game sorted. But his scenario is good and would be a useful addition. But of course, it is totally up to you now. Cheers

@ DreadGrunt - OK Dread, if you can fix the nation I mentioned then that'd be cool. I don't think I'd need to give you anymore files right?

@ Nova - I see, well that's OK with me. I'll focus on fixing the countries that are available to play with first, then afterwards I'll start trying to fix the unplayable ones. Regarding the mod. Who is the actual owner of this mod? Is it you Nova or Strikesback?

@ DreadGrunt - OK Dread, if you can fix the nation I mentioned then that'd be cool. I don't think I'd need to give you anymore files right?

@ Nova - I see, well that's OK with me. I'll focus on fixing the countries that are available to play with first, then afterwards I'll start trying to fix the unplayable ones. Regarding the mod. Who is the actual owner of this mod? Is it you Nova or Strikesback?

novapaddy = ModDayScenario2, because the idea was to have a login which could be passed on to the next "manager" of the mod. So ModDayScenario2 was the manager-login, and I would give it to the next guy when I got tired of improving the mod.

Modern Day Scenario is an old HOI2 mod for HOI2.

novapaddy ported the mod to Darkest Hour.
novapaddy then spent about 18 months working on improving the mod, adding an AI (none), images for techs etc etc. This was for all the versions up to MDSv3.1

Then novapaddy decided to make a clean break from the old MDS and started novapaddysMDS, which involved dumping most of the old techs and adding hundreds of new techs, images, AI, etc etc. This is why the mod thread was renamed to novapaddysMDS, although all the older mod versions were still in the first page. The other idea was to bring the MDS mod closer to Darkest Hour as well. This is why some of the units previously available were not continued with. Those new techs involved lots of research on the US armed forces, since they make this stuff public. I always tried to keep the mod unbiased towards any one nation, so no US / China / Russian bias, even the AI for them all is the same.

The problem with doing a modern day scenario is that guys argue over whatever you do. You can please no-one in the end, so you just have to please yourself.

I'm very happy that you are taking over the mod as I had run out of steam and I want to do other stuff.
I don't mind you starting a new thread, as hopefully you will get guys (and you already are) to help you improve the mod. Just be careful as some contributions are very biased and other times break what you have already done.

So yes I "owned" the mod since I did 90% of the work on it. But of course, we all own the mod and in the end paradox owns everything.

Now hopefully, the mod is yours. Best of Luck!

novapaddy = ModDayScenario2, because the idea was to have a login which could be passed on to the next "manager" of the mod. So ModDayScenario2 was the manager-login, and I would give it to the next guy when I got tired of improving the mod.

Modern Day Scenario is an old HOI2 mod for HOI2.

novapaddy ported the mod to Darkest Hour.
novapaddy then spent about 18 months working on improving the mod, adding an AI (none), images for techs etc etc. This was for all the versions up to MDSv3.1

Then novapaddy decided to make a clean break from the old MDS and started novapaddysMDS, which involved dumping most of the old techs and adding hundreds of new techs, images, AI, etc etc. This is why the mod thread was renamed to novapaddysMDS, although all the older mod versions were still in the first page. The other idea was to bring the MDS mod closer to Darkest Hour as well. This is why some of the units previously available were not continued with. Those new techs involved lots of research on the US armed forces, since they make this stuff public. I always tried to keep the mod unbiased towards any one nation, so no US / China / Russian bias, even the AI for them all is the same.

The problem with doing a modern day scenario is that guys argue over whatever you do. You can please no-one in the end, so you just have to please yourself.

I'm very happy that you are taking over the mod as I had run out of steam and I want to do other stuff.
I don't mind you starting a new thread, as hopefully you will get guys (and you already are) to help you improve the mod. Just be careful as some contributions are very biased and other times break what you have already done.

So yes I "owned" the mod since I did 90% of the work on it. But of course, we all own the mod and in the end paradox owns everything.

Now hopefully, the mod is yours. Best of Luck!

@ Derekg46 - OK, well is it possible for you to post screen shots of your files? Its just that I am very cautious right now about dl anything else because I had something malicious appear last night, so I had to scan my whole system. This goes out to everyone, if you are sending me files. Please make sure that you scan it first, otherwise we'll be passing each other a virus.

@ Nova - I see, well no problem. I'll try my best to make sure that your vision is achieved, through my efforts and those who wish to help. Right now I'm more than happy with doing the ministers on my own because having this split between so many people may just in the end up muddling everything up and we'll end up again with an incompatible version of MDS. Right now, I'm testing everything day by day to may sure that everything works. OK, the loading up time of the game my take longer, but as long as it works then that's fine by me.

UPDATE!! OK guys, I've just finished Thailand's ministers. I will list up the status of each country as I go along here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?777626-Modern-Day-Scenario-DH-1.03-Compatible/page2 :excl:

Last edited:
@ everyone - nvm I've found it now.

@ DreadGrunt - How's it going with the editing of that anomaly I found yesterday in Africa? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
on one version of nova's mds2, has a couple of tech problems, don't know if it's fixed or not

@derekg36 - OK I'll check your work out.

@killersandwich1 - I'm not sure what you mean? If you mean the tech teams then yes they have been fixed for the major countries. Thing with this mod is that it takes ages to load up and sometimes you might think it has crashed. But if you press the windows key then you'l see that its still running. Just takes a while. If you can recall what it was that you were having problems with, then I can take a look at it.

Last edited:

OK derekg36 - I've checked out what your doing and it looks good. However, is it possible if you can put the contents of your thread onto this thread to save confusion. I would like everything about this mod placed into this thread please so that at least we're all co-ordinating properly. Also, have you made or modded a single country before? If you have, then let me know because I've got a job for you.

@ everyone - OK here is the latest update.

I've now turned this:

Into this:

Ministerial Section

More updates on the way ;)

Last edited:
Hello everyone!
This mod is amazing! therefore, I started making new icons for the game!
currently only have done the work corresponding to Spain!
but in the future, I will work more countries gradually:):)
for which you want, I'll post it here::happy:

THIS IS THE MODELS FOLDER LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6n7rhis5f864xvj/models.rar

THIS IS THE MODELS.CSV FILE ( ONLY COPY THE REFERENT TO SPAIN ):
http://www.mediafire.com/view/exq2eaq0o2lkg12/models.csv

HERE SOME SCREENSHOTS:
-BMR MOT BRIG:

-LEOPARD2A4:

-ATTACK HELICOPTER:

-F18HORNET:

-CHINOOK C47 TRANSHELICOPTER:

-PRINCIPE ASTURIAS CVE:

-AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE

Look at it AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!!:happy::happy:

san felipe ok there you have my post on your thread

I am willing to work in graphic section. I wish I could do more but I haven't enough knowledge to make a mod

currently I only know to do what you see :rolleyes:

Last edited:

I am willing to work in graphic section. I wish I could do more but I have enough knowledge to make a mod

currently I only know to do what you see :rolleyes:

I am willing to work in graphic section. I wish I could do more but I have enough knowledge to make a mod

Wow, great job derekg36 and thank you for posting them in this thread. Can you also post screen shots of your units in-game where we can see what they look like? Can you also do sprites? One thing you could do in the future is give each major country its own units style, so that we can have a variation in unit sprites. I have seeing all these bradleys and abrams tanks wherever I look on the map.

Re other stuff. Have you ever created a country on DH? You know, worked on TAGS, Ministers, Flags, Shields etc? You mentioned that you have enough knowledge to make a mod, but just how much is making me curious. I have a job you see that needs doing if you're willing to help me out? I don't know if you've noticed in game, but that there are a few countries that don't have ministers or job positions listed. You know, besides the minister portraits. Have you noticed any of these? Now if you have experience doing this, then maybe you can help me? So whilst I'm filling all the other countries ministers, I was thinking that maybe you could work on a few countries that don't have ministers or job positions? If we worked together, we could really help finish this mod early. Anyway the offer is there if you want it? :)

If your interested derekg36, here is the list of countries that are unknown or have no specific tags.

U00-Juan Jose
u01-Vladislav Ardzinba - Abkhazia
u04-Queen Elizabeth II - UK
u08-Blaise Compaoré - Burkina Faso
u14-Ismail Omar Guelleh - Djibouti
u15-Teodoro Obiang Nguema - Equatorial Guinea
u17-Kay Rala Gusmão - East Timor
u18-Isaias Afewerki - Eritrea
u23-Ibrahim Rugova - Kosovo
u25-Mohammed Magarif - Libya
u26-Boris Trajkovski - Macedonia
u30-Karl Offmann - Mauritius
u31-Vladimir Voronin - Moldovan
u34-Queen Elizabeth II UK
u45-Chandrika Kumaratunga - Sri Lanka
u48-Benjamin Mkapa - Tanzania
u49-Mahmoud Ag Aghaly - Azawad (Doesn't Exist)
u52-Zayed Al-Nahayan - UAE
u55-Levy Mwanawasa - Zambia
u56-Robert Mugabe - Zimbabwe
u57-Arkadi Ghukasyan - Nagorno-Karabakh
u58-Rauf Denktas - Northern Cyprus
u66-Dahir Rayale Kahin - Somaliland
u67-Eduard Kokoity - South Ossetia
u69-Igor Smirnov - Transnistria
u70-Yoweri Museveni - Uganda
u72-Romano Prodi - European Union
u74-Iajuddin Ahmed - Bangladesh
u75-Sellapan Ramanathan - Singapore
u77-Gnassingbé Eyadéma - Togo
u80-Bob Avakian - US Communist Party
u82-Francois Bozizé - Central African Republic
u83-Mullah Omar - Taliban
u84-Idriss Déby - Chad
u85-Denis Sassou Nguesso - Republic of the Congo
u88-Laurent Gbagbo - Côte d'Ivoire
u90-Mwai Kibaki - Kenya
u91-Jabir Sabah - Kuwait
u92-Guido de Marco - Malta
u94-Tanja Mamadou - Niger
u95-Paul Kagame - Rwanda
u96-Abdoulaye Wade - Senegal
u98-Yoweri Museveni - Uganda
u99-Christina Gregorie - Pacific Inland State

Last edited:
sorry seems to be the translator would not put it well .... :closedeyes:
I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO MOD.
I ONLY DO WHAT YOU SEE IN THE PREVIOUS POST (FOR NOW AT LEAST)
SORRY I DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH VERY WELL ... :blush:
ANYWAY, WITH REGARD TO BE ABLE TO HELP YOU WITH THE GFX!:happy:

Hey first off let me say I love the mod.

However I am getting one error whenever I attack Syria. Have done so as Iraq and the US. The error reads: The instruction at "0x004753be" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read".

Any idea how to solve this, and again well done to all involved :)

@derekg - Its OK, no worries. Keep up what your doing then and post screenshots of all your work "ON THE SAME" post you stuck in this thread earlier. :)

@patch182 - Kindly post your error report and we will look into it and could you please tell me what country you're playing as? Glad to know that you're enjoying the game by the way. :happy:

P.S. I forgot to ask patch, did you download the latest version of this mod? The latest one I posted up yesterday on MEGA, its on the front page of this thread. We're all still working on this mod by the way, patching things up because as you know MDS was never really finished. It was like 70% completed when I started working on it due to ministers and rogue countries here and there.

Yes, just downloaded the game last night so imagine it is the most up-to-date patch.

As I say, playing Iraq and the USA on two separate occasions, invaded Syria and then it crashed.

Here's a screenshot.

abc.jpg

Yes, just downloaded the game last night so imagine it is the most up-to-date patch.

As I say, playing Iraq and the USA on two separate occasions, invaded Syria and then it crashed.

Here's a screenshot.

View attachment 108729

@patc182 - I vaguely remember that being posted in the old MDS thread, this version of MDS always seemed to crash whenever someone declared war on Lebanon and sometimes Syria. I'll try to look into it but no guarantees that I'll find a fix.

@ San_Felipe - So I was curios to know if the minor nations were going to be made available to play? I know it would increase lag but it seems pretty lame that only the major countries are available to play. What if I want to do South Ossetia world conquest xP

@patc182 - I vaguely remember that being posted in the old MDS thread, this version of MDS always seemed to crash whenever someone declared war on Lebanon and sometimes Syria. I'll try to look into it but no guarantees that I'll find a fix.

@ San_Felipe - So I was curios to know if the minor nations were going to be made available to play? I know it would increase lag but it seems pretty lame that only the major countries are available to play. What if I want to do South Ossetia world conquest xP

@ patch182 - Is it always crashing on the same date? Have you tried loading it up and playing? I'll look into it.

@ DreadGrunt - Yes, well we will try to make them playable. However, I need more people in on the team since its only me and derekg36 that's actually modding right now. I was going to ask you by the way. Can you take a look at Australia's minister csv file. Then if possible can you go in game and test it out. I've taken a look into that csv file, but it seems OK. Its when you play the game where Queen Liz isn't showing up.

UPATE!!!:excl:

@ patch182 - I've just tried out the game and what I noticed is that if you are Syria and you declare war on the US, the game doesn't crash. But even if you load the save game as the US, it ctds instantly.

If anyone can help, then we'd appreciate it.

Last edited: