• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@ Everyone - OK I've just downloaded and briefly played the mods that were uploaded earlier and my analysis is that both mods ModDayScenario2 and Timur Khan uploaded are relatively similar in most aspects. The only problem being that Germany in both mods has a missing picture for their technology group and the UK including several countries have units like their fighters and aircraft carries decks turned 'black'? With the mod I originally uploaded, this wasn't the case, so there must be something wrong GFX wise? Its only minor though. Regarding DreadGrunt's uploaded mod. Wow, not only did it take ages to extract, but to move the files into my DH folder took nearly 3hrs in all. Its not his fault though, my PC was processing too much lol. Anyway, his mod was good, loaded up well. There were a lot of GFX or cosmetic issues though because most of the units during game play didn't have the correct unit pictures or GFX.

Overall, all three mods work. However, if your someone with a keen eye for detail (you want things to look almost perfect in-game) then I would recommend either Timur's or Mod's version of MDS. I will tryout both mods in more detail tomorrow, but so far choosing either two is fine; the only difference is Timur's mod file is larger.

Here is the link to both Timur's and Mod's versions of MDS both compatible with DH v1.03:

Timur's version - https://mega.co.nz/#!eYwjwYhT!N2e8C5E0zKtIs_K7QFgW38vbheVRqgia0ADLMm_Fyko

ModDayScenario's version - https://mega.co.nz/#!qgxlGYIB!Ll1ngMYp7CRE5P1smI8vLe6-M49yyOsQeYquAqcS1eE

Enjoy! :)

@ Gord96 - Good choice, its one that I just recommended. :cool:
Thanks San_Felipe. I downloaded the one from ModDayScenario2. I will give it a try. Thanks for the feedback!

Regarding DreadGrunt's uploaded mod. Wow, not only did it take ages to extract, but to move the files into my DH folder took nearly 3hrs in all. Its not his fault though, my PC was processing too much lol. Anyway, his mod was good, loaded up well. There were a lot of GFX or cosmetic issues though because most of the units during game play didn't have the correct unit pictures or GFX.

That's odd.. Did you install it over DH full? I just downloaded it and tried it and it all looks fine, minus the naval units which have WW2 pics. Sprites and all the graphics loaded fine.

That's odd.. Did you install it over DH full? I just downloaded it and tried it and it all looks fine, minus the naval units which have WW2 pics. Sprites and all the graphics loaded fine.

@ DreadGrunt - OK, but when I loaded it up on my DH it had units that didn't have the right pics. I don't know how yours is different? Is it possible that you can post screen shots of your game play to stick into this thread?

Despite this, your mod did help me out with Germany's Tech Teams. Through your mod I was able to go into all three interface folders and compare the csv files. I noticed that the name your csv file had for "Führungsakademie" was different in ModernDayScenario's which had it as "Führungsakademie". So all I did was go into ModernDayScenario's teams_ger.csv located in the Interface folder. Here is the location address - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\Modern Day Scenario\db\tech\teams and change this "Führungsakademie" into this "Führungsakademie". After doing so and loading up ModernDayScenario's MDS, I went on to check Germany's tech teams and everything's now OK. So guys, if you want to get the right pics for Germany's tech teams then I suggest doing this.

I will update further as I go along. :happy:

I see, and you say that you overwrite DH Full with this? :huh:

@ Everyone - By the way if anyone is interested in fixing your Japan Tech team then here is a link to a zip file I just made:https://mega.co.nz/#!TcJyiBhS!aHYkWOWFgiYtLT75NwFm-28HKBWFPnr8lWvJKsegIvc. Basically it contains the missing picture for ASDF - Japan's Air Self Defence Force. Simply copy and paste into your pics file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\Modern Day Scenario\gfx\interface and enjoy.

Last edited:
That's what I did yes, it all seems to work fine. I might take the download down for a bit and try and figure that out.

No keep it up Dread. I'll overwrite a copy of DH full now with your MDS version and get back to you with a result.

By the way, can you post screen shots of just the units available to build in the economy section during game play. If you can post a screenie of the UK, Japan, Germany etc, just the economy section then I can see any differences between what you have currently and what I have more clearly.

Last edited:
As in just take a screenie of the land, air and ship units I can build? Just wanna make sure I understand.

No, I've changed my mind Dread. I've just spent in total approximately 7hrs since last night downloading your MDS version. I've realised that its not my PC that's the problem. Its the fact tht there are just too many unnecessary files from the original DH scenarios that come with your MDS version. I don't understand why your MDS version still has scenarios such as the Russo-Japanese war and Fall Weise? I guess its from overwriting the orig DH full.

Anyway, I followed your instructions on installing your MDS mod and yes the screenshots you posted of the US economy section on the link above do match mine. The thing is, on both our installs of your MDS mod version, the US is pretty much OK GFX wise. It has one or two units that don't match the pics. Its when you get to countries such as the UK though where there are a lot of irregularities with units not matching the pictures. For example when I click on economy and then Euro Fighter Typhoon, I'm getting a picture of a bi-plane? Plus, its not just the UK either. Several other countries such as Japan have these GFX irregularities.

Now, its not a big deal at the end of the day if you're a player who's not bothered about GFX, units showing on the map or cosmetics since you just want to play the game. Problem is, its hard for a gamer like myself to become fully immersed and to take in and feel the mod in all its glory. I'm the type of HoI gamer you see that likes to see flavour and units displayed properly since a) it provides immersion and that's important during game play and b) it limits confusion when building units. I mean for example. If you play as Germany and you want SS units, then you want to build them right. However, if you go into economy and then you click on SS units to build but instead you get a picture of a horse and cart or a man with a donkey. Its like that, I just couldn't stay immersed with your MDS mod version because I'd be saying 'Come on, really?'. There's that essence of also wanting to play as realistic as possible. Please don't get me wrong Dread, this is just the type of gamer that I am.

Overall, please don't feel upset or think that I don't appreciate your effort for uploading your MDS version. It did help me earlier on (through comparing all 3 uploads), I think I mentioned that already. Its just that at the end of the day my point of being here was to try and upload my version of MDS for DH v1.03, which I now know sucks and pales in no comparison with the other 2 uploads. Sadly because of the GFX issues of your mod version, I'm still going to have to say that the other two uploads are the one's I'd recommend out the 3. One thing I did like about my upload was the colour scheme of the countries on the map and that's what I'll be fixing on the other two. I'll re-upload when I'm done editing a few things. Thanks for the effort Dread. :happy:

About the pictures I suggest this method:

I use picbg.net to upload pictures on the internet. After uploading them I choose "BB code" and just paste it in to the reply. For me this works. :)

About the pictures I suggest this method:

I use picbg.net to upload pictures on the internet. After uploading them I choose "BB code" and just paste it in to the reply. For me this works. :)

UPDATE!!

NVM Timur, figured it out now thanks! ;)

Last edited:
Just a headsup:

Strikesback (?) posted lots of Russian leaders/ministers, files and images in the old novapaddysMDS thread, go back a few pages to find it. Is very good quality and would be a good addition to your mod.

Just a headsup:

Strikesback (?) posted lots of Russian leaders/ministers, files and images in the old novapaddysMDS thread, go back a few pages to find it. Is very good quality and would be a good addition to your mod.

Hey Nova, its your mod and I've mentioned everyone else who helped to re-upload it. I'm just helping to make it easier for people to find and download because I don't want them to go through all the trouble finding it like I did. Hope you and the everyone will like it so far.

I forgot about Strikesback, I'll mention him in the credits before I go and regarding the Russian Ministers. By the way, what was his involvement with the mod so I can better credit him.

Anyway, I hope you'l try it out Nova and my new music soundtrack. This mod with the music combined is AWESOME! :cool:

SHOUT OUT!! If Strikesback is around? Could you please come back to our thread and we can talk about these Russian Ministers that Nova is on about. So far (having gone back to the old official thread for MDS), all I've found going back is Georgian & Sudanese Ministers. :sleep::blink:

Last edited:
Hey Nova, its your mod and I've mentioned everyone else who helped to re-upload it. I'm just helping to make it easier for people to find and download because I don't want them to go through all the trouble finding it like I did. Hope you and the everyone will like it so far.

I forgot about Strikesback, I'll mention him in the credits before I go and regarding the Russian Ministers. By the way, what was his involvement with the mod so I can better credit him.

Anyway, I hope you'l try it out Nova and my new music soundtrack. This mod with the music combined is AWESOME! :cool:

SHOUT OUT!! If Strikesback is around? Could you please come back to our thread and we can talk about these Russian Ministers that Nova is on about. So far (having gone back to the old official thread for MDS), all I've found going back is Georgian & Sudanese Ministers. :sleep::blink:

You will find it on page 187, date 10/03/2014, post #3729

You will find it on page 187, date 10/03/2014, post #3729

@gord96 - Yes. Download the mod, then extract it straight to your Mods folder inside your DH main folder. Here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods . After that if you want the new soundtrack then simply delete all the contents inside your main music folder located together with your mods folder. Then extract the new music into the music folder. Also, I've just finished modding the ministers for the Philippines, so here it is: https://mega.co.nz/#!HZBlTCJZ!XxgdgbAEy2aYURsGCcqKy2mDYHeHzaUvsa4Akstd2RQ . Again, all you have to do with this is extract it here into your db folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\novapaddysMDSwork\db\ministers and overwrite. However, the bmp pictures inside you'l have to put into this folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Darkest Hour A HOI Game\Mods\novapaddysMDSwork\gfx\interface\pics . Overwrite if it asks, but make sure you make copies of your folders just in case. I will be posting these little zips from time to time as I fix country ministers globally. ;)

@ Nova - Thanks! I'll go and have a look. By the way I'm starting to fix the ministers on your MDS mod. You might want to check out my recent upload.

@ everyone - Just wondering, I've only just spotted this...

I may have to edit this, but if someone can help me instead then that would be great since I have all these to do

PRIORITY COUNTRIES
Philippines - Done
Japan - Done
Thailand - Done (I had to put an emblem for the Intel post since Thailand as no picture of past ministers in relation to this ministerial role).
Republic of Korea - Done
Iran - Done
Saudi Arabia - Done
Pacific Inland States is now Togo - Done
UAE - Done
France - Done
Italy - Done
Denmark - Done
Sweden - Done
Portugal - Done
Canada - Done
Mexico - Done
Australia - Done
Nigeria - Done
Kenya - Done
Libya - Done
Tunisia
Algeria - Done

ASIA
Japan
Republic of South Korea
Vietnam
Laos
Cambodia
Thailand
Nepal
Bhutan
Bangladesh
Kyrgyzstan
Kazahkstan
Tajikistan
Afghanistan
Turkmenistan
Uzbekizstan
East Timor
Sri Lanka

MIDDLE EAST
Iran - Done
Azerbaijan
Armenia
Georgia
South Ossetia
Abkhazia
Syria
Lebanon
Palestine
Jordan
Saudi Arabia - Done
Qatar
UAE - Done
Oman
Yemen

EUROPE
Ukrain
Belarus
Tranistria
Estonia
Latvia
Moldova
Bulgaria
Greece
Albania
Makedonia
Kossovo
Czech Republic
Austria
Croatia
Montenegro
Hungary - Done
Italy - Done
Serbia
Slovenia
Switzerland
France - Done
Denmark - Done
Sweden - Done
Iceland
Portugal - Done
Malta
Cyprus
Northern Cyprus - Done

NORTH AMERICA
Canada - Done
Mexico - Done
Cuba
Haiti
Dominican Republic
Caribbean Islands
Jamaica
Belize
Honduras
Guatemala
El Salvador
Panama
Nicaragua
Costa Rica

SOUTH AMERICA
Venezuela
Guyana
Suriname
Bolivia
Paraguay
Uruguay

OCEANA
Australia - Bugged, currently sorting out
Papua New Guinea

AFRICA
Libya - Done
Tunisia
Algeria - Done
Mauritania
Senegal
Mali
Gambia
Guinea-Bissau
Guinea
Sierra Leone
Burkina Faso
Ivory Coast
Liberia
Benin
Nigeria - Done
Niger
Cameroon
Chad
Central Africa
Equatorial Guinea
Gabon
Congo-Brazzaville
Congo
Angola
Eritrea
Sudan
Ethiopia
Somalia
Somaliland
Djbouti
Kenya
Ugand
Rwanda
Tanzania
Mozambique
Malawi
Zambia
Botswana
Zimbabwe
Swaziland
Lesotho
Namibia
Madagascar
Togo - Done

These are countries that are still missing ministers. I don't mind doing these, but if there's someone who can help me with the above then that'd be great. :rolleyes:

UPDATE!!
I've just noticed that when I'm choosing a country to run, not all the countries in the world are available. I hope you get to read this Nova, just wondering if you know about this?

Last edited:
Novapaddy's version has a number of odd things in it like that, and all the DH MDS versions are missing countries in the selectable list but that's a pretty easy fix that wouldn't take long. As for ministers, I could help out with the unrecognized countries and then move on from there.