• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Looking awesome! Will the swahili area be connected to the other side of the africa somehow or will it have PTI between there?

I have no plans to add provinces in that "space", nor in the rest of the blackness of Africa PTI (can't even imagine what wondered there, cyclops, headless people? :p). If you want to conquer the future swahili go by the coast or by the sea, that's the path historically people used :)

It's also hard to see because of the colours, but between Muza (the green country) and the orange one (Avalites) there's a country (Cinnamomifera), in whitish-grey.

Also I made flags for the tribes I added but you didn't have flags, so in the future if you want to continue BSFA feel free to take them - or anything from this mod.

What's the end date for this mod? Is it the standard date? Is there any way if changing that? I think it's too short for the base game, let alone something like this.

What's the end date for this mod? Is it the standard date? Is there any way if changing that? I think it's too short for the base game, let alone something like this.

Yes, the end date is the same, say 713 AVC or similar. It is hardocoded, only changing the .exe file can do it, but it has consequences. The start date can be changed. In this mod starts 50 years earlier, in 422 AVC, unlike the 474 AVC in vanilla.

So, what will be in this update? Time for a pic

rome45.png

What do you think?

Looks great Camara. I will be interested to see what tribes you have along the east African coast and in the interior. Did you use the account of Hanno's expeditions for source material on east Africa?

There is also a good Roman source from early AD or BC.

Just to show that this isn't dead, here is the most recent work (with thanks to BSFA mod).

newtribes2.png

newtribes.png

I've created more bugcorrectors and I made a hands-off game for 20 years and it didn't crash. Of the save games that crashed that people provided me 2 were solved and one I'm not sure if it is or isn't.
It'll try to make it run for more time to see if there's a problem.

This looks epic. :) What about some barbarian provinces in Central Asia, along the northern border?

Yes, the end date is the same, say 713 AVC or similar. It is hardocoded, only changing the .exe file can do it, but it has consequences. The start date can be changed. In this mod starts 50 years earlier, in 422 AVC, unlike the 474 AVC in vanilla.

Shame :\

I'd change the start dates, but somehow I suspect that would mess up tech just a little bit. It's just way too short for this map.

Looks great Camara. I will be interested to see what tribes you have along the east African coast and in the interior. Did you use the account of Hanno's expeditions for source material on east Africa?

There is also a good Roman source from early AD or BC.

This looks epic. :) What about some barbarian provinces in Central Asia, along the northern border?

I've followed a map that was based on Roman/Carthaginian sources to make those parts of Africa. The tribes that are made are Autolatae, Salathae, Daradae, Babii, Mandori and Soninke (the yellow one). They are of hesperian culture. I can add more, I have more "names".
In east Africa there is Cinnamomifera (whitish-grey in the horn of Africa) and Muza (green). I'm not sure if I'll trimm them to make Muza more isolated.

In Central Asia I've added more tribes to remove barbarian land, but I'm not sure yet if I'll leave barbarian land. Do you have any say on it?

Shame :\

I'd change the start dates, but somehow I suspect that would mess up tech just a little bit. It's just way too short for this map.

Let's hope in the new patch they remove the harcoded limit and that would let me to expand the mod into the future :)

I've followed a map that was based on Roman/Carthaginian sources to make those parts of Africa. The tribes that are made are Autolatae, Salathae, Daradae, Babii, Mandori and Soninke (the yellow one). They are of hesperian culture. I can add more, I have more "names".
In east Africa there is Cinnamomifera (whitish-grey in the horn of Africa) and Muza (green). I'm not sure if I'll trimm them to make Muza more isolated.

In Central Asia I've added more tribes to remove barbarian land, but I'm not sure yet if I'll leave barbarian land. Do you have any say on it?

Interesting work in Africa, I cant wait to have a look.

On Central Asia, yes I think some barbarian provinces should go in along the northern border unless the area was underpopulated. I dont know much about the history of this region. Did anyone ever sweep out of Siberia?

I kinda have a feeling that you spent more time on making flags for my tribes that I spent on making the tribes :D Impressive work!

Interesting work in Africa, I cant wait to have a look.

On Central Asia, yes I think some barbarian provinces should go in along the northern border unless the area was underpopulated. I dont know much about the history of this region. Did anyone ever sweep out of Siberia?

Actually, all you see is all I have done in Africa, I can add more countries, but that's all. It's no big thing :)

I have no idea on the siberian tribes. As far as I can see nothing important happened outside the tribes already included like Xiongnu, Sakas, Dahae. North of them it seems it didn't matter (also their zone of influence was not that defined anyway). I also removed the barbarian lands because these tribes kept being destroyed by black barbarians and client states established. I hope now they all turn their eyes to the civilized countries (like Sakas, Yuezhi and Parthia did), or try to unify the tribes themselves (both Xongnu and Gokturks had massive empires in the steppe). One thing is good: they all seem to ally each other, which unfortunately with cascading alliances made enormous alliances from the Aorsi Magni to Xiongnu at war. Like steppe people unite!

I kinda have a feeling that you spent more time on making flags for my tribes that I spent on making the tribes Impressive work!

I made only 3 or so :p, many flags were made by nukumnehtar which is helping me in this update.

Also I removed the India Inferior and India Superior tribes from the start (were placeholders), the corresponding tribes are now Malli and Sogdii.

Another round of tribes added

In Europe: Bastarnae, Batavi, Carpi, Cotini, Longobardi, Marcomanni, Venedi, Vindelici, Quadi, Senones
In Asia: Thyssagetae (Scythae now went to Europe), Dhivehi
In Africa: Taladusii, Mastita

Also the Picentis being both tributary and at war with Rome in the Pyrrhic war was corrected

Current overview

rome51.png

romemap14.png

AND WE HAVE A NEW PATCH THAT GOES INTO THE FUTURE !!!!!

To celebrate I expanded the technologies and the game now runs to 1229 AVC, so you can play 500 years more to do your WCs. The world is not updated after the 723 AVC... yet

To prove this isn't a myth
rome49.png

And the tooltip is smart, it knows year 0 doesn't exist and works for AD like a boss! :eek:

rome50.png

Also, the current available version of Magna Terra should work with the new beta patch

Christmas came early this year :D can't wait for 900 years of Magna Terra conquest :D

I think this mod is going to see a rapid increase in popularity with the new patch.

When is the latest one going to be released?

When will the version for 2.35 beta be out?

Ok, the version I was working on is now as I wanted it to be. But I had a lot of help:

Nukumnehtar did a lot of work in Europe, with for example new provinces and culture organisations and britannian tribes.
Comontorios made the terrain map, now Magna Terra has it! He also did the new minimap.
Also thansk to Lofman for starting a terrain map for Magna Terra, Comontorios made one now, but I really appreciate that you at least tried!
Also thanks to Wave for letting me to use BSFA's countries, many of the new country files and flags come from that mod.

Many thanks to all of them! I'm very very grateful!

Well, this update was longer than I thought. First it was meant to be simply a map expansion in Africa, and as I love to do map changed, I did it quite quickly. However, it crashed a lot and I was somewhat demoralised.
Finally, as normal, it was just a dumb mistake I thought I had seen already, so it worked out.
Meanwhile, Nukumnehtar asked me if he could countribute to Magna Terra, and of course I accepted. He started to add more provinces to Europe, creating more cultures, etc. It become obvious Europe would need more countries (both me and the people in the forum also asked for it, so it was it had a good timing I guess).
Comontorios also started to do a terrain map, and I was like :wub:, as many people are heartbroken to see India sunk into the sea (I use the political map always). As you know, Magna Terra didn't have a terrain map since the first version, so it is quite an improvement.
As they were working, I thought, hey, let's add more countries everywhere. Wave gently ceded BSFA's files so it helped a lot, Nukumnehtar made a lot of missing flags (I think everyone knows now how my self made flags are :eek:o) so I mostly worked outside of Western Europe.
Another improvement was more corrections to the infamous noculture crashes that are like the devil. It should be much more solid on that now.
The new patch allowed me to give more time to the wanted WCs - the game now runs to 1229
So this is the update with all this mixed up.

What's New In This Version
- Expanded map in Africa, some changes to the European province map
- A lot more countries, specially in Europe where many of tribes were added. Also Africa, East Central Asia and Southeast Asia have now more countries
- More stability on the noculture crash
- The game runs to 1229 AVC, but the technologies after ~750 are worhtless for now

The new beta patch has some new crash problems, so for now play with the regular autosaves you find ok.
It is not advised to start the game after 723 AVC. Not only the map has no changes, the game may crash because of that.

The download for the new version
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2zen8122tdx8g2b/Magna_Terra_2011_11_4.rar
The Province textures for the new terrain map are here. Put them in the vanilla map/cache/province_textures folder (backup the vanilla files in this folder)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cp91ryga49s9916/Province_textures_2011_11_4.rar

Next steps:
- Expand the start dates of the mod to 1229 AVC, with the correct world layout
- Make the technologies do something in this new time period
- Add the Southeast Asia that is currently PTI (Malaysia, at least West Indonesia, etc)

Last edited by a moderator: