• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure, somewhere end 1937 - beginning of 1938. BEEF is (if I use the term correctly) Eastern European states (Finland + Baltic + POL + CZE + YUG + ROM) with the addition of FRA later on.

Tim

Not sure, somewhere end 1937 - beginning of 1938. BEEF is (if I use the term correctly) Eastern European states (Finland + Baltic + POL + CZE + YUG + ROM) with the addition of FRA later on.
Tim

Thanks Guys! I'm delighted that you are enjoying the mod.

The BEEF is the Baltic and East European Federation, a defence pact between FIN, EST, LAT, LIT, POL, CZE, ROM and YUG.. fully supported by SOV, as a bulwark against GER.

I'll review what you have written and make the necessaries... I just think those events that don't actually give a line of text... they could be AI events.. and I've just written the event incorrectly..??

Yeah, you have about 18 months before war starts. It is tied to the end of the Spanish Civil War.. so when you see it ending, watch out!!

The way GER is dragged into the war.... I was thinking of the way WW1 started, how all the countries were tied by Treaty to come to help and didn't really have much choice in the matter

Thanks Guys! I'm delighted that you are enjoying the mod.

The BEEF is the Baltic and East European Federation, a defence pact between FIN, EST, LAT, LIT, POL, CZE, ROM and YUG.. fully supported by SOV, as a bulwark against GER.

I'll review what you have written and make the necessaries... I just think those events that don't actually give a line of text... they could be AI events.. and I've just written the event incorrectly..??

Yeah, you have about 18 months before war starts. It is tied to the end of the Spanish Civil War.. so when you see it ending, watch out!!

The way GER is dragged into the war.... I was thinking of the way WW1 started, how all the countries were tied by Treaty to come to help and didn't really have much choice in the matter

Well Italy had a choice sort of. I guess that it needs a bit of tweaking. I like some surprises but not the way it goes right now. I played China also. I like the way Yunnan and Guanxi are handled although I am not a real fan of 1 option - events. There is no real preparation to expect something. It is sometimes too random. Take for instance the Fengtian Clique event. There is only one way. You think about it. I calculated and thought that I could try and hold off the Japs so I would go with a no towards Japan. What happens? An event pops up that you get peace in exchange of total loss of control of Shanxi and you are forced to secede your recently conquered territory in the south. A Jap client state is created there, you lose instant cores (which is highly unrealistic)

Other point of interest. What is it with 40!!! marine divisions for Japan and an insane amount of divisions compared to China and placing them all in Northern China. I think it needs a little tweaking as well.

Nevertheless it looks fine for further depth. More choices and event trees if possible. China could be interesting and other nations as well. But I think that it is just too random at the moment for my liking to be honest. The idea is great though! :)

Tim

I was playing as Germany and kicked the Italians out of the alliance. They get dragged into their war with the BEEF, I don't (as I'm not allied with Italy) but it really doesn't matter as the Soviets declare war on me within days anyway.

Also you may want to check the ability of Germany to annex the Rhineland and Prussia puppets. I was able to annex the Rhineland and that was quite a nice industrial boost. Personally, I need to get back to thinking about a "quick" buildup for war as opposed to what I am used to in playing AAR.

Novapaddy, the event 777403 for Mexico (the one that give them cores... and something else) references the inexistent event 777005 (and lacks of date, death-date and offset). Is this intended?

it's really hard to win as germany, even with cheats, france is just too strong
spanish AI needs work, during their war with france, almost the whole army got encircled in france and was destroyed
italy puts about 25 divisions in africa while france doesn't defend africa at all
britain never joined my alliance, is this normal? i selected the first option to get better relationship with britain

second war of 1812 worked out perfect, good job there
germany's troops seems to be much weaker than vanilla DH, even with much more org and advanced doctrine it is still not enough
perhaps i should have spend the 2nd half of 1937 upgrading my troops, casualties are a lot higher too, after 1 battle, some of my troops are down to 10% strength
played to 1939, gave up, hope this helps nova

Novapaddy, the event 777403 for Mexico (the one that give them cores... and something else) references the inexistent event 777005 (and lacks of date, death-date and offset). Is this intended?

Thanks. Event 777005 is an event from a whole line of events that have been pulled from this release. It was a totally other possible happening where France supported ENG in America. It was removed as it was taking too long to fully complete. This release only used most of the events I did, not all.

it's really hard to win as germany, even with cheats, france is just too strong
spanish AI needs work, during their war with france, almost the whole army got encircled in france and was destroyed
italy puts about 25 divisions in africa while france doesn't defend africa at all
britain never joined my alliance, is this normal? i selected the first option to get better relationship with britain

second war of 1812 worked out perfect, good job there
germany's troops seems to be much weaker than vanilla DH, even with much more org and advanced doctrine it is still not enough
perhaps i should have spend the 2nd half of 1937 upgrading my troops, casualties are a lot higher too, after 1 battle, some of my troops are down to 10% strength
played to 1939, gave up, hope this helps nova

I just hope you are playing with the latest FIX (see first page). The fix is the same since the 18th August. ENG should support GER because I improved the trigger. But I'll take another look. Thanks for all the info, it is a great help to making the mod better and sorting out potential problems.

I was playing as Germany and kicked the Italians out of the alliance. They get dragged into their war with the BEEF, I don't (as I'm not allied with Italy) but it really doesn't matter as the Soviets declare war on me within days anyway.

Also you may want to check the ability of Germany to annex the Rhineland and Prussia puppets. I was able to annex the Rhineland and that was quite a nice industrial boost. Personally, I need to get back to thinking about a "quick" buildup for war as opposed to what I am used to in playing AAR.

Yeah, I need to check out the demilitarised zones of Rhineland and Prussia to ensure they are working properly. Whether I can stop a Master doing what you did to a Puppet, I don't know, we'll see.

Well Italy had a choice sort of. I guess that it needs a bit of tweaking. I like some surprises but not the way it goes right now. I played China also. I like the way Yunnan and Guanxi are handled although I am not a real fan of 1 option - events. There is no real preparation to expect something. It is sometimes too random. Take for instance the Fengtian Clique event. There is only one way. You think about it. I calculated and thought that I could try and hold off the Japs so I would go with a no towards Japan. What happens? An event pops up that you get peace in exchange of total loss of control of Shanxi and you are forced to secede your recently conquered territory in the south. A Jap client state is created there, you lose instant cores (which is highly unrealistic)

Other point of interest. What is it with 40!!! marine divisions for Japan and an insane amount of divisions compared to China and placing them all in Northern China. I think it needs a little tweaking as well.

Nevertheless it looks fine for further depth. More choices and event trees if possible. China could be interesting and other nations as well. But I think that it is just too random at the moment for my liking to be honest. The idea is great though! :)
Tim

Yeah, I changed my mind about China later on and this has left issues to be resolved. I SEE those Jap divisions too, again ... lots of events were pulled from this release so I could post it before DH 1.03. It will be worked on and sorted out for the next release.

THANKS Guys for all the information and play-testing, it is a great help. Cheers :p

Hi novappady, I've just tried a very short game as germany. Two comments:

1) Regarding BEEF and other novelties, it would be nice to explain what it refers to in the in-game events... I haven't followed the thread so I was completely lost.

2) I regularly have goebbels radio speech event and some event about hitler meeting other head of states ,giving very high bonuses. As a result, we're in may of the first year, and I already have +30% peacetime production bonus. is this WAD? feels very high...

Hi novappady, I've just tried a very short game as germany. Two comments:

1) Regarding BEEF and other novelties, it would be nice to explain what it refers to in the in-game events... I haven't followed the thread so I was completely lost.

2) I regularly have goebbels radio speech event and some event about hitler meeting other head of states ,giving very high bonuses. As a result, we're in may of the first year, and I already have +30% peacetime production bonus. is this WAD? feels very high...

Hi knightofni: regarding BEEF, yes I can do that.

regarding GER: GER has to fight SOV, FRA, LAT, LIT, FIN, EST, POL, ROM, YUG and CZE within 18 months of game start. In 1936, they hardly have an army to speak of, so, yes they get large monthly bonuses to quickly bring them up to speed, and give them some chance... Definitely WAD.

UPDATE:

I'm reading back through all the comments and am working on your suggestions/changes/corrections/make betters over the next day or so. I hope to have a much improved mod in a short while.

Cheers

i successfully triggered britiain to join me, when USSR dowed me, i gave up much too soon the last time
but in august 1938, communist china dow turkey, who was at war with me, while they were having a civil war with KMT, why? they're miles away

and then USSR dow communist china
also ussr ai is easily breakable, they don't even attack easy targets, as germany and my allies push them back easily

Last edited:
i successfully triggered britiain to join me, when USSR dowed me, i gave up much too soon the last time
but in august 1938, communist china dow turkey, who was at war with me, while they were having a civil war with KMT, why? they're miles away

and then USSR dow communist china
also ussr ai is easily breakable, they don't even attack easy targets, as germany and my allies push them back easily

.. don't suppose you would remember the song... no, probably way before your time... it went something like... "... It's a Mystery, It's a Mystery... ":rofl:

EDIT: seriously, tho, I'm in the process of enhancing the USSR, and sorting out "issues" Cheers

I would like to see some events that cover the partition of various states that are conquered e.g France when conquered by germany, italy and Spain etc. What happens if USA conquered Canada would the UK offer terms or take up an offer of alliance by Germany and would the empire follow suit?

i did and finished france, poland, and yugoslavia
are there events to partition these lands? i know there's one for yugoslavia but what about france and poland?

No partition events at the moment.

I would like to see some events that cover the partition of various states that are conquered e.g France when conquered by germany, italy and Spain etc. What happens if USA conquered Canada would the UK offer terms or take up an offer of alliance by Germany and would the empire follow suit?

No terms, a fight to the death, but I was soft-hearted (momentarily) and left the USA in-game, so they have a chance to re-emerge. (for the next release)

EDIT: I'm now putting my limited brain cells to the task of imagining a world where the USA wasn't the supreme power. I mean for after WW2, when the dust settles. How would this affect international relations? Do nations revert to the old rules, back to colonialism envigorated, with ENG and JAP or GER maybe the major powers now. I imagine GER will do well in this war?

But how will the twin-powers ENG and JAP, both island nations off major continents fare? An unexpected American war has brought them together as allies, subsequent major wars will refine their relationship going forward. Will they divide up the world like Spain and Portugal did in the 1500's(?). How will GER react to this?

EDIT 2: Working on France, which, in DH has an empire with very few if any armies garrisoning it??. But France neeeds max armies on their German border, so an easy explanation. But it has been mentioned that Italy sends 25 divions to North Africa, and France sends none...

What to do..? because if I change the ai of France to tell it to garrison their empire, then metropolitan France will empty fairly quickly...

I had previously set up a French Colonial Department, which had one province in France allocated just to it, and from there it alone acted as Master of the French Colonies, with France being its Master. In this way, I had alredy started to expand the wars into North Africa...

What do you guys think of this?

Last edited:
Ok, just lost the answer I had typed, so here's the gist of it :

Uk and jap can't be friends for long. Their strategic aims are at odds (control over asia pacific's resources), as well as the ideological ones (Militaristic disdain of democracy plus japan's will to show that the white man is vulnerable).

Actually, with us's dfeat, jap should be even more overconfident that in real life, and try to provoke uk into a conflict.

A potential point of conflict cpuld be china : with the disappearance of us's help in their war against japan, they will request from uk. that could be a very convenient casus belli.

if uk doesn't bite, jap should attack them after having sufficiently advanced in china.

as in real life, japan should seek alliance with ger (it's even more logical than in OTL with us's disappearance). altefnatively, they could try to ally with the mediteranean countries.

resisting to the combined ger and jap navies will prove challengi g for tne royal navy. I guess there's a lot of diplomatic possibilities, and your mod might make uk fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.