• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I believe the "topographic look" is baked into the lightmaps, so there is no easy way to turn it on or off, you just have to download the non-topographic version instead and copy the lightmaps. There are multiple links to the non-topographic version which I found lying around, unfortunately all of them seem to be broken.

However, there is still at least one working link to the Putin mod that i mentioned previously, which does come with the non-topographic E3FN map that is otherwise standard E3FN from what I can tell. If you just need the lightmaps, you can download that mod and copy over the lightmaps.
Hi, I copied the lightmap files to a clean version of the E3 map, and when I went to test the mod I got this result:

e3 destruido.png

What would I have to do to solve this problem?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I think the E3 mod might be in an extra folder if you're seeing the HOI2 map. Some zip and compress apps create a new folder for some reason when zipping and unzipping. Just download to your desktop and extract it there. Open up the folder and make sure you don't have a folder within a folder. In other words, when you open the folder, you should immediately see the game files and inner folders. But if you open it and see another folder, then you have the double folder error which causes the launcher to load HOI2 for some reason.
It doesn't even want to open it and I didn't get any folders. I just got a file that is named "unconfirmed". That is how I got it from download in the first place. Although thank you for advice. I think I should delete it and try download again.

Hi, I copied the lightmap files to a clean version of the E3 map, and when I went to test the mod I got this result:

View attachment 1042662
What would I have to do to solve this problem?
Lol i guess it's not just the lightmaps then, there must be some other differences between the base E3FN map and the one that's included in the Putin mod. I would say your best bet is to keep looking for a working download of the non-topographic version on the forums, someone might still have it.

In the unlikely event that someone is still interested in improving the map, there is some kind of problem with the Ducks' Lagoon naval province in Brazil. Any attempt by player or AI to move naval units into the bay causes an instant game crash. I haven't quite been able to figure out what the issue is. If anyone familiar with map edition might have an idea why this might be, would be much appreciated.
View attachment 1037538
This is a bug which was fixed later by the developer of the topographic map, there is a connection between the sea zone and the lake, when ships cross into the lake, the game crashes, just remove the connection in the adj-defs.csv file in the map3 folder and it will work.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is a bug which was fixed later by the developer of the topographic map, there is a connection between the sea zone and the lake, when ships cross into the lake, the game crashes, just remove the connection in the adj-defs.csv file in the map3 folder and it will work.
Thanks! Yeah that's basically what i ended up doing, plus removing all ports which led to the lake and such, that removed the CTDs. Not that it's a very important lake, i was just wondering why it causes CTDs in the first place.

Thanks! Yeah that's basically what i ended up doing, plus removing all ports which led to the lake and such, that removed the CTDs. Not that it's a very important lake, i was just wondering why it causes CTDs in the first place.
Oh I forgot about the port(s), I don't remember that there was one in the lakem but I guess you can just move the port to another province then.

Hello,

Someone who is playing my Draka Mod is complaining it keeps crashing in around late 1940 in game time.

The mod uses the E3-FN map.

There was a similar issue with this map a few years ago, but someone was able to point out the problem. I think it was something to do with a naval base location in South America.

I don't think the problem is due to an event. When testing in debug mode, the last thing being executed was the military scores.

Does anyone know what could cause these types of crashes? Could it be another naval base issue or something like that?

Regards,

Josh

Hello,

Someone who is playing my Draka Mod is complaining it keeps crashing in around late 1940 in game time.

The mod uses the E3-FN map.

There was a similar issue with this map a few years ago, but someone was able to point out the problem. I think it was something to do with a naval base location in South America.

I don't think the problem is due to an event. When testing in debug mode, the last thing being executed was the military scores.

Does anyone know what could cause these types of crashes? Could it be another naval base issue or something like that?

Regards,

Josh
see the posts above

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are you referring to the problem with the Ducks' Lagoon connection? I couldn't find it in the adj-defs file. It seems like just a regular sea connection. I tried making it Impassable so that ships couldn't enter. But the game still crashes.

View attachment 1059036
I think it was rather the adjecent lagoon miri - this is a lake and should not have connection to the sea zones, when ships enter it, the game crashes.
so remove the connection to the sea zones either in adj-devs or in the provinces file in the map folder and the ports

this is somewhere here in the older posts some years ago, you might try to search it FABFEINGOLD corrected it with my help

province 6846 was the problem - you have to change/delete the connection in the province file (it is lake to ocean)

AND/OR

Change line 6849 in the distance.csv (Duck's Lagoon) from lake to Southwest Atlantic Ocean.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I think it was rather the adjecent lagoon miri - this is a lake and should not have connection to the sea zones, when ships enter it, the game crashes.
so remove the connection to the sea zones either in adj-devs or in the provinces file in the map folder and the ports

this is somewhere here in the older posts some years ago, you might try to search it FABFEINGOLD corrected it with my help

province 6846 was the problem - you have to change/delete the connection in the province file (it is lake to ocean)

AND/OR

Change line 6849 in the distance.csv (Duck's Lagoon) from lake to Southwest Atlantic Ocean.
In the distances.csv file, I have changed the line for province 6846 to this:

Code:
-31,255847;-51,366517;PROV6846;Ducks' Lagoon;Southwest Atlantic Ocean

In the Province.csv file, I have changed the line for province 6846 to this:

Code:
6846;PROV6846;Coast of Uruguay;Southwest Atlantic Ocean;;Subtropical;Ocean;;;0;;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;9699;9346;9707;9348;0;0;0;0;0;9699;9346;0;0;9707;9341;;;;;;;;;;;0;0;0;0;;;;;;;

But the game still crashes. Am I missing something out?

Last edited: