• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

novapaddy

War-Father
103 Badges
Aug 26, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Iron Cross
  • Lead and Gold
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
Hello,

fabfeingold and myself have been working on improving mumia's E3 map by removing some provinces with great care. We both did the re-drawing of the map at the beginning, but settled later for Fabian doing the map work and me doing the files. We have already released the map as a standalone project.
Link to map only: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/map-fn-map-for-darkest-hour-and-aod.994288/

The porting of Darkest Hour Full, version 1.05.1, 1936 scenario has now been completed enough for you guys to try out this map and have a successful world war 2.

There is still work remaining to do in the revolt.txt file, so please do not expect a perfectly running version of darkest hour beyond the ww2 years. This remaining work will be completed soon.

dated: 29th July, 2018.

Cheers from myself and fabfeingold.

LINK TO updated with fixes completed (August 12, 2018) PLAYABLE GAME:

https://mega.nz/#!24oHWTKQ!2Xz51YAG1R2wBZRagUfbrxtSmNsk3kiYLtK7nMXuNU0

Watch out for Mod Folders within mod folders. Extract the folder, find the game folder containing the game files, and copy and paste into the Darkest Hour Mods folder. Choose from the list and play.

Last edited:
yep, I wish you luck (I mean you aren't converting the HOI2 scenarios too) hmm, oh, I just converted the Cold War Tech Tree and made it work with the E3 map despite all of its attempts to not work, I could post it if you want another version available however the map will be the map that was used in the Putin mod because that version is the only version I have.

Some things that would be good:

- reorganization of the tags. There are some unneeded tags with useless countries that the player will rarely see and there could be others added which are more useful. In one of the not yet released mods the African territories are puppets and not directly controlled, so they can wage war against each other more easily (in ww1), and some African tags could be used for that
- integration of the flagchange project, so a communist nation would look communist, and a fascist would look that
- some AI boost so they actually use Paratroopers and Marines accordingly
- I don't know how, but give the country relation some meaning. (Right now it rarely means anything, that I have +180 or +50 relation. I know, trade and stuff checks this, but it is really pointless to make better relations.)
- if even 0.5% of the things that are proposed in the 1.5 patch thread could be added, than all would bow down and praise your name

yep, I wish you luck (I mean you aren't converting the HOI2 scenarios too) hmm, oh, I just converted the Cold War Tech Tree and made it work with the E3 map despite all of its attempts to not work, I could post it if you want another version available however the map will be the map that was used in the Putin mod because that version is the only version I have.

I'll be porting everything to this mod. I'd love to see your CWT work if you want to post it somewhere? The techs will be done like the ones in the putin mod. I mean those little boxes, so each current tech page will have at least another 50% room for more stuff. More techs or more something else? Other than technologies, what could you put there as well?

Some things that would be good:

- reorganization of the tags. There are some unneeded tags with useless countries that the player will rarely see and there could be others added which are more useful. In one of the not yet released mods the African territories are puppets and not directly controlled, so they can wage war against each other more easily (in ww1), and some African tags could be used for that
- integration of the flagchange project, so a communist nation would look communist, and a fascist would look that
- some AI boost so they actually use Paratroopers and Marines accordingly
- I don't know how, but give the country relation some meaning. (Right now it rarely means anything, that I have +180 or +50 relation. I know, trade and stuff checks this, but it is really pointless to make better relations.)
- if even 0.5% of the things that are proposed in the 1.5 patch thread could be added, than all would bow down and praise your name

If you are talking about the Day of Infamy mod regarding african states, I did the map only the other day for Tera, so I know what you mean. His Africa looks a lot better than the usual. Flagchange project, is that still available?

I haven't been looking at the 1.5 patch thread so am not familiar with anything mentioned there. I'm not a programmer so can only muddle through on stuff.

Nope, I was talking about Dawn of Weltkrieg mod. (I forgot the name, but searched for it now.) It has/had a couple of African colonial states which would wage war in ww1.

I'll be porting everything to this mod. I'd love to see your CWT work if you want to post it somewhere? The techs will be done like the ones in the putin mod. I mean those little boxes, so each current tech page will have at least another 50% room for more stuff. More techs or more something else? Other than technologies, what could you put there as well?
Yikes, I means sure, some 1938 or some Doomsday would be ok with the E3 map as they are based off of actual scenarios, however, I don't think Armageddon or the Abyss (basically the same scenario) would work well as those tags are assigned to Indian States and German States.

Ok, got that link ready for the E3/Cold War Tech Tree conversion:https://mega.nz/#!8w9UgIZS!kMZ8p90uZ154cjg2mSav8OtuXZHnJ2J99IVVfs2oEkk

Last edited:
Yikes, I means sure, some 1938 or some Doomsday would be ok with the E3 map as they are based off of actual scenarios, however, I don't think Armageddon or the Abyss (basically the same scenario) would work well as those tags are assigned to Indian States and German States.

Ok, got that link ready for the E3/Cold War Tech Tree conversion:https://mega.nz/#!8w9UgIZS!kMZ8p90uZ154cjg2mSav8OtuXZHnJ2J99IVVfs2oEkk

OK got the download. Let me have a look to see what you have there. Cheers

It would be nice to see province IDs assigned in a proper way. It really annoys me when I play FODD and see province #603 neighbouring province #6380.

Well that problem will remain. What difference does it make?

There is another factor for you to consider. There are already mods done for the E3 map and it is best to keep the E3 map province IDs the same, as then these mods can be quickly updated to the new E3-FN map. Otherwise the mods would have to be totally re-done, and seeing that most guys have gone on to other things, that would not be good.

@Conquerer1234 : Those techs look very good. I'm intending to expand on the ARM techs for the majors, possibly ART etc as well.

@Conquerer1234 : Those techs look very good. I'm intending to expand on the ARM techs for the majors, possibly ART etc as well.
well, I had the time and the desire to fix the Cold War Tech Tree so I and @mdlusk decided to fix the Tech Tree in order to work with any Darkest Hour mod you throw at it. hmm, Artillery, maybe the Schwerer Gustav type of railway gun could work as a unit, as it was historically used to break Sevastopol in 1942 and was built to dismantle the Maginot line (but Germany used Fall Gelb to go around that) oh, a fair bit of advice while converting WW1 over, remember to have the French Indochinese Union (U03) join the Entente as they don't in the regular Darkest Hour and it is a historical inaccuracy I attempted to fix in the Grand Campaign to little avail.

Well that problem will remain. What difference does it make?

There is another factor for you to consider. There are already mods done for the E3 map and it is best to keep the E3 map province IDs the same, as then these mods can be quickly updated to the new E3-FN map. Otherwise the mods would have to be totally re-done, and seeing that most guys have gone on to other things, that would not be good.
I think it's a bit difficult to create a scenario or AI file when IDs are so weird. Plus I can't see any troubles in remaking the mod as soon as there is map-to-map converter. I know you remade the WiF mod using it. BTW, do you still have the converter files? I need them to remake 1914 mod.

I think it's a bit difficult to create a scenario or AI file when IDs are so weird. Plus I can't see any troubles in remaking the mod as soon as there is map-to-map converter. I know you remade the WiF mod using it. BTW, do you still have the converter files? I need them to remake 1914 mod.

The mmc tool is still available from Bizon in the Modding Tools thread. I just downloaded it again to check.
Most of the province IDs are ok, some are weird, some very weird as you say. When I get the map from Fabian, I can see what I can do to improve things, but I expect some IDs will still be messed up somewhat? I am already working on a map ID : map ID conversion table, it would also mean starting again on that.... ouch!

it had a few errors so I got a new link ready:https://mega.nz/#!Bo83mbIa!uv63N4xYiFlUtkQsCWSxVkItifWzq9CppJ5fwl04b4I

The mmc tool is still available from Bizon in the Modding Tools thread. I just downloaded it again to check.
Most of the province IDs are ok, some are weird, some very weird as you say. When I get the map from Fabian, I can see what I can do to improve things, but I expect some IDs will still be messed up somewhat? I am already working on a map ID : map ID conversion table, it would also mean starting again on that.... ouch!

I would seriously advice against messing with the province IDs. I know it's ridiculously disorganized the way it is, but changing it would really involve a huge amount of work and make porting old mods well nigh impossible. And since it does not affect gameplay it really is not worth it.

As regards TAGs. I already modded the revolt file to work with E3 Map and added a significant number of new nations to span from 1914-1975. (Only those that existed in real life or had a really good chance to make it, I removed all others) But there are so many TAGs left. I doubt anyone would use all of them.

I got it already, no worries if there are a couple of errors. Looks great, Thanks

I would seriously advice against messing with the province IDs. I know it's ridiculously disorganized the way it is, but changing it would really involve a huge amount of work and make porting old mods well nigh impossible. And since it does not affect gameplay it really is not worth it.

As regards TAGs. I already modded the revolt file to work with E3 Map and added a significant number of new nations to span from 1914-1975. (Only those that existed in real life or had a really good chance to make it, I removed all others) But there are so many TAGs left. I doubt anyone would use all of them.

I'm confused. Mumia had already done the revolt.txt file for the E3 map. Guys need all the TAGS they can get, so if you have extras, they need to be left in the file marked as Free.

Well you can still use Mumias revolt file (I only took out the Indian Princely States and added a couple more). I'll attach my revolöt file again.

These are all the TAGs that are available. (At least in AOD, I am sure they also work in DH).

AFG, ALB, ALG, ALS, ANG, ARA, ARG, ARM, AST, AUS, AXI, AZB, BEL, BEN, BHU, BLR, BOL, BOS, BRA, BRU, BUL, BUR, CAL, CAM, CAN, CGX, CHC, CHI, CHL, CMB, COL, CON, COS, CRO, CSA, CSX, CUB, CXB, CYN, CYP, CZE, DDR, DEN, DFR, DOM, EAF, ECU, EGY, ENG, EQA, EST, ETH, EUS, FIN, FLA, FRA, GAB, GEO, GER, GLD, GRE, GUA, GUI, GUY, HAI, HOL, HON, HUN, ICL, IDC, IND, INO, IRE, IRQ, ISR, ITA, JAP, JOR, KAZ, KOR, KUR, KYG, LAO, LAT, LBY, LEB, LIB, LIT, LUX, MAD, MAL, MAN, MEN, MEX, MLY, MON, MOR, MOZ, MTN, NAM, NEP, NIC, NIG, NOR, NZL, OMN, OTT, PAK, PAL, PAN, PAR, PER, PHI, POL, POR, PRI, PRK, PRU, QUE, RHO, ROM, RSI, RUS, SAF, SAL, SAR, SAU, SCA, SCH, SCO, SER, SIA, SIB, SIE, SIK, SLO, SLV, SOM, SOV, SPA, SPR, SUD, SWE, SYR, TAJ, TAN, TEX, TIB, TRA, TRK, TUN, TUR, U00, U01, U02, U03, U04, U05, U06, U07, U08, U09, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, U20, U21, U22, U23, U24, U25, U26, U27, U28, U29, U30, U31, U32, U33, U34, U35, U36, U37, U38, U39, U40, U41, U42, U43, U44, U45, U46, U47, U48, U49, U50, U51, U52, U53, U54, U55, U56, U57, U58, U59, U60, U61, U62, U63, U64, U65, U66, U67, U68, U69, U70, U71, U72, U73, U74, U75, U76, U77, U78, U79, U80, U81, U82, U83, U84, U85, U86, U87, U88, U89, U90, U91, U92, U93, U94, U95, U96, U97, U98, U99, UA0, UA1, UA2, UA3, UA4, UA5, UA6, UA7, UA8, UA9, UAP, UAU, UB0, UB1, UB2, UB3, UB4, UB5, UB6, UB7, UB8, UB9, UBO, UC0, UC1, UC2, UC3, UC4, UC5, UC6, UC7, UC8, UC9, UCH, UCS, UD0, UD1, UD2, UD3, UD4, UD5, UD6, UD7, UD8, UD9, UE0, UE1, UE2, UE3, UE4, UE5, UE6, UE7, UE8, UE9, UER, UES, UF0, UF1, UF2, UF3, UF4, UF5, UF6, UF7, UF8, UF9, UGS, UIC, UIR, UKR, UPE, UPR, UPS, URO, URU, USA, USN, UTC, UTL, UTO, UZB, VEN, VIC, VIE, WLL, YEM, YUG

Attachments

• misc.txt
    19,5 KB · Views: 432
Well you can still use Mumias revolt file (I only took out the Indian Princely States and added a couple more). I'll attach my revolöt file again.

These are all the TAGs that are available. (At least in AOD, I am sure they also work in DH).

AFG, ALB, ALG, ALS, ANG, ARA, ARG, ARM, AST, AUS, AXI, AZB, BEL, BEN, BHU, BLR, BOL, BOS, BRA, BRU, BUL, BUR, CAL, CAM, CAN, CGX, CHC, CHI, CHL, CMB, COL, CON, COS, CRO, CSA, CSX, CUB, CXB, CYN, CYP, CZE, DDR, DEN, DFR, DOM, EAF, ECU, EGY, ENG, EQA, EST, ETH, EUS, FIN, FLA, FRA, GAB, GEO, GER, GLD, GRE, GUA, GUI, GUY, HAI, HOL, HON, HUN, ICL, IDC, IND, INO, IRE, IRQ, ISR, ITA, JAP, JOR, KAZ, KOR, KUR, KYG, LAO, LAT, LBY, LEB, LIB, LIT, LUX, MAD, MAL, MAN, MEN, MEX, MLY, MON, MOR, MOZ, MTN, NAM, NEP, NIC, NIG, NOR, NZL, OMN, OTT, PAK, PAL, PAN, PAR, PER, PHI, POL, POR, PRI, PRK, PRU, QUE, RHO, ROM, RSI, RUS, SAF, SAL, SAR, SAU, SCA, SCH, SCO, SER, SIA, SIB, SIE, SIK, SLO, SLV, SOM, SOV, SPA, SPR, SUD, SWE, SYR, TAJ, TAN, TEX, TIB, TRA, TRK, TUN, TUR, U00, U01, U02, U03, U04, U05, U06, U07, U08, U09, U10, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, U20, U21, U22, U23, U24, U25, U26, U27, U28, U29, U30, U31, U32, U33, U34, U35, U36, U37, U38, U39, U40, U41, U42, U43, U44, U45, U46, U47, U48, U49, U50, U51, U52, U53, U54, U55, U56, U57, U58, U59, U60, U61, U62, U63, U64, U65, U66, U67, U68, U69, U70, U71, U72, U73, U74, U75, U76, U77, U78, U79, U80, U81, U82, U83, U84, U85, U86, U87, U88, U89, U90, U91, U92, U93, U94, U95, U96, U97, U98, U99, UA0, UA1, UA2, UA3, UA4, UA5, UA6, UA7, UA8, UA9, UAP, UAU, UB0, UB1, UB2, UB3, UB4, UB5, UB6, UB7, UB8, UB9, UBO, UC0, UC1, UC2, UC3, UC4, UC5, UC6, UC7, UC8, UC9, UCH, UCS, UD0, UD1, UD2, UD3, UD4, UD5, UD6, UD7, UD8, UD9, UE0, UE1, UE2, UE3, UE4, UE5, UE6, UE7, UE8, UE9, UER, UES, UF0, UF1, UF2, UF3, UF4, UF5, UF6, UF7, UF8, UF9, UGS, UIC, UIR, UKR, UPE, UPR, UPS, URO, URU, USA, USN, UTC, UTL, UTO, UZB, VEN, VIC, VIE, WLL, YEM, YUG

Some of these I have never seen before....

UAx.... UDx.... UFx.... UBx....UCx...

hmmm