• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I, and others, would love for this mod to be updated. My main issue with the mod was the holy lands. Rome, Jerusalem, Mecca, Medina and Constantinople I think it was. I get that it's there for balance, but it makes it very difficult to play as an Atheist away from the eastern Mediterranean. I don't know if CKII religions work without holylands, or if you can revise the holyland mechanic to make Atheism more ecumenical.

I think the Atheist "holy" lands should instead be 5 of the following: Paris, Constantinople, Rome, Alexandria, Athens, Milos, Oxford, Thüringen. The first 4 were centers of learning, the latter 4 hold historical importance to atheism.

Some theists believe that without faith in a superior being people lose purpose and sink into depression. However it's no more likely to hit an atheist than it is a theist, and is more likely a case of projection.

Some theists believe that without faith in a superior being people lose purpose and sink into depression. However it's no more likely to hit an atheist than it is a theist, and is more likely a case of projection.

Well I used to be an Atheist, I'm speaking from my own perspective basically. With faith in anything, doesn't have to be Christianity .. Depression nullifies, and this is coming from someone that was an atheist for years. Anyway, whatever you want to delude yourself into you can it's not a problem. It was actually more or less a joke but I guess you people cannot see that.

The character might find the idea of just being a biological fluke who's memories and awareness of this beautiful and fascinating world, his/her existence, and of loved ones, will one day cease to exist and, as far as the character is concerned when he/she is dead, never happened, because they won't remember it, they won't remember having lived or anything, they simply won't 'be', to be an extremely depressing thing to accept and the character might have a chance to gain the depressed trait, makes sense to me.

Well I used to be an Atheist, I'm speaking from my own perspective basically. With faith in anything, doesn't have to be Christianity .. Depression nullifies, and this is coming from someone that was an atheist for years. Anyway, whatever you want to delude yourself into you can it's not a problem. It was actually more or less a joke but I guess you people cannot see that.

If it was a joke it was one made in poor taste (mental illness is not funny), and your explanation seems designed to be insulting. But I won't argue as it will simply derail the thread.

I'm not going to directly quote anyone but as an agnostic, I'd like to remind everyone that atheism has as much faith in it as theism, it's just that religion itself has much more. Atheism is not "the lack of belief in a god" but "the belief that there is absolutely no god". In some way, agnosticism in this mod might be an atheist with the cynical trait and the militant atheists are the ones with the zealot trait. In any way, the cynical trait already represents "disbelief in proclaimed religion" in some form, an officially atheistic noble in this game would make atheism/irreligion as more than a personal standpoint: Temples would be college or schools, priests would be philosophers and professors, the head of religion would be some form of headmaster (Pope) among rectors (cardinals).

Ah, the "atheism is a religion/faith too!" thing.

As pointless and nonsensical as this mod is (religion title in CK2 is more cultural than theological views), please don't make this thread derailed.

As pointless and nonsensical as this mod is (religion title in CK2 is more cultural than theological views), please don't make this thread derailed.
As I stated previously, while the cynical/zealous trait group are enough to define the theological views of characters who proclaim a religion because they believe in it or because it is to their political benefit to do so; what this mod if done properly would represent is a political movement in abolition of religion. Not historically probable, but would have been possible. Especially if the Pope was already busy with a crusade at the moment.
Ah, the "atheism is a religion/faith too!" thing.
It's not a religion as the atheism/theism dichotomy is different from the religion/irreligion one. There are irreligious (no dogmatic definitions, codified rites etc.) theists (people who believe in a god) that we call deists. Just as there are atheistic (no god exists) religions, such as the jainism and carvaka schools in India, I think both of them died out though.

But while I will not give a single moment of doubt to the benefit of religion, I have to ask how saying that there is absolutely no way there is a god does not involve faith according to you. I don't give it much likelihood either and I surely don't take it into account when going about my daily business; but while it's a very small probability, claiming this probability is equal to 0 would be to accept a non-provable proposition as fact... Or however you want to define faith.

By the way in the current update large catholisism and indian religions dissapear and are replaced with no religions which are unplayable