• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is a guide to install it?

1. download the mod
2. extract the files to your ck2\mod folder, if you have the steam version extract it to steam\steamapps\common\crusaderkings 2\mod
3. start the game launcher and select the mod
4. ?
5. profit.

My game isn't loading the mod correctly...

1.05f, XIDX. I installed the mod to \Users\[me]\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

The launcher displays the mod as it should, I select the mod (I tried leaving the Mongol Face and CoA DLCs enabled, and disabling them - didn't make a difference), and launch the game...only to arrive at the normal start screen. It still says 1.05f XIDX. Did I install it wrong? Is there a step I skipped?

We've had a few people claim this, and we're trying to figure out what's going wrong. Could you take a screenshot of your directory hierarchy? We're wondering if you installed to /mod/A Game of Thrones/A Game of Thrones or something.

We've had a few people claim this, and we're trying to figure out what's going wrong. Could you take a screenshot of your directory hierarchy? We're wondering if you installed to /mod/A Game of Thrones/A Game of Thrones or something.

I actually tried that, and the mod didn't show up in the chooser.

Here's the hierarchy.

Amit is directly under Users, which is directly under C:

ShWXM.png

I noticed the date is the year 8000+

Why not just use AL?

Because there are no negative dates, so we wouldn't be able to have Aegon in the character files.

I actually tried that, and the mod didn't show up in the chooser.

Here's the hierarchy.

Amit is directly under Users, which is directly under C:

Oh, there's your problem. You need to install to the actual game directory (wherever you installed CK2 to), not the My Documents folder.

The marry_anyone cheat is most useful for the Targs.

do be aware that the cheat applies to the AI as well. there is an event where you can choose to marry a brother and sister. If they are of a similar age wait for them to grow up and the event should fire.

Huh; so why did it show up in the mod-and-dlc-chooser-thing?

Anyway, did that, it works now...and wow is the map gorgeous.

I was thinking of writing an AAR, is there anywhere to do this just for this mod, or do we need to use the main AAR forum?

You can just post it in the normal AAR forum I believe, then just PM one of us and we can post a link in one of the main mod posts.

Is this mod not compatible with the mac version? Is any mod for that matter? When I select the mod from the launcher refuses the game to start and gives me an error message.

Top top top job guys! Only played a few minutes but already in severe nerdgasm. Love that you've implemented a lot of Westeros specific stuff and events to help kick off the canon rebellion. The traits of characters (I was looking at the Lannisters specifically) are spot on too. Well done!

Can't wait to see how this evolves, you guys are all awesome!

only thing I've noticed so far is 'beginning' spelt wrong on the summer length dialog. :)

Maybe giving count level families more members is a good idea? I've started several short games as several of my favorite characters, all of which have been duke level characters so far, and in most games I've ended up with at least one country, with other games several or all, because the lords of those lands keep dying in the War.

It gives me more land, so I can;t complain, but I can only imagine the number of houses that go extinct within the first few years.

If this is by design to get rid of the random/unnamed families or to make the high houses more pronounces, then I gues sthere's something to be said about it.

which characters did you play in particular? Different people did different regions so some region's families may not have enough starting characters

Lol, at 60 Robert is still fighting the Targaryens, although the Targaryen he now fights is Aerys' great grandson. He's slowly winning, he has the Tyrrel, Martels, Arryns and Starks on his side (Starks inherited the Riverlands). King Rhaegar II have only the Lannisters, Greyjoys, Conningtons and Renly Barotheon backing him (yes, Renly betrayed his brother). Still the Targaryens seem to hold, I don't think Robert will win in another 20 years or so, and by then several houses have probably switched side again.

Excellent work on the mod. I can see you all put a lot of effort into the detail to which I salute you all. Of particular note I like how you have used specific events for characters such as Lyanna being imprisoned by Rhaegor to keep everything going in the right track and Tywin expressing his neutrality.

On the note of different scenarios, once you have this one perfected, have you any ideas for the next one? I guess the logical step would be to do a War of the Five Kings scenario.

Not the Whents, but the Darrys, Rygers, and Mootons, as well as a few other houses. We tried implementing all of these, but CK2 couldn't handle it and kept CTDing, and it seriously threw off the balance of Robert's Rebellion. So we decided to just make Jon Connington, who's actually somewhat important, side with the king, and call it a day.

Fixing this is one of our long term goals for this mod.
I see, that explains it all quite well then. Too bad with the CTDs, hope you manage to sort it out eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.