• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
SuperTurbo said:
Thats my experience to!

It is. Check misc.txt file in the DB folder

There is a line that reads:

# Upgrade cost
# Upgrade time

I think this controls the general upgrade cost.

In vanila it is .05 for both so there is a 10% increase along with a increase in both the base cost and time.

An example of the change: going from Inf II to Inf III.

in Mod 34:
Base IC cost for Inf III is 7. So the cost is (7*0.6) 4.2 per day
Time required for Inf III is 95 days. The time required is (95*0.6) 57 days

In vanilla the lines read 0.5
The base cost for Inf III is the same as the Mod so the calulations are:

IC - (7*0.5) = 3.5 per day
Time - (95*0.5) = 47.5 days

A total IC cost for each:
Mod 34 = 239.4
Vanilla = 166.25

When you have to upgrade nearly 100 units thats a big difference. Specially in Mod 34 where there are more levels of Inf then vanilla

Possible Bug?

May have found a bug. Downloaded and installed last night. Great Mod guys. :D Anyway, I played a month of the 33 Beta and I got 2 events or maybe I should call them messages that Standard Country Annexed Standard Country. :wacko: Will play more today and see if I get any more. Again this is a great mod.

Forgot to ask in my previous post. As Germany will the Saarland be returned to me by Event or do I needed to send in troops. If I need to sen in troops when will be a good time frame...1933, 1934, 1935...etc..

Thanks
Stewart

Prussian Prince said:
May have found a bug. Downloaded and installed last night. Great Mod guys. :D Anyway, I played a month of the 33 Beta and I got 2 events or maybe I should call them messages that Standard Country Annexed Standard Country. :wacko: Will play more today and see if I get any more. Again this is a great mod.

As already explained many times, it is a work around solution used by modders to updates some data which require annexation to be triggered.

Prussian Prince said:
Forgot to ask in my previous post. As Germany will the Saarland be returned to me by Event or do I needed to send in troops. If I need to sen in troops when will be a good time frame...1933, 1934, 1935...etc..

Thanks
Stewart

No need to send troops.
Event will be triggered without any requirement at start of '36.

Any way to tweak the partisans level?

If you capture a province in 1934, and ten years later the partisan level has not dropped a dime, its hardly even remotely realistic.

Whereabouts would the partisan level setting be located so that it can be tweaked? A reduction of .33% per month seems reasonable - 4% partisan reduction every year, so 48% partisan upon capture would take 12 years to completely pacify.

dag231 said:
Any way to tweak the partisans level?

If you capture a province in 1934, and ten years later the partisan level has not dropped a dime, its hardly even remotely realistic.

Whereabouts would the partisan level setting be located so that it can be tweaked? A reduction of .33% per month seems reasonable - 4% partisan reduction every year, so 48% partisan upon capture would take 12 years to completely pacify.

I think it's misc.txt

Two short questions from one who just installed the mod.

1) as japan is it right that i can't see the unit names for any ships eg kongo class, A6M2 etc only unit type designations.

2) is there a real advantage to the path of war. as i see it the industrial bonuses are almost the same for peace with no dissent, lower peacetime malus, industry construction and research bonuses.

Teivel said:
Two short questions from one who just installed the mod.

1) as japan is it right that i can't see the unit names for any ships eg kongo class, A6M2 etc only unit type designations.

2) is there a real advantage to the path of war. as i see it the industrial bonuses are almost the same for peace with no dissent, lower peacetime malus, industry construction and research bonuses.

Real drawback of way of peace is the sliders move.
When playing GER or JAP, it hurts to get dove and isolationist moves...

You have to keep in mind that way of war / way of peace are not mandatory for tech tree. You can decide to let them both aside or to choose one at any time.

Oh additional question. Does the Beta 1933 scenario include all of the events and follow on of the 1934 scen but with even more time at the start to customise and build up or is it a completely different, sparse scenario.

i note of course that i don't want the AI to be at unrealistic tech levels by WWII

Teivel said:
Oh additional question. Does the Beta 1933 scenario include all of the events and follow on of the 1934 scen but with even more time at the start to customise and build up or is it a completely different, sparse scenario.

i note of course that i don't want the AI to be at unrealistic tech levels by WWII

I'm not 100% sure but it seems to.
And some more events between '33 and end '34.

But as it is said, it is still a beta and in my opinion, especially for GER AI, it needs tweaks.

Thanks for all the quick responses.

I've played through to around mid 35 at the moment following a peaceful path as Japan with hopes to intervene in the World War on the Allied Side and net some puppets or the like.

One thing i have noticed and felt like questioning was the resources and trade issue.

I'm more than used to running in the red as Japan but trading with the US, SOV and netherlands is almost always enough in normal games if you produce excess supply.

The soviets cancel every deal i make (even those with 100% chances) within hours or ocassionally days of signing which is exceedingly annoying.

A similar behaviour can be reported from Belgium and indeed all of Europe.
USA is effected to a lesser degree.

My problem is that not only that this is extremely annoying and leading to me heamoraging steel and rares as well as spending every 5th day setting up short resource grabs but also, looking to the future. i don't see how the partners or indeed the map will be able to handle the type of industrial growth i can acomplish with this awesome tech tree and my dedication to IC.

Am i missing something or is this map really going to leave Japan static and unable to industry up by a peaceful path even after wrestling relations to +20 - +50 range with the neighbours in question.

as it is i won't be able to break even come the war and those one time tech bonuses will only go so far.

Teivel said:
Thanks for all the quick responses.

I've played through to around mid 35 at the moment following a peaceful path as Japan with hopes to intervene in the World War on the Allied Side and net some puppets or the like.

One thing i have noticed and felt like questioning was the resources and trade issue.

I'm more than used to running in the red as Japan but trading with the US, SOV and netherlands is almost always enough in normal games if you produce excess supply.

The soviets cancel every deal i make (even those with 100% chances) within hours or ocassionally days of signing which is exceedingly annoying.

A similar behaviour can be reported from Belgium and indeed all of Europe.
USA is effected to a lesser degree.

My problem is that not only that this is extremely annoying and leading to me heamoraging steel and rares as well as spending every 5th day setting up short resource grabs but also, looking to the future. i don't see how the partners or indeed the map will be able to handle the type of industrial growth i can acomplish with this awesome tech tree and my dedication to IC.

Am i missing something or is this map really going to leave Japan static and unable to industry up by a peaceful path even after wrestling relations to +20 - +50 range with the neighbours in question.

as it is i won't be able to break even come the war and those one time tech bonuses will only go so far.

It was one of the real life reasons for Japan to go to war. It couldn't gain the resources to keep the ever growing industry running.

Aye, and indeed intially i was excited that just this condition was going to be simulated. The breaker however is that AHistorical options do not appear to be viable in the short or long term.

If i invest in becoming close friends of the Soviets and USA should they be ending trades with 100% chance within a day of signing? The absurdity of this had me wondering if i'd made a technical error.
Japan could not gain access to resources it is true, but if i have ample supplies to trade and great relations then is there any apparent reason why i should not be able to gain access to at least my minimum requirements from my new, dare i say it, best friends.

Is Japan coded to get terrible deals from the UK? and/or deal cancelations from the USSR?

my other concern was not just for Japan, but globally, most of the big producers are barely running surpluses of any resources at even pre war, pre tech industrial level.

While i admit it's only initial impression it appears that even the great Soviet Union would not be able to survive gearing up to more that 190 effective IC without draining its rare and metal supply into the red.

Some of the problem may come from the fact that, although no one geared them, The USA seems to be running at quite the IC level (although it's possible i saw the values the wrong way around) but the global effect of this should be nothing like the slim pickings i'm seeing.

While i'm happy to play through in a new world of extremely limmitted resources, i fear for the AIs ability to maintain industry once it techs up and is running deficits that could hit 60-100 in critical areas relatively quickly.
I have played Vanilla, and i'm pretty sure i see a drastic resource difference.

I suppose i'm just looking for some reassurance before i go invading the damn Soviet Union so i can fund a 5th tech slot or something equally insane and out of character.

If that's the way it's played though...well life is cruel for the rising sun. :cool:

Some provinces get more resources in them as the time passes. Singapour and Koala Lumpur for example. Japan is certainly in troubles, but there is good way to avoid this:

Conquer a bit of CHina and establish Mengkukuo state. Then invest supplies there. You will get a lot of metal and some rares which will be enough for you.

Singapour and provinces to the north of it + Netherland colonias will make you enough materials. I had about 250-300 IC as Japan in several campaigns and was going pretty well.