• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
jsl said:
It' crashed again!! :eek: This is really becoming a problem now, can't really play it if it keeps doing this.

So I ask again: Has anyone else experienced problems with crashing when playing Mod34? :confused:

No. I have not before or after the resource patch.

SuperTurbo said:
How can you get to 200 by 1938 when most industry tech gives - ?

By doing all of the non industrial techs first. Then only those techs need to open up the research techs which give large bonuses. You also have to be careful about events that subtract (I don't remember which ones and I don't remember any that add) bonuses.

Garmorn said:
By doing all of the non industrial techs first. Then only those techs need to open up the research techs which give large bonuses. You also have to be careful about events that subtract (I don't remember which ones and I don't remember any that add) bonuses.
ok is that the best way to go for the majors?

SuperTurbo said:
ok is that the best way to go for the majors?

It depends on the Major. USA can put off building while Japan needs the techs early. It is the same old question. Build more IC or start building your military.

Each country has its own needs and balance and each player has their own approach.

Crashing

jsl said:
It' crashed again!! :eek: This is really becoming a problem now, can't really play it if it keeps doing this.

So I ask again: Has anyone else experienced problems with crashing when playing Mod34? :confused:

My game keeps crashing too. I do not know why it does that and no one else seems to know. I tried to reload it but no luck. It stills crashes. No help. Sorry. Maybe if enough people have this problem then maybe we will get an answer.

Signed
Frustrated because I love the game.

Some times I have crashes, some times I don't. I think it depends on the country. My crashes seem to happen when the standard annexs standard event fire. Usually reloading bypasses the crash, but not allways.

I'll start writing those new White Russia events tommorow. Guess I'll have to read some more about Generalplan Ost, since I don't have any idea who could lead this German provisional government.

jsl said:

I've had once a game with mod34 where I get a crash directly after I have made a save. So I reloaded it a couple of times and IIRC it crashed 4 times and then everything went well. I played about an hour without any problems and then turned off the computer. The next day I tried the same save game again and I couldn't get a crash (tried several times). So booting the computer might sometimes help. This is the oldest trick with Windows and the one you most likely get when you call a help desk ;)

GER AI problem

Version 0.52 + resources hotfix.

Playing normal/normal as JAP scenario '33.

In '40, GER is attacking west and has HUGE problems to capture BEL and therefore invade FRA.

The GER navy is really great, the Z-plan has may be too much disturbed ground forces build-up? :wacko:

alan_le_cowboy said:
Version 0.52 + resources hotfix.

Playing normal/normal as JAP scenario '33.

In '40, GER is attacking west and has HUGE problems to capture BEL and therefore invade FRA.

The GER navy is really great, the Z-plan has may be too much disturbed ground forces build-up? :wacko:

Got the exact same problem in my sovjet game.. Its june 1941 and the french were never defeated, they are actually starting to push the Germans back into belgien after having lost Paris..

Yeah I don't know what the probabilities are for the Z-Plan event branches but if you roll even with the less expensive submarine plan the events start building hilarious amounts of ships. I delete those manually when I play Germany, but the AI probably doesn't.

23skidoo said:
Yeah I don't know what the probabilities are for the Z-Plan event branches but if you roll even with the less expensive submarine plan the events start building hilarious amounts of ships. I delete those manually when I play Germany, but the AI probably doesn't.

Yeah, that is what I guess: z-plan event must be the same for human and AI player.
May be z-plan events should be tweaked for AI.