• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah upon starting the mod up for the 1st time just now I was doing my "usuals" in research -- then I noticed the negative modifiers in Industry. I thought it was designed to slow down the industry rushing in early game to go tandem with computing techs. Then I saw the + modifiers for the military techs and realized that this might just be brilliant.

You know it's going to be a good game when you have to labour over your tech decisions from day one heheh.

Well done Gents.

Erno said:
On last version we have seen that people firstly research so many inudtrial techs and forget doctrines.
Doctrines are so important, if you wan to have a hard army... you need doctrines. To force people to investigate more than industry we put negative modifier on industrial techs and positive modifiers in the other techs.
For every industrial tech that you research, you need to research another three or four techs to maintain your research modifier. With this you will have a more balanced country.
In the other hand if you don't research industrial techs you will be in a moment where you couldn't investigate anything.
If you add all negative modifiers and all positive modifiers you will see that you will get benefit.
We think that is a very good idea and it works.

In v0.10 we want to finish tech trees and we didn't finish all events that we promised. Just correct some of them but we didn't rewrite events for surrender of Germany and surrender of Soviets. Sorry.

Aha, that makes perfect sense. Still i think they are a little bit TOO uber. Well, i will see how my game goes and then see later. And dont worry about the events, more time for us to get experience with the new techtress now.

in my game germany wouldn't annex poland even though they had held al the vps for a week so i had to manully load as germany and annex them. Then after germany conquered france italy didn't join so i had to manually do it. is this happening to everyone?

No, that sounds strange? Does this happen to you all the time, or just once? Maybe a normal reload fixes this, sometimes the AI strangles itself... :wacko:

great mod, i especially like the new techtrees. But i think the IC allocation should be handled at least a little bit more accurate to historic facts. According to the "rise and fall of the great powers" by paul kennedy the shares of world industry should be the somehow like this:
USA - 32%
SU - 12%
D - 11%
UK- 11%
F - 7%
J - 4%
I - 3%

yet france and japan both have 74 harcore ic, which is in my opinion totally unrealistic

(I admit the numbers are for 1932 but basically this could not change that drastically as the US share in 1937 was even bigger, so there is no way that it is only about the double amount of soviet IC in 34)

Actually, in my current game as Germany (it's 1940, france is dead and I'm at war together with Japan, *China is bye bye!* against allies including USA)
Lagging behind in all tech areas with a research speed of ~80. Still, it works.
Great work guys!

delanonne said:
Hi I had many problems the first time I tried to install the Mod. You must extract the files into the folder where DD is NOT the "new folder" that comes up when you try to do it. I went crazy trying to figure out the problem. Then you must patch the HOI.exe file with the no time limit patch. Select the first option. That should do it. I just re-installed the the latest version and am having a great game as the Soviet Union. Good luck.

What does that mean.
This is what I did, in order agfter reading this post:
1. Erased New Folder
2 Installed Mod 34 to new folder "1934"
3 Copied Doomsday.exe file (patched to 1.3) to "1934" Folder
4 Used the patcher that came with the mod to start techteams in 1934 and no time limit.
5 I got the same result: "Please install the latest milestone"

So what gives?

Right form to install is:

1- Install Doomsday
2- Update Doomsday to v1.3
3- Execute the installer of Mod34, it will ask you where you want to install it and you have to select the same folder as Doomsday, not a new folder inside Doomsday or in another site.
4- Then, when the installation was finished, no time limit pacht will start automatically and just follow instructions.

If this does not work you have a new problem that we don't know.

really weird thing just happened to me. as japan i annexed uk and suddenly i'm at peace with america and all of the commonwealth. anyone know why?

Also why is micronesia run by an allied admiral. wouldn't it be weird if nimitz invaded his own country?

Erno said:
Right form to install is:

1- Install Doomsday
2- Update Doomsday to v1.3
3- Execute the installer of Mod34, it will ask you where you want to install it and you have to select the same folder as Doomsday, not a new folder inside Doomsday or in another site.
4- Then, when the installation was finished, no time limit pacht will start automatically and just follow instructions.

If this does not work you have a new problem that we don't know.

Thanks a lot, that cleared everything up and I must say the MOD is kicking ass.

Playing my first GER game now, been a nice game for now. But I have a question.... Since the SCW started the Support event triggered at least 3 times....letting me choose the 3 options all the times. I mean : collaborate, say you wont and send help in secret, and dont collaborate. I have chosen the two collaboration options a few times but it keeps firing. I hope it stops once the SCW is over. is this bug or wad?

To Screaming-Eagle:
When Germany attacks Belgium, they become an ally.

To scubasteve1233:
In the surrender event of UK it could be to happen that, you annex UK and you are in peace with Commonwealth.

To elpeladopocione:
That event fires many times during Spanish Civil War, not just to Germany if not also to Italy, USSR and allies. It shows the aid sent by these countries during war.
As Germany you have to select collaborate at least once to get a blueprint.

Man, I'm enjoying the game, but let me ask:

1. Shouldn't Option A for non-intervention in the SCW for the Germans to be secretly arm the Nationals? Option A as it is says honor the non-intervension.

2. Nationist Spain keeps getting their asses kicked by the Republicans. I played it three times already, what gives?

3. Is their a tech tree I can look at. I wanted to enter WWII with good tanks and the best infantry I could get but I can't research them. I've stayed away from the industrial sector because of the steep modifier penalties. What's a fellow to do?

Anyway, it is a FANTASTIC mod, thought you should know.

First option is for intervention and other countries know it. Second option is for non-intervention but Germany sends support secretly and third option is for non-intervention.
As Germany you must select first option at leat once to get a blueprint (I don't remember which).

Normally Nationalist Spain wins war (aprox. 80%) but in some cases you could have a series of games where Republican Spain wins.

As I have said in other post, you have to research all techs. You need industrial techs to research infantry, tanks... to research all of other techs. It is ridiculous to have a great tanks or infantry without a industrial base to construct and maintain them.
If you look at infantry and tanks you will see white arrows indicating what you need to research that tech. In many cases what you need is in industrial tree.
We did it on purpose to force you to research all trees and to have a balanced nation.