• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi all!

I have just downloaded the mod and it is awesome. But I have to problems:
The off-map country Standard become free and get annexed nearly every month. How can I kill this bug?
There are techs that requires materials like the 2nd submachine gun. How can i research them? There are lot of other things like this "Materials". What should i do to research techs like this??

The off-map country Standard become free and get annexed nearly every month. How can I kill this bug?

It's meant to do this.

The white boxes are just prerequisites that are in another tab. They tell you that "Materials" unlocks everything that an arrow coming from it (the box) points to.

Then what is the name of the tech, Materials? Is it in the industry tab? I have checked it, but i couldn't find it. I will check again.
Alexus: Sorry for my bad english, but i can't undestand your answer.

Standard is supposed to be annexed every month. It's part of how the mod works :)

Then what is the name of the tech, Materials? Is it in the industry tab? I have checked it, but i couldn't find it. I will check again.

research intro for mod34 I made a while ago

the specific tech materials you're looking for is probably Special Materials
which you can find in the industry tab. look for the direct requirements for it via "Tecnoflechas.exe" and so on.

If noone answer, you should try to ask on mod34 website.
You can find link on first page of this thread.

Thanks i found it in the end and now im not sure whether it was from this mod

Also how come so many techs cause your research efficiency to drop? I noticed that things were going slow as then i found out all the industrial techs do about -8% research efficiency! Mines down to 50% and things are taking forever!

Also how come so many techs cause your research efficiency to drop? I noticed that things were going slow as then i found out all the industrial techs do about -8% research efficiency! Mines down to 50% and things are taking forever!

i think you're supposed to not research too many industrial techs, if i remember rightly most other things raise the efficiency by .7% or something, so you could work out a ratio of tech to keep it at least at 100%. i've just started reading blue emu's mod34 aar and he got it to about 170% at one point i think.

Playing as USA in scenario '33.

I have often event 'cooperation with USA" event! Im playing USA!

yeah I get those too on a regular basis with my current 34 scenario game as JAP (around twice a year).
don't think it's a bug but WAD = helps you a bit with resources as especially democratic countries can run into deep problems resource wise before they enter the war.
the "cooperation with own country" ain't the best description for it, true.

never had this problem that shipbuilding time dropped to one single day
(and I played this mod extensively)
so I guess it was not caused by this mod.

did you read my guide regarding research in mod34?
link @ my post above.
rule of thumb for a balanced research build:

- reserve at least 2 slots (if you play a major power with 5 research slots to begin with) for doctrinal research (most of the time I'll use even 3 slots, one for land, air and sea doctrines each - depends on the country ofc).
- 1 slot for industry techs
- 1-2 for unit techs (infantry, armor&arty, air or naval ones)

- always try to get those techs with huge research (+2,+3..) boni asap (Study Centers, Training Institutes, Circuits Theory, Adv. Vacuum Tubes,
Calculators, Tabulators...)

- quantity has a qualitiy of its own!
= those doctrine techs with per se little research boni (+.3 till +.7) accumulate to a healthy chunk of your positive research speed together

with those guidelines my research speed rarely drops below 110 %.

and btw, my basic research plan for every major country looks like this:
first
- research manpower techs (Census, Military Service, Forced Recruitement) asap
- Wartime or Peacetime Industry (depends on the blueprint and country) ->
economy model (Liberal, Military, Marxist - again what is best for your country) -> HR (conquest) asap (HumanResources because MP is the most valuable resource you will need)

from those techs on it depends on the country you're playing
(what unit you will need when, which units you want to mass produce right from the start, basic doctrine stuff etc...)

Last edited:
Thanks for the guide ;)

If only I had known before I had done most industrial techs. Its seems a bit strange though as its not like you can choose a certain path with the industry techs as each one seems to need a previous one so you kinda have to do the whole lot if you want for example the quicker shipbuilding one.

Whats the rationale behind industry lowering tech anyway? I would have thought it would have made it quicker

It's to make you slow down your research, otherwise you would be able to get all sorts of advanced stuff really early.

I think there's a real world rationale as well. It's one thing to research a new technology and quite another to implement it. Before the end-user (in this case, you) can get the benefits of research developments, the industrial process needs to be redesigned and restructured to take advantage of them. This typically involves substantial retooling and new engineering, and while that's going on there's typically a loss of production capacity.

could someone please for the love of all that is holy post a freaking guide on how to develop a damn tank using this tech tree?

I am all in favor of adding more detail to a game, but it has to add and not detract value.. and so far this sucker detracts more then it adds because you can't tell how the hell to get from point A to point B.

For tanks, research Special Materials and Refined Fuel in the Industry tab. Don't reach them too quickly or else you'll cripple your research speed.

Fuel needs the following:
-Energy 1
-Metal 1
-Rare Materials 1
-Oil 1
--These are obtained after research Boost Mining, which in turn needs Chemical Industry
-Chemical Industry
-Selective Processes
--These need Industrial Improvements which needs Basic Industry

For Special Materials, follow the Industry tree like this:
Basic Industry
-Industrial Improvements
-Chemical Industry
--Light Industry
--Liberal/Military/Marxist Economy
---Average Industry
----Special Materials

Don't forget that these take out a massive chunk of your research speed, so spread them out.

So, i have played many many hours with the mod and here is my opinion after the uninstall:
- the techtree is awesome, but the dependence on the industry techs is annoying
- the number of events is the biggest (dis)advantage of the mod. Many many possibilities to advance your position, and to destroy it. I don't know what was the problem, but in the 34 scenario the end of Czechslovakia, Sudetaland, Anschluss weren't fired. Also in the help to Nationalist Spain event i was confused of what to do.
- this Standard country is very annoying.....
- black letters on grey background?
- short and annoying music
- the A.I. is bad, too agressive. I played as Hungary and attacked Yugoslavia. 1: Romania attacked me 2: Austria declared war upon Yugoslavia and Romania 3: The Allies declared war upon Austria 4: Romania declared war upon the Allies 5: Greece declared war upon the Allies WTF??? Because of they guarantee each others independence they need to start the WW? Also Germany declared war upon USSR when there were 6(!) divisions in the border and his units weren't in way to east...
So it is a good mod, but there should be 1.1 version...