• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah. That oil is yours, by jingo.

Best of luck.

I like George VI better personnally, but maybe Edwards can actually do something.

We'll be releasing Kaiserreich 1.0 either tonight or tomorrow, so I've been getting the files ready. I'll probably have an update tomorrow night, thanks for the feedback everybody.

Kibbles said:
We'll be releasing Kaiserreich 1.0 either tonight or tomorrow, so I've been getting the files ready. I'll probably have an update tomorrow night, thanks for the feedback everybody.
excellent.

Venezuela; A Projection of Power

After a week of futile negotiation in Caracao, Venezuela with Juan Bautista Pérez's new government over the Ownership of the Maracaibo Oil Fields, R.B. Bennett returned to Toronto and gave his advice to King Edward VIII, and Edward followed through. In the morning of the First of May, 1936, while parades marched through the city streets of France, Britain, Sicily, Mexico, Bengal and Centroamerica, a declaration of war was signed against Venezuela and the bombardment of the Venezuelan coast, weakened by a two-month long blockade began.

9-20War.jpg

The 5 Divisions which were placed under the command of Lt. General McNaughton and stationed at Trinidad sailed out to the Venezuelan Coastline.

May 1st - McNaughton knew he would have to act quickly if the mission were to be accomplished. First, secure the oil fields of Maracaibo and Second, topple the Pérez government. There was no time to hesitate. The 1st Royal Marine Division was going to be the first one to the action, ordered to assault the beaches of Western Venezuela. They little initial opposition they faced was quickly scattered and routed.

May 2nd - On the second day of the war, the news wasnt coming from Toronto or Caracao but from Washington. The United States Congress voted to cancel the Non-Aggression Pact they had earlier signed with the Canadian government, a mostly symbolic gesture that wont change any Canadian hearts over the war.

9-20USA.jpg

While Washington is publicly against our Invasion of Venezuela, some are privately for it, especially among the West Coast Industralists who were dependent on cheap, Venezuelan oil to fuel their factories.

Militarily, progress continued as Canadian troops moved further into Venezuelan territories, almost securing all of the Maracaibo and Barquisimeto provinces.

May 3rd - The Maracaibo oil fields have been secured, with only little infrastructural damage done to the fields by the fleeing Venezuelan army.

In the Federation controlled Guyana, Venezuelan troops have tried twice to break through and capture the capital of the Caribbean Federation but it proved futile, the coast of the Essequibo River was lined with dead Venezuelan soldiers due to the valiant defense of our small but loyal ally, the Caribbean Federation.

9-20May3rd.jpg

May 4th - The Battle of Caracao began, with three divisions attacking from both Maracaibo and Barquisimeto by land and two divisions under the command of Lt. General Crerar by sea, assaulting the Venezuelan coastline, working together with the Crown Royal Fleet and its Air Carriers.

9-20Fight.jpg

May 5th - After 22 hours of fighting, the Venezuelan Army struck their true colors and began to retreat east.

9-20Victory.jpg

May 7th - After two days of marching, the Caracao province had been secured, resulting in the resignation of Bautista Pérez and the surrender of the Venezuelan army.

9-20FinalVictory.jpg

9-20AnnexVenezuela.jpg

R.B. Bennett had been in contact with several Venezuelan statesmen and figures in the military who were more than upset with the Populist reforms of Bautista Pérez that showed leadership skills, but out of all of them, he liked General Eleazar Lopez Contreras the most. The General, A Military Strongman was made President immediately after the surrender of the army, he made his first radio address to his defeated people and the new Contreras Regime took control of Venezuela, while handing over Cuyuni to the Caribbean Federation.

9-20TheNewVenezuela.jpg

9-20TheNewVenezuelaCabinet.jpg

9-20TheNewVenezuelaGovernment.jpg

Well, that should certainly help you find all the oil you need. Congratulations!

And they'll ship you oil automatically once they have over 1000 of it, no?

Herbert West said:
Why didnt you chose puppet in peace negotiations? It would keep their army, for instance.
because annexing is so much more satisfying.. :)

Corbett: Yeah, I had only 1000 oil before the annexation and it jumped to 12,000. It'll take them a while to get their oil back from 0 to 110 but it'll be worth it.

GeneralHannibal: Yeah, anytime they get a surplus of 1000+ of anything they give it to me.

Herbert West: Even though I had a 70% peace score, they would accept. Their army was only 3-4 divisions anyways and now they have all my techs.

Excellent job showing them who's the boss in those parts?

Any more plans for Central or South America interventions? And what of the presumably growing strife in the USA if I remember the timeline correctly?

Alright, 1.0 is out. Check out the KR forum or the thread in my sig to get it.

Globe and Mail: Belize is in the hands of Centroamerica, they're game. As for the USA, Its been building and I've been making mention of it. Its going to boil over the top come election time in late 1936 and I dont know how involved I'll get or which side I'll take or if I'll even have a side to take.

US civil war may never happen, the results are highly imprevisible.

Good job with Venezuella, Canada's resources are now secured!