• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are there any events that occur when Canada annexes the UoB?

germanpeon said:
Are there any events that occur when Canada annexes the UoB?

There wasnt any when I did it, but that was about 6 to 7 months ago, havent played Kaiserreich in ages. It may have changed.

Yay update! its all going to be going on soon! Where do you think Canada will aim after the isles have fallen?

Cool! Great to see you posting again Kibbles. :) Don't waste your money negotiating with Ireland, just invade and puppet them. Besides, you need to take back N. Ireland as part of reclaiming the British Empire. ;)

both plans for New England occupation include a majority of land not in New England.

but I hope when the Civil War starts the Canadians will be able to put down the syndies.

Occupy whole CSoA + Alaska.
Attack and puppet Ireland, use it as a base to reconquer Britain.

I think Iceland would be the best choice, especially because you'll want to take over Ireland and make it a puppet for prestige reasons.

germanpeon: I checked, and I dont think there are any events. If there were, none of them will go as in-depth as I want to. I'd probably just edit the save game and write up events after. If you're planning your own Canadian game and wanted to know, good luck.

Raaritsgozilla: I couldn't say whats going to happen after the Home Islands are reconquered. I only changed the events to make sure some things like the American Civil War and an Expansionist France happened, but other than that, Kaiserreich can be unpredictable (in a good way). France might still need to be liberated, and India returned to the Crown.

I also set the percentages so the Spanish Civil War would happen, but the "CNT Revolts!" events came and went with no CNT. I'll probably just edit them in myself.

rcduggan: One of the maps is just a minimum plan for occupation. The second is if more of it needs to be policed while I prop up a more Canadian-friendly regime in Washington.

I guess I'll go as planned and when the time comes use Iceland as my spring board. An update will be coming later tonight. Glad the aar is still getting some views after 5 months without an update.

Edit: Forgot to mention before, but I'm using Armageddon now, which works fine with Kaiserreich. Full tech team take over might be on too.

Thats too bad. There SHOULD be events, perhaps changing the country tag to Great Britain (and adding cores), at which point the player would have the option of holding on to or releasing Canada as a Dominion (again :p ).

I have thought about a Canada game, but I cant get KReich to work on my PC. It crashes at a specific date for each country I have tried.

An update wont be coming tonight, but I actually have an excuse. I've been playing multiplayer with some people and I thought it'd be a good idea to make this multiplayer. We havent decided whos playing who yet, but now there will be at least 2 more players, most likely playing Russia and Japan or France. This wont change the frequency of updates. I'll be playing less, but for longer instead of just playing a few months at a time.

If it doesnt work out, I'll go back to playing it in single player.

:) That could be really interesting, putting other players at the helm of a couple other countries. Good luck with it!

That's a cool idea, hopefully having humans playing won't hinder Canadian expansionism. :D